Thursday 1 May 2008

Massive Giant Huge.....Tag!!

Evening!

I have been working for the past seven days....1, 2, 3, awwwwww.....so not really had chance to come on and play with my Blog. Now I have five days off and I am sooooo excited cos on Saturday I am meeting up with some friends for a workshop and a little bit of stash "browsing" (ahem) and then a meal.....dilemma time, do I spend my £ on stash at the shop or food at the pub? Answers on a postcard please !!!

Anyways, I have a couple of things to Blog that I have made for my mate Ann who celebrated her birthday yesterday.

I made a huge tag, whoops, I forgot to measure it before I sent it but I think it must be about 5" x 8" or thereabouts and I made a card to match too.



TAG



I started by cutting a piece of cream cardstock and making it tag shaped. I then painted Old Paper Cracklepaint on to parts of the tag and then letting this dry. Once dried, I used Scattered Straw and Pine Needles Distress Inks, applied with good old Cut & Dry foam, and then spritzed & flicked with water to make it look splotchy. I then got cracking with the stamping, using Tim Holtz Collection stamps and making a raised mat for the words. I added Grungeboard hinges, which had been inked with Pine Needles and then rubbed gold Krylon over them using my finger, to give them a gilded look. I added the heart, crown and arrow to the tag, using the same method and distressed the edges of the tag and ran gold Krylon around them to finish the tag off.



CARD

I made the card in more or less the same way as the tag but I made the main feature a little larger and matted on gold satin card. I also used a mask for the clock as I wanted to add the words to this main piece. Again, the same inks and paints and stamps were used.




Thanks for looking!

Hels x

12 comments:

Joy said...

Fabulous! Ann will have loved it xx

Andrea said...

they are super duper Hels, love the colours and can not wait until tomorrow xxx

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous - colours are amazing - I am loving these more than I love having a Friday off work with nothing else to do other than craft XXXX

Linda said...

Love these two to ickle tiny pieces Hels, the colours are stunning hun :)

Kazza said...

lovely Hels :O)

p.s spend your cash at the pub you can use a CC for stash :O)

Angie C said...

These are gorgeous Hels and I bet Ann loved them both.

Have to agree with Kazza, use your cc for stash LOL. Have a great time

craftyrachel said...

Great tag!!!

I spotted the grungeboard hinges right away. I just sent a page of them to Ruby Claire. I have yet to play with the grungeboard, but now I just might be inspired.

Wonderful job. Yay, Hels!

Wacky Jacky said...

Gorgeous tag and card and I am sure Ann loved them both!! Have a great 'meet' today!!

Dawn said...

Stunning and that green colour is beautiful, love the stamps and the wee heart.

Melissia said...

These are beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Hel's...I really love the colors...keep up the fabulous work, one of these day's I'll actually have time to join you for a challenge...maybe LOL

Ann said...

Both the card & tag are stunning & photo's just don't do them justice - I LOVE THEM!!!!Thank you Hels xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails