I run a swap on CraftSwap Forum that usually swaps tags or cards. Octobers theme is, as usual, rubberstamped style and here are my five tags for the swap.
The Rubber Nutters is an open group and anybody can enter the swap so long as the creations are predominantly using rubber stamping.
Tag 1 is made using Distress Inkpads in Antique Linen and Fired Brick. I have used Penny Black, PSX, Hampton Art and Catslife Press stamps and have used a spritz of water to give a mottled effect to the background. I stamped the message sentiment onto a piece of mountboard that I had previously distressed with the inks. The Butterfly is one of my old favourites and once I had stamped the image, I dusted Perfect Pearls over the top of the still wet ink to give the butterfly a dusty look.
Tag 2 is made using the same technique of using (Antique Linen and Fired Brick) Distress Inks and spritzed water. The stamps are by Tim Holtz Collection (2, PaperArtsy and a lovley border stamp I got from eBay USA...so am not sure the maker. I also used DooDads to get the little cards and covered them with Glossy Accents. The tiny hand image is by PaperArtsy and I thought it was a good pun to use with the "hand" of playing cards! The reverse side of the tag has a torn piece of paper from the Tim Holtz collection and the stamped images are the new Tim Holtz Collection unmounted plate "Spills and Splatters"..which I love!
This tag was made again using Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. I used PaperArtsy stamps from the Eclectic range plates 1 and 2. I did the same technique with the inks and water but streaked a gold Dabber across the tag to add a little sparkle...and then I stamped the images. I stamped "Alternative" onto a piece of card and attached it with 3d foam to add a bit of dimension to the tag.
Using Vintage Photo Distress ink for the background of the tag and then stamping in Walnut Stain, I used stamps by Tim Holtz and added DooDads, a few extra pieces of mountboard for a bit of definition and also I nabbed a bottle top from a lager bottle and once I had stamped the image I wanted, I popped it into the bottle top, covered this with Glossy Accents and left it to dry completely. Once it was dry I fixed it to the tag using more Glossy Accents. I used the Flourish stamp to create a little swirly background and finished with some extra Glossy Accents.
For my final tag, I used Black Distress ink and lightly smudged this over the tag. I used stamps by Penny Black and yes! my old favourite the Brush butterfly has another outing! :o)) I kept this tag simple with just the two colours and the simple sentiments. The butterfly has a body made from Diamond Black Stickles...this just adds a little sparkle to the finish.
Friday, 19 October 2007