Wednesday 14 November 2007

Autumn Scrapbooking Challenge

Hiya Peeps,

I have finally got round to making the scrapbooking Challenge that is set monthly on Craft Swap Forum. The theme was "Autumn" and after I had searched high and low for a photo that was appropriate, I sent my hubby out, armed with his camera, to capture some "Autumny" piccies for me.




I was delighted with all the photo's that he took....he is a very good photographer! I just had to use these three piccies though. The Avenue picture perfectly sums up the colours of Autumn and then those little squirrels....oh how sweet they are, and to get one that has a conker in his mouth not only once but twice...what a Godsend!



I used a sheet of Bazzill cardstock as the base for my page. I then cut some rectangles of patterned paper from the Fusion range by Basic Grey. On the off cuts of the paper, I stamped the leaf stamp (PSX) and then set to cutting the leaves out. I left some with the stalks and some without to make them look more realistic.




Once I had matted the rectangles to the Bazzill, I matted the photo's onto some co-ordinating Bazzill and then used silicone glue to attach the leaves, curling each one slightly so that they are raised off the page. I wanted to achieve the look that the leaves were falling gracefully from the trees.




Finally, I edged the papers and photo's with a Burnt Sienna ChalkInk and then made a couple of titles (using the same colour Bazzill as the photo mats) using my alphabet stamp by Stamps Away, edging these bits of card with the ink too.

I am really chuffed with the overall look of the page. I don't do enough scrapping so it was nice to spend an hour or two on this project.

Thanks for looking....Hels x

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Fab page Helen - my favourite colours!! Thanks for doing the challenge!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your DH - excellent photos - which really go towards making this a special Autumn page. What a lovely 'leaf' stamp! Cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails