A few weeks ago my Mojo went on holiday and didn't even bother to send me a postcard!! Anyway, whilst it was away my good friend LindaE came to see me and brought some stash with her to get my Mojo back again. Bless her, it really worked and I have managed to finish the project I started. Now, I know this is a really lame excuse but I had used her stamps and ink pads so I just had to go and buy them for myself so I could finish it off properly :O))
Another Altered Canvas but this time I have used only Chalk Ink pads to colour the canvas. Instead of the usual mountboard I used Stampbord, which is so much lovelier to work onto and you can distress it and scratch it too, which I love doing.
I started off by colouring the whole canvas with Turquoise Chalk Ink (Colorbox) and then lightly rubbed a piece of kitchen paper over it to take off some of the excess. This gave me a little bit of a patchy effect which I rather liked. I then coloured the edges of the canvas with Peony Chalk Ink (also Colorbox). To do the blending I used Cut & Dry foam. I now have one of those lovely applicator tools which makes blending so much easier and my fingers aren't permanently stained too!!
I set the canvas to one side and then coloured all the Stampbord squares using the chalk inks and the blending tool. I again rubbed kitchen towel over the inky surface and then used a metal file to distress the edges. All the stamping was done using black StaZon. The stamps are from The Stamp Bug, Hampton Art, Tim Holtz, Crafty Individuals and Stampendous.
Once I had done the stamping, I then turned to my favest new product, which is UTEE, from the Stamp Connection. I covered the Stampbord with clear embossing ink and then sprinkled clear UTEE all over the square and heated. Whilst it was still hot, I re-dipped it into more UTEE and then re-heated. I repeated this process so I had three layers on the square and then whilst it was still hot, I pressed a stamp into it. This gives a lovely debossed effect. Oh, and before I did the stamping into the UTEE, I inked with black StaZon ink.
Once all the squares were UTEE'd, I then used a little dotty stamp (StampBug) and stamped this with black StaZon randomly over the canvas. This little stamp doesn't look much when it is sitting there but once stamped it really adds depth to any project.
I used the paintbrush and pencils stamp with black StaZon to make a border on all of the edges of the canvas and then stuck all the squares to the canvas using Glossy Accents as an adhesive.
I am rather chuffed with the results of this project - I love the colours and what a fab excuse to "have" to buy new stash.
Thank you Linda for getting me out of my rut and thank you for looking :O))
Tuesday, 17 June 2008