Here is another project that I made over the festive season. I found some old tags that we looking a bit plain, so I decided to alter them!
I started off by choosing a stamp and embossed it straight onto the bare tag. I used Goss Boss clear ink and clear embossing powder. This gave a see through image on the tag. I then used Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers to cover each tag, smudging in different colours using my fingers and a near dry baby wipe. Once the paint was dry, I damped a bit of paper towel and rubbed this over the stamped image. The shiney embossed image does not hold the paint, so it wiped off and left a "resist" image.
I repeated this process for all the fronts and then backs of the tags. The words and phrases are made in the same way on extra pieces of card and then I had stuck them to the tags using 3D foam.
I finally scruffed up the edges of the tags with a paper distresser and then stapled some ribbons to the sides.
Thanks for looking
Thursday, 3 January 2008
Posted by Hels Sheridan at 20:52