Friday 22 April 2016

Carte Blanche to Box Clever...

...Cor blimey and thrice!!!  Two blog posts in a week!!!  I know, I know, whatever next eh?    I have been playing again for the Creative Carte Blanche theme for April, which is Cigar Boxes.  However, I have had a lot of feedback telling me that us poor UK peeps are struggling to get hold of cigar boxes.  So, I had a little think and decided that whilst a cigar box is preferable (it is the theme after all) I would bend the rules slightly and alter a papier mache box instead.  *that also means if I bend the rules, so can you ;O)*



I have a gorgeous paper pad from ScrapBerry's that has been whispering to me for a few weeks now, it has!  It's been positively yowling to be chopped up you know... and who am I do disregard such a request?  The papers are called Photo Archive and are a 6" x 6" pack... full of lovely muted tones and greens (I have saved those for another project, I do love my greens... altho not kale or any other healthy thing like that of course!)  Armed with a 4" square papier mache box (also ScrapBerry's) I set about the alteration.  Starting with a smidge of Vintage Photo DI all around the edges of the box and then cutting into the papers to make them fit... sanding the edges of the papers, scruffing them up a bit and then popping a bit more Vintage Photo onto them, a smidge of glue and voila, box covered.  Seriously this took about 15 minutes (I love a quicky I do!)


Now to decorate it.  I had intended to go down the old steampunk route and bung loads of cogs and screws and stuff on it.... and then I veered off into a floral fantasy (I spend half my life in a floral fantasy you know) so I just had to use mulberry roses... also from ScrapBerry's - in actual fact, everything on this project is from ScrapBerry's!!!   Anyways, I added smidges of Vintage Photo to the flowers to tone them in a bit, stuck on a pearly swirly, added a twist of waxed linen thread, popped the metal "special" plack, plaq, pl... um, thingy onto glue gel to raise it up and then added the diddy little bottle cap with the resin image inside *how cute are these!!!*   A couple of resin blooms finished my little box and it is now ready and waiting for a few special trinkets to find their way into it *am thinking secret stash of choccy*



That's all from me for today... afore I go I will just let you know that I will be in Preston tomorrow, demoing and Inspirations, with my old mate Pauline -the pair of us, under one roof, demoing... what have they let themselves in for!!!  So, if you are at a loose end, fancy a natter and a watch of me getting down and dirty with some Gelatos, please do pop by... entry is free and doors open at 10am.    Thanks for looking and have a grand weekend!  TTFN

Hels x

8 comments:

Redanne said...

Your altered paper mache box is really beautiful Hels - loving those papers and also the swirly pearls!

I have no doubt that you and the lovely Pauline will just have a blast tommorrow!

Hugs, Anne xx

Rea' said...

Hi Hels ! Such a pretty box . Your post are always so delightful ... love how you share the experience. LOL ... yes those papers and products DO CALL to US at times :)

Candy C said...

So lovely, Hels!

Joanne said...

I love your creations so much. Coming to see see you darlin, just be patient. LOL!! X

Theresa said...

impressed tha it looks so pristine and no grungy effects, hehehe. hugs xx

Craftychris said...

Absolutely gorgeous! xxx

Annette Green said...

Gorgeous box once again Hels! You're an ambitious girl!

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your efforts in this It is very interesting Blog ...
I believe there are many people who feel like I read this article!
I hope you continue to have articles like this to share with everyone!
lonline gambling

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails