Sunday, 6 January 2008

First Designs for the Artistic Stamper

Hi peeps

I have recently joined the "Design Team" for the Artistic Stamper. The Artistic Stamper is a store that designs, makes and sells wonderful rubberstamps, along with KlingOn and lots of lovely stash :O))

I have started off by making a selection of things such as ATCs, Plaques, Cards and a mini tag book.

All the stamps I have used are from Jennie at the Artistic Stamper, along with a lot of the embellishments. I have used inks from my stash and a couple of bits of paper but the majority of the projects have been made purely using AS things.

ATCs



For these ATCs I wanted to make a series of three as I have these lovely Gibson Girls stamps to play with. I used Milled Lavendar and Dusty Concord Distress Inks to blend the colours onto the mountboard. I then added a couple of drops of Dusty Concord Re-inker to a mini mister and then spritzed the ATCs with it. This has given me a really nice mottled effect. I stamped the ladies using Versafine Imperial Purple ink and used a spare piece of card to add the script stamp to - this I then tore into pieces to fit on the edges of the ATCs. Finally, I used a Jnr Dymo to get the words. The Dymo tape is lilac in colour, so I sanded it, distressed it with Dusty Concord and then rubbed a little silver Krylon over it using my finger.




For these two ATCs I wanted to achieve a bit of a distressed look. Jennie had sent me some lovely chipboard flowers and I decided to grunge one up a bit to see how it looked. I flicked the edges of the petals with my thumb nail and then carefully made the edges flick upwards. I then used Cranberry Adirondack Dabber to paint on the colour. Once this was dry, I used a Gold Dabber to add the accent. I used two little buttons in the middle of the flower, which I painted with gold Krylon to match them in. I then used the Cranberry dabber to make a colourwash for the ATC blank. Once this was dry, I then colourwashed gold over the top of it and then took a piece of sandpaper to it to make it more distressed. Using a Black StazOn pad, I stamped the lady and the word images and then attached the flower using glossy accents.

The second ATC is definitely my favourite! I love the brown colours I achieved, using Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain Distress Inks and then used Walnut Stain to achieve the stamped images and also made a little bit of distressed card to match, stamping the script over it so I had something to co-ordinate and add to the edges of the ATC. Using the same piece of card, I stamped the Butterfly, cut it out and then 3D it to the ATC. I used a gold Krylon for the edging of this ATC.

Oriental Plate - Red


I love anything Oriental (especially the food!!:O)) For this "plaque" I used Antique Linen and Fired Brick Distress Inks to cover the board. I used Gold Glimmer Mists to spritz the board to make it sparkle a little. Then I used Aged Mahogany to stamp an oriental script stamp for the background. I used an extra piece of card that I had also distressed in these colours for the stamping of the figure. Once I had stamped this, I took a tiny drop of Re-inker in Fired Brick and painted the feathers of the kimono. I cut the figure out and curved the card so it has a 3D look to it. The twill across the bottom of the plaque is actually printed twill. I didn't want to use the printed side, so I flipped it over and then dabbed Fired Brick onto it. I then used the Chinese Script stamp and black StazOn to make my own design. The little golden flower that is attached to the twill is from a Jamboree pack from Jennie. this was actually silver, so I used good old Krylon to change the colour of it. I used a cute little butterfly stamp to stamp all around the edges in black StazOn. I then stamped the butterflies repeatedly on the extra card and cut around them. I then layered them on 3D to the outside edges. The bamboo domino was lovely to use as I have not used these before. I simply sanded it and then rubbed Fired Brick ink over it. I used a StazOn to stamp the butterflies onto this and then once it was dry I used Glossy Accents on the butterflies. I attached the figure cut out to the plaque using silicone glue and then used GA on the ribbons to give it more definition. The final touch is gold Krylon lightly swished around the edges of the plaque.

I have to admit that this is my favourite thing I have made thus far. I have some other images to upload but have run out of time for this evening, so shall try to pop them here tomorrow.

As ever, thanks for looking and also a special thank you to Jennie for asking me to be on her team and for providing all this fabulous stash to play with!

Hels x

8 comments:

Ann said...

WOW!!!! All stunning Hels....I ordered the Gibson girls stamps, so when they come I will know what to do with them :-)

The Oriental stamps are really gorgeous, I love what you've done with them - fabulous, well done!!!
Jennie will be so proud of you!!!

Ann-R xxx

jennieoneinamillion said...

:) I am so lucky to have you on my DT!
Jennie x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wonderful work Hels - those Gibson lady images have joined my ever growing wish list!

shazzapat said...

WOW and double WOW!
Hels, you never fail to amaze me, Jennie must be hugging herself with glee at getting you on her team. Love all the ATCS
x

Alison said...

I love the oriental plate, it's stunning. Jennie must be so pleased to have you on the team. Well done xxx

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning Hels, particularly like `beauty'.

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous work Hels, I would say that was 10 hours well spent!
xx

Linda_E said...

Gorgeous Hels - You clever ol' thing you XXX

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails