Sunday 25 January 2009

Sunday Stamper - Week 44 - Blue Eyes

Morning Stampers,

Thank you to all of you who joined in with the last Sunday Stamper challenge - it was great to see so many lovely works of art :O))




This week the theme is Blue. As always, all you need to do to be able to join in with the challenge is to make something that features the colour blue and also incorporates stamping in some form or other. Once you have made your entry, please pop a post here and add a link to the place you are showing your creation and I will be able to hop over and see what you made.



I have made a canvas for my entry this week - how unusual that I am making a canvas :LOL



My canvas is 8" square and I coloured it using Colorbox Chalk Inks, Sky Blue and Prussian blue with a little Dark Blue around the edges.



I used some larger pieces of Stampbord for the decorating, colouring these in the same way. I used Penny Black Brush Strokes stamping, inking with Midnight Blue StaZon.



Once the stamping was complete, I scratched the images to get back to the while Stampbord colour and then I used a metal file to scuff up the edges.



The Stampbord then had one coat of UTEE applied, I only used the one coat this time as I wanted a bobbly effect on the pieces as the stamps are so lovely and kinda scruffy too - in a good way I mean though :O))




I also used some Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas to make some delightful little flower embellies,colouring and stamping as above and then adding the canvas to some metal, cutting out and then shaping to make them 3D. I stuck them to the finished piece using silicone glue. As you can probably tell, I am loving this new sticky canvas ... I seem to be using it on almost everything I make at the moment LOL




That's all from me - have a wonderful Sunday and I am looking forward to seeing your creations.

Hels x

30 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

oooh Blue my favourite colour..off to think of something to make . love the canvas
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I love your canvas Hels!! Reminds me of those blue Dutch plates. Gorgeous! I will be back when I've made something!
Hugs, Alison xx

June said...

Hels this is magnificent. I love your canvas artwork its truly beautiful. I will try and get one made in blue too
Hugs June xxx

Carol said...

wow love it

TFS
:)

Rainbow Lady said...

Hi Hels, back from my surgery at last with this little blue arch for you. First of your challenges this year, so Happy New Year Thanks for looking Love Cynthia x

crafty creations said...

A beautiful canvas Hels - will be back with my piece later

Joy said...

Gorgeous canvas Hels Love the colour blue and those flowers look amazing. I need some of that sticky back canvas! xx

Craftyideas said...

Love your canvas Hels it is stunning xx

Heather Robinson said...

What an absolutely gorgeous canvas. It is so serene and lovely. My blue piece is on my blog. Thanks for having a look.

crafty creations said...

Hi hels

i've completed my piece now

You can see it here

Thanks for looking

Unknown said...

Great Canvas Hels, Great Challenge ... My Blue Eyes are here!

Dan said...

I love the colours on this, it reminds me of Delft china!

Andrea said...

this is stunning Hels and are they new stamps ??? blue is a great colour x

Minxy said...

Me thinks you need to get to a CCCA meeting asap as there is just no stopping you ATM, another fab creation xx

{BTW if you hadn't guessed CCCA = Canvas Crazy Crafters Anonymous lol}

Shazza said...

just beautiful Hels, wish I could make things like this. Love the colours and stamps you have used and I think I need some of that sticky back canvas stuff.
hugs
x

Craftyideas said...

Have made a blue gothic arch and its on my blog.

voodoo vixen said...

Your canvas is stunning Hels, like a china plate.

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh my, I am blown away by the entries this week....amazing, stunning, beautiful, gorgeous....the list is endless....and thank you for your lovely comments too...esp Minxy, yes, I need therapy love, I seem to dream canvas all the time now LOL Hugs and thank you everyone for joining in ... oh and Andrea.....hmmmm, yes, there may be a few newbies in the stash !! LOL

DMG said...

This is my first time here, and i tried something new with stamps for this challenge.

having a {me} day said...

Your canvas is beautiful! I just had to join in with my turquoise blue which you can see here
Thank you for looking.
Kat
having a {me} day

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks for joining in - love your artwork x

Calv said...

Beautiful Hels, this is so cool! :)

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW so beautiful !!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh that's gorgeous Hels :) I've been away so not done the last couple of weeks. I'll try to do this one
Anne xx

Shazza said...

Did I already say that I just love this canvas Hels- well I am saying it again, I LOVE IT!!!!
Here is my entry

hugs
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Hels,
I've made a blue birthday card for my dad, and it's on my blog.
Hugs, alison xx

shaz earl said...

Stunning canva Hels have joined in this week xx

http://craftylittleblogger.blogspot.com/2009/01/blue-frames.html

TonyaA said...

Oh my...just Fabulous!

Hels Sheridan said...

thanks everyone for your lovely entries, they are all beautiful xx

Hazel said...

I know I'm late, but there's a card from me here

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails