I have done a little bit of crafting today...I am really suffering with my pain though so I haven't really got as much done as I would have liked. However, I did finally get another canvas altered, which I really loved making as I love the colours and subject I used :O))
I am taking part in a "canvas swap" on my Forum and I have altered this canvas for a certain person - and I know she likes pink and black and skulls....so what a brill excuse to use my new skull papers and even better....my dear friend Andrea has given me the Tim Holtz Anthology unmounted sheet! I am sooo over the moon because I love these stamps and I have been so wanting the skull stamp for so long....so I will say a HUGE thank you to Andrea, you are such a fabby friend and I am sooooo happy!! :O))
For this project I used an 8" x 8" canvas that was already primed with Gesso. I cut 12 mountboard squares 1 1/2" in size and one 3" square piece. I painted Worn Lipstick Cracklepaint onto four of the pieces and partly onto the larger square and then parts of the canvas itself and set these aside to dry. Then I covered the other pieces with sections of the patterned papers which are from Rusty Pickle and are in their new Princess Pirate range. I loooove these papers especially as they are all double sided so it feels like I get twice the value :O))
Once the papers were fixed to the mountboard squares, I set these aside to dry off as I used Glossy Accents as an adhesive. I find that this is the best glue to use on this type of project as DS tape can sometimes be affected by the temperature of the room that the canvas will be hanging in. Next I took the now dried canvas and blended Worn Lipstick and Black Soot Distress Inks onto it. I gave it a good covering and then let it dry off properly.
I used the skull stamp onto a couple of the papered squares and then added little embellishments to the other pieces of papered mountboard. I also used a bottlecap with a piece of the paper fixed into the centre of it and covered with Glossy Accents.
The centrepiece mountboard was then covered with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and I then stamped the skull image in black StaZon. I then used Ultra Thick Embossing Powder over it to make it nice and glossy and whilst the embossing powder was still molted, I sprinkled silver powder over the edges.
Once the canvas was dry, I stamped the Flourish onto it, using black StaZon ink. I was ultra careful to make sure I got a good impression so I actually laid the stamp on its back and pressed the canvas onto it.
I assembled the pieces together and then stuck them to the canvas using Glossy Accents.
I hope that my "swapee" likes this canvas :O)) Who'd think that the first time I saw these "new" stamps I hated the skull and said I would never use it!! Now try and stop me!!
Thanks for looking!
Tuesday, 6 May 2008