Thursday 27 November 2008

Jolly Santa!

Good Morning,

Blimey, I finally managed to get around to blogging a card I made ages ago - yes, it is a Christmas card too!!

So far, I have managed to make the grand total of three more - I seem to have lost my Mojo, which is never a happy thing for a crafter who has a trillion cards to get ready for the festive season - I was in such a fluster earlier, I actually considered......buying some!!! Before you all start to shout at me - I have talked myself out of it and decided that little and often may just be the ticket to getting the cards made. You know what it is like though...when you have a brain full of ideas that are not Christmas based!



Anyway, this card was made for The Artistic Stamper boards for Port Sunlight. I love this image, he is so jolly and happy looking isn't he?

I prepared some plain cream cardstock by spritzing it with Gold Glimmer Mist. I then stamped the Santa and edged the card with Fired Brick Distress Ink. I next matted this onto some gold card, onto red Bazzill and gold card again... and then onto the sage coloured Bazzill cardstock which makes up the most of the card front. I bent up the edges of the cardstock to make it look a little bit shabby - I must have been going for a vintage look :O))




The little embellies around the edges are actually Fragments from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology range. I love these little clear tiles, they are so versatile and to achieve this effect, I stamped parts of some Bauble stamps - also from The Artistic Stamper - onto gold card, using gold embossing powder. I then popped the Fragments onto the bauble images and used Glossy Accents to stick them down. The beauty of using GA is that it dries completely clear so you get a clear finish. However, whoops-a-daisy, by the time morning came, the GA had changed the colour of the gold embossing to a greeny colour....yikes, it is potent stuff then...but I actually quite liked the look of it, so I left it in!




Thanks for looking - hopefully there will be a few more Christmas cards coming soon - I have some delightful little Tilda stamps to play with and I have lots of ideas for the Stitchels Snowmen - click here to see them online. I have been told that they are really easy to use for colouring in and popping onto cards as a main image - and I (of course slightly biased) love them loads!

Hels x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute image, I love it.
That is a beautiful card.

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks :O))

shaz earl said...

Lovely card Hels xx

Andrea said...

he is adorable Hels x

rene said...

it is a lovely father christmas stamp

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

like this card and even better in the flesh :) xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails