Tilda has gotten beady this evening in honour of the Magnolia Weekly Challenge theme, which is ....er...beads!!
Now, I haven't got many beads, infact, I only have a few really naff ones that came with a cheapy pack of cards donkey's years ago. So, what was I to do? I have become very fond of these Tilda stamps and I really wanted the excuse to play....so....I rummaged in my jewellry box and found an old bracelet that I hadn't worn for ages. Guess what comes next? Well, armed with a pair of pliers, I took off all the beads and dangly bits from the bracelet and hey presto! I had just what I needed.
The next problem was that the beads are a lovely bluey green colour and I am limited with paper supplies, so after yet more rummaging, I found some offcuts of the Addison range from K&Co. Perfect!! The colours matched the beads ... result! :O))
So, the first thing I did was stamp Tilda holding a flower using black StaZon ink. I then used Adirondack inkpads with a waterbrush and painted her in. To achieve the right tone of colour, I mixed Denim and Lettuce together and got a really nice turquoise, I shall have to remember that one!
The next thing I did was to rummage again for some Bazzill that matched the paper - phew, I have got a lovley stash of Bazzill so that was easy! I matted some of the papers onto the Bazzill and then stuck them to an A5 card.
I matted Tilda onto some of the Bazzill and then made holes using a pokey tool and clipped the beads thru the holes using the jump rings they were originally on. I then used some of the stickers from the Addison range and made the sentiment, matted this onto Bazzill and then popped this onto the card.
Finally, I added some Grand Adhesion flowers, curling the petals to add a little definition to the card and edged all around the card with Chalk Ink.
This really was a challenge card for me and I really enjoyed making it.
Thanks for looking!
Monday, 19 May 2008