Saturday 10 May 2008

Holding Hands

Hello,

I have been asked by a colleague to make a card for friends of his who are celebrating an anniversary. I am not really very good at this type of card because I haven't got any stamps that have this greeting! So, I decided to use one of my favest stamps from PaperBag Studios. This is such a lovley stamp and the sentiment on it is so sweet too.



I firstly stamped the image in black StaZon onto cream cardstock. I then made a mask for the whole stamp and popped this over the original image. I then used Cut & Dry foam to blend Dusty Concord Distress Ink around the edges of the card. Next. I cut the mask down so it was just the hands and the flower and placed this over that part of the image. I used more Cut & Dry to blend Scattered Straw Distress Ink over the remaining part of the image.

To add a little colour to the coat sleeves, I used a waterbrush and painted on pink and then blue inks. I then added a dash of orange to the flower.

Matted onto silver satin card and then onto a piece of the Olde World stack from DCWV I then added this to the card.

The little message is from DoCrafts and was matted onto more of the DCWV paper.

Thanks for looking

Hels x

12 comments:

Minxy said...

Fabby card hun, love that stamp xx

Rosie said...

What better way to say 'I (still) love you'?? I think you've made a gorgeous card Hels! WTG!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks Minxy and Rosie!! x

Andrea said...

I think its a great card for an Anniversary, I think its fab x

Ann said...

Love the stamp you've used Hels, it's perfect!! Gorgeous card!! xxx

CraftyC said...

Its beautiful Hels, I'm sure they will love it!
Clairexx

SueHart said...

Beautiful, Hels. Love the stamp!! xx

Shazza said...

a gorgeous card Hles, that is one of my fave stamps too :0)
Shazza
x

Sue said...

It's a beautiful card and a lovely stamp. Great anniversary card x

Angie C said...

You are so clever Hels, what a great stamp to use for an Anniversary. Gorgeous card :-)

Unknown said...

Fab card Hele - I love that stamp - I love this card more than I love soaking in a nice hot bath after a 10 mile walk XXX

Joy said...

Than t stamp is fantastic and so is your card I reckon they'll be delighted with it xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails