Friday 4 September 2015

Blink....

....and you miss it!!!   Miss what???  Time!!! That's what!!!  I cannot believe that I haven't blogged for over a month!!!  How very remiss!!!  Right, that is enough with the exclamation marks and time for me to offer sincere apologies for neglecting my poor old blog and you lovely dear readers.  I have a few reasons... firstly, as I mentioned a few weeks (ok, months) ago, my Alf hasn't been very well and whilst the medication he was taking was helping, the *whispers* v e t advised that surgery would be the best for him.  So, he went ahead and his left thyroid gland removed three weeks ago.  I am pleased to report that he seems to be back to normal - actually, the moment I opened his box after bringing home from his surgery, he was like "back to normal"... he is a little soldier bless him.  He is due blood tests next week to check thyroid levels and all being well, they will come back normal.



My other excuse... well, apart from still not being completely 100% in myself (I am kind of used to it now and am learning to cope and get on with things normally) my chuffing Mojo went and chuffed off... I know he has gone walkabout in the past... but never for this long!!!  I was looking back through my photo's on the laptop earlier and noted that it actually beetled off around April time!!!  Anyways, I have been staring whistfully into the Room of Stash every morning in the vain hope that the old git Mojo would have come home... but nope, no sign of him.  Until this morning!!!  Oh yesh, I awoke early and as I was passing by the Room of Stash I glanced in and spotted a nearly finished project that I taught at Crafty Corner at the beginning of July.  And just behind said project was the top of Mojo's ears poking out!  So, I grabbed him, chained him to my desk, whacked a couple of nails through his ears for goodly measure and set about finishing off a few projects!


I actually made a whole project too.. and guess what?  I just scheduled it as the Sunday Stamper for next week!  I did have a bit of fun.. ok, a lot of fun... making it!  In the meantime I am showing you my now finished project from my Around the Block class.  And funnily enough, I am back at Crafty Corner again tomorrow!  This piece is a 3 x 4 x 2 block of wood, painted, inked, stamped and generally altered.... I do love playing with blocks of wood you know... I want to do a whole set of wooden blocks in different shapes and sizes to make my own little street... see, Mojo is most deffo back in the Room of Stash!  HURRAH!  I was really worried, I will admit, that he had gone forever and I was going to be left just staring at ink and paper and stamps and wondering what happened!


Anyways, I shall away... tis nearly bedtime as I am up at stoopid o'clock for my trip up North... thanks for looking... hope you are all keeping well and having lots of inky fun!  TTFN

Hels x



12 comments:

Joanne said...

Cannot say how lovely it is to see you back in your craft room. These creations don't show any lost mojo but the wonderful talent that you let escape for our pleasure as well as your own. Have fun this weekend with the lucky crafters that come to join you. Xxx

Unknown said...

Well I must say your mojo has come back with a bang, what a beautiful piece you have made, just adore that and hope tomorrow goes well and catch up with you Sunday or Monday xx

Theresa said...

so glad your mojo is back. was wondering what had happened as i kept looking at your blog in vain. looking forward to sunday stamper, hugs xx
oh and these blocks are ace xx

sarascloset said...

I cannot recall when I've had such a good laugh as I just had reading your blog. Too Funny!!! Happy your little furry one is doing better and back to hisself. Hope you are back to youself! But mojo is definitely been back in full force...you've nothing to worry about! This is INSPIRING!!!

Wheely Bad said...

Hi Hels

Lovely to have you back, think Mr Mojo must just have been recharging his batteries as he's a much more powerful mojo than most of us have! A lovely idea though due to lack of space I have a storage only rule- the rule is if I want to decorate it, it must be storage! Glad your Alfie is on the mend too.

I've missed seeing your posts, so much beauty and colour.

Crafty hugs and a 6 pack of CaffPow for Mr Mojo so he can keep up with you for a while yet...

Hugs, T x

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels nice to see you back with mojo in tow too. Hope Alfie is feeling a lot better too. Great project, love the colours and wonderful butterfly. X

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Glad to hear surgery went well. Nice to have you back. I love your talent.

http://sunflowers-dragonflies.ca/blog

Crafting Queen said...

Sending purrs and hugs to Alfie. Love your project. Skipper and Anesha

Jackie T said...

Wow Hels this is stunning. It is good to see you back. Take care. Hugs Jackie

samantha wade said...

Hi, so good to have you back.
So pleased about Alfie and he is improving, they are a worry.
Your latest project is gorgeous, you are to talented to lose your mojo, just life getting in the way.
Take Care, x Sam

Unknown said...

You have been missed,I have been like a craft stalker checking your blog nearly every day to see if you were back! Good to hear that things are looking up at crafty towers.Hope that you and Alfie will both be on top form soon.Your work as always fab.Big hugs.Sue Balawajder

Unknown said...

I think your Mr. Mojo and my Mr. Mojo took a walkabout together this summer!! But I'm so glad that he returned to you, Hels! This block is lovely and lively!! Love those butterflies--Did Mr. Mojo bring those to you to say 'sorry'?! :) :) Hoping your darling Alf is feeling better!! XOXO-Shari

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails