Tuesday 9 June 2015

The Closest Thing to Heaven...

...Cor blimey and thrice! I have finally sussed out how to do a bloggy thing on my tablet! Whether this will actually post is another question but I shall waffle on a but and see what happens.  If you don't get to read said waffle, I am still a dunderhead and haven't really sussed it at all 😉 If you do, however, I am a teckernical genius!

So here we are in Tunisia. A place I've never really fancied because I always had a preconception it'd be dirty or something... actually, it is a bit dirty out side of the hotel complex, mainly dusty... I'll let them off tho as it is so hot here, I wouldn't want to be pushing a broom down the street either!

The hotel is magnificent! I highly recommend it; couples only, all inclusive, friendly staff and the food... ohlalaaa, the food! If you can't go an hour and a half without eating this is the place to stay. If, like me, your relationship with food is somewhat fraught, this is the place to stay too! So much choice, all piping hot or nicely chilled,  depending on what it is... no one wants hot lettuce do they *teehee*  Yesterday was Day 1 of our holibobs, we did the obligatory "welcome meeting" which was actually pleasant and we learnt lots of stuff... then we went for a mooch to suss out where everything is and such like. We soon sussed out that actually, you could eat from dawn til dusk if you wanted... so I think I shall be exercising a little self control... otherwise I will be coming home with, um, excess flabbage!

Last night, after we'd eaten dinner... a Mexican night in the restaurant but no worry if you don't like Mexican food, there was plenty else to choose from, we repaired to the Courtyard where entertainment was laid on. A really good singer with a guitar and... acrobats! Those blokes were nutters... but incredibly good! Anyway, being as I'm on me holibobs I decided a Pina Colada was the drink of choice! Cor! Blimey! Strong! So I had a second one to make sure it was that strong... yup... strong!  Because of the strength of said cocktails, I decided to try a white rhum *their own brand Bacardi* and see if that was any weaker. Um. Nope. *hic*  After the acrobats had done their acrobatics, Mr Singing With A Guitar came back on and struck up Mustang Sally. Around the same time we decided to repair to our room which needs a lift to get there,  especially after several large drinkypoos. As we were waiting for the lift to arrive it got to the chorus bit of Mustang Sally. Of course it would've been impossible for me now to sing "ride, Sally ride"... well everyone would've done it right? What I'd not realised was there was a couple standing behind us also waiting for the lift. Oops... well, it was then only natural that I tell them "I only sang out of tune because you'd be jealous of my angelic voice if I sang properly"  Mrs I'm Sucking A Lemon wasn't impressed at all... so today I'm keeping me nut daaarn, don't want to bump into them again lol

I shall away now... think there may be some food on offer somewhere and it'd be rude not to try it 😉  Thanks for looking... have a goodly day!  TTFN

Hels x

25 comments:

Joanne said...

Brilliant post, it made me laugh. It would have been such a treat to see - and hear - you after all that booze. Can't keep a smiley person down eh?
Xx

Unknown said...

Can't stop laughing, would love to have been next to you at the lift as my voice is "charming" too!!! From your photos are you sure you aren't in Whitby or Skeggie ??? :0) It looks brill have a great time.Big hugs Sue Balawajder

Jackie T said...

It looks fantastic. Enjoy your time there. Have a drink for me. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

What a lovely description of your holiday home and your voice, I have heard your voice and enough said lol glad the holiday is everything you could of wanted, lots love xx

whyducks said...

Lol how funny your singing episode must have been, oh why didn't Grim record it! It would have been a youtube hit! Have fun Hels And Grim xx

Redanne said...

It sounds like a fabulous place, so glad you are enjoying yourselves. I can just imagine you singing outside the lift now... I wouldn't worry about Mrs Lemon, she probably doesn't understand someone having a great time! Hugs, Anne xx

rachel said...

sounds fab to me hels - I hope you're giving it laldee once more this evening! Lol!!!! Wouldn't want to let mrs sucking a lemon down now eh???? Hugs rachel x

Unknown said...

Hehehe... you do make me chuckle Hels. You can take the girlie out of Yorkshire...but you can't take the Yorkshire out of the girlie. By heck as like...now every time I hear Mustang Sally from now on I will think of you singing "ride sally ride" whilst waiting for your lift 😂. Hels you really should write chick lits...they'd be hilarious laugh out loud novels & should sell very well. Enjoy your holibobs hunni...& come back rested...well a bit hehehe, love & huge hugs xx

Ann said...

Sounds like the petfect holiday...and as always you make me lol with your detailed description!! Enjoy & chillax.xx love n hugs..Ann-Rxxx

Wheely Bad said...

Hi Hels,

Sounds like a wonderful place... have a terrific holiday!

Hugs,

T x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, Glad you are enjoying your hols !! marvellous views, you lucky bunny.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Artyjen said...

Have a fabby time Hels ;)
xoxo Sioux

nancyd said...

Hi Hels, fab photos enjoy your holiday and more photos please.
Nancyd xx

Helen said...

Looks like you're having a very relaxing time on your holibobs, so much so, you'll never come back LOL!!!

Unknown said...



happy fahters day messages cards to share
fathers day printable ecards with messages
Happy Fathers Day 2015 quotes poems songs images wallpapers
Happy Fathers Day 2015 quotes poems songs images wallpapers

Christi Conley said...

Ohhhh how exciting!!! Have a Pina Colada for me too!!! That is if you can stomach another one :) Hehehehehe ~ Enjoy!

Rea' said...

Missing you for CC3 #31 ... but I can see you are enjoying yourself! Was a very pretty view you had ! Sounds like your Pina Coladas were rather nice ... enjoy !!
See you back at CC3 soon I hope :)

Ruby Craft said...

Rea's not the only one, I'm missed you at CC3C you too! I'll have to use my Harlequin stencil to celebrate your holiday. Glad you are having a wonderful time. When you get back maybe we can see some more pictures, they're gorgeous.

Carol said...

Having just seen the news about the shootings in Tunisia, I surely hope you are safe and didn't have to cut your holiday short... And yes, you ARE a tech genius. I have no clue how yo blog from my iPad!

Carol said...

Gosh I HOPE YOU AND HUBBY ARE SAFE and that you did enjoy your stay - take care :)

Unknown said...

Dear, dear Hels,
I know Alfie needs his cuddles and the greenhouse needs watering, but please, please, tell us that you and Grim are back safely after a wonderful holiday.
I am missing you.
Hugs, Lis xx

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Have fun in your relaxing vacation Hels.

Karen Petitt said...

Has anyone heard from Hels? Worried for her and Grim xx

Barb Cady said...

I feel the same as Karen above. Hels I am thinking about you!

Unknown said...

I keep looking here every day but still no Hels.We are missing you Hels.Hope you are OK?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails