Good Morning Stampers,
I will start by saying thank you to you all for joining in last week - I saw some heavenly black and gold designs, all very different and all very gorgeous :O))
You may have noticed that The Sunday Stamper has a featured challenge Blog today! The theme for the Sunday Stamper this week is Green - you may have already guessed that one LOL However, to be a little bit different, I am featuring the Objet D'Art challenge which can be found here.
As usual, all you need to do to join in with the Sunday Stamper is make a piece of artwork that incorporates the colour green and includes some stamping too. I have made my piece but also it is going towards the Objet D'Art challenge which is why I have featured this challenge today. It would be fab if you fancied doing this too as I know that a lot of you enjoy altering things but please don't think you have to - you can just make a Sunday Stamper piece as normal :O)) The main element of the Objet D'Art challenge is to make an item that is altered. As this challenge runs for two weeks, I will be holding this weeks Sunday Stamper open for a fortnight too. This will give you loads more time to play too :O))
The theme on the Objet D'Art challenge, which was announced last night, is Tin. All you need to do is alter a tin, or something that is tin, or, well, anything you like as long as tin is involved LOL
I altered this tin for my entry - and made it green for my Sunday Stamper entry. It is a Tim Holtz Cropper Hopper tin and can be bought from The Artistic Stamper.
I used some of my Ten Seconds Studio (I know, I know, I am truly an addict) goodies and made a little plaque to cover the clear part of the lid. Using a few different letters made of Grungeboard and chipboard, I popped these under the metal, then I embossed over them to make them stand out.
Once this was done, I used a few tools to make patterns on the letters and then I used a cup and ball tool to make some mini "rivets" and a pointy tool to make some hand scribled doodles. To antique the metal I used my finger to apply some black acrylic paint and let this dry off, then buffed it with a soft cloth. The paint stays in the debossed bits of the patterns, making it look a bit aged.
I then moved onto inking the tin, for which I used Kuretake & Ranger alcohol inks along with some blending solution. Covering the whole tin was a bit of a mission to be honest as there are lots of curvey edgey bits that are quite difficult to get the inks into, so I clipped the application felt to a mini paperclip and applied it that way! Once the inks had dried completely I buffed over the surface of the tin with a paper towel, I don't know if you have found this but sometimes I seem to end up with little fibres from the felt sticking to the inks and I don't like that at all LOL
I used a brass brush to take off some of the inks, making circular motions on the top and sides and then sweeping along the edges. I then put some more black paint to my finger (you should see the state of my nails) and swished this over parts of the tin where the brush had been. Wiped down with a soft cloth, this gave the tin a more co-ordinating look with the metal plaque.
Finally, I added a few Tim Holtz Idea-ology bits and bobs to jazz it up a bit. Now, you are probably wondering where the stamping is! Well, I haven't had chance to do that yet cos the tin took me way longer than I planned, so I will do my stamping later on and then blog that piccie...hope I am forgiven! :O))
All that is left for me to say is have fun, get inky and messy and please remember to add a post here with a link to the place you are showing your work of art so I can come and have a look.
Thanks for looking
PS Almost forgot to say what the tin is for! You will have noticed that it says Tools on the lid...well, it is for all my TSS tools LOL Well, I have to keep them tidy after all :O))
Sunday, 11 January 2009
Good Morning Stampers,