I have taken part in an ATC swap where the theme was "friendship" and the rules were to add a 3D embellie and ribbon to the ATC.
I made three ATC's for my entries and have discovered a new technique which I used on two of them....oooooh, it is going to be a fave of mine, probably ancient and everyone already knows about it but I am really slow on the uptake sometimes LOL
ATC 1 was made using mountboard and Gesso and then Distress Inked, stamped using a Penny Black Brush Stroke flower and adding a 1" piece of Stampbord I had stamped and scratched. I used another PB stamp for the sentiment and added some ribbon thru an eyelet. I edged the whole ATC with white acrylic paint to tie it in with the scratches and the Gesso.
ATC 2 was made using a crackley technique I have discovered and stamping over the top with some stamps by ArtJourney. I added a couple of flowers made using the Claudine Hellmuth sticky canvas (yes, I am addicted to this fab product!!) and again, some ribbon thru an eyelet.
ATC 3 was made again using the same crackley technique and a couple of stamps from the Clearly Impressed range from Stampington. I added a PB sentiment and then again I used the Claudine Hellmuth (yes, totally nutty about this product) canvas and layered two flowers and added a little pearl to the middle of it. More ribbon thru an eyelet to finish.
Thanks for looking! I am working on a larger piece now using the same crackley technique so hopefully this will be finished in the next day or so, pain permitting.
Wednesday, 4 February 2009