Monday 16 June 2008

My Time To Craft Challenge - Birds

Hello,

Over on the My Time To Craft Challenge blog, the theme this week is Birds.

I have had another completely sleep free night - I am not sleeping at all well at the moment so I decided to put all that time to good use!

I made a card and an ATC for this challenge as I love birds and I have some great bird stamps from The Stamp Connection.

ATC

For this ATC, I used Stampbord as a base, coloured it with Primrose and Turquoise Ancient Page inks and some Cut & Dry to blend the colours. I then used some paper towel to wipe some of the ink off the Stampbord as I wanted a slightly distressed look. I next used a metal file to take some of the edges off and also gouged into the middle of the ATC with the edge of the file to make some lines. I then took a 2" square piece of Stampbord and inked it the same way. I stamped the birds head onto it with black StaZon ink and then scratched at the Stampbord to reveal the original white colour. I then used Clear UTEE which is also from The Stamp Connection and triple thick embossed the whole piece. Whilst the powders were still molten, I inked the AirMail stamp with the Primose ink and then pushed this into the surface of the UTEE. This doesn't show up very well on the photo though, I have tried to pick it out but my camera is giving up the ghost and won't focus properly - time for a new one I think!!

I then inked up a little dotty stamp with black StaZon and randomly stamped this onto the base ATC. I inked up the sentiment which is another from The Stamp Connection and stamped this onto the ATC too. I attached the 2" piece using Glossy Accents and finally edged the whole ATC with black StaZon just to finish it off.



CARD

The card is very simple but I love this stamp and it looks perfect as it is, so all I needed to do was colour the bird and the flowers and then matt onto co-ordinating Bazzill Cardstock. I used two bird images - one for the bottom and then a 3D one to give some depth to the card. The stamps are from The Stamp Connection and are part of the Collage Elements range and as you can see, are heavenly!! The final touch for this card is the little sentiment, which is from Hero Arts, which I matted and then 3D'd onto the card.


Thanks for looking and thanks for a lovley challenge.

Hels x

14 comments:

Andrea said...

these are great Hels and I clicked on the stampbord piece and saw the air mail xx you better get your sleep pattern straight Mrs else I will need to leave you craft stuff out all night whilst you are here xx

Ann said...

Lovely card Hels xx

Ann said...

Gorgeous colours on the atc - love it too xx

Jo said...

Lovely stuff. Thanks for joining in with the challenge this week. :o) Jo x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fab work Hels - I just adore you card!

Lesley said...

Great card and atc Helen, thanks for taking part in the challenge this week xxx

made by fifi said...

both are fab - thanks for joining in this week :O)

Shazza said...

loving all your latest creations Hels, the birds, the policeman, the black & white, and lovely Poppy
All gorgeous
Shazza
x

Minxy said...

couple of fab birds made by a fab bird herself xx

Unknown said...

Sorry you not sleeping hun - I love these more than I love l'oiseau dans le jardin!!!

shaz earl said...

Great ATC & card Hels xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks everyone :O))

CraftyC said...

Hi Hels,
Loving your work, still as nice as ever. Sorry to hear your still in pain, I hope it eases soon. Got your text thanks and looking forward to Thursday!!
Clairexx

Angie C said...

Two lovely pieces Hels, the ATC is very colourful and pretty and I adore the card

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails