Sunday 12 April 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 353 - Freeze Frame

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy sunny spring Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your fabulous blue makes entered into last weeks challenge.  The new theme this week is... PUT A FRAME ON IT You can interpret the challenge how you like: be it an altered frame, framework dies, stamped cartouches, a scribbled frame around the page... the choice, it be yours!   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 18th April 2015.  


I had a lovely day yesterday; I was demo-ing at Jo Channon's Let's Create in Tattershall - all things Melting Pot and Studio 490.  Thank you to Jo and Mark for having me and to Jo's Mum who always keeps me well fed and watered too :O)  And... a big thank you to all the lovely ladies and gents who came along to see me getting inky and messy.  I think we have a few new Melt Pot addicts too.  During the day I was demo-ing different Melt Pot techniques and popped together a few finished samples... my entry this week is one of them.


The base is a Studio 490 Art Part rectangle frame with an Art Part heart a-top it.  The heart was covered with Tim's Wallflower paper and then a beeswax collage over the top with a smidge of Mica to make it a bit blingy.  The frame was painted black, sanded and then Walnut Stain DI was blended over the top to make it a bit more vintage.  And because Art Parts are so robust, they will take a whole lot of distressing and beeswaxing.  I made a rose using the same papers and dipped it into beeswax to give it a lovely shabby vintage look and did the same with the sentiment which is a Studio 490 stamp (yes, it is the only stamping on the project but... it counts lol)



Much mirth and merriment here today!  A few weeks ago I got busy in the greenhouse and planted lots of seeds... all of them have poked their heads through and now it is time to "pot on"... which is what I shall be doing once I have stopped waffling here.  I keep going on about how I love this time of year... and I do... Spring is most definitely here Chez Sheridan and it is making my heart happy!  Whatever you have planned today, I hope you have a good one!  Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

21 comments:

Fuchsia said...

Happy Sunday Hels
Love the quote and the Waxiness of it very beautiful !
Ran out of time last week but off into my crafty place in a bit .
Just wanted to say thanks for putting that tune " put a ring on it in "
In my head for the day lol x
Fuchsia xxx

Unknown said...

You have a"spring" in your blog today Hels its so good that you feel so happy.Just love your frame,I will get around to trying beeswax, it looks so vintage. Hope the sun shines for your potting work.Big hugs Sue Balawajder

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Hels! The flowers in your greenhouse must be putting springtime into your spirit because this is such a wonderful spring project! Your big blossom is gorgeous and I love the waxy coating on everything! Happy Sunday, hugs :)

Joanne said...

Beeswax is so brilliant and once again your creation is just fabulous. I thought I had a Burpless come through but alas none of mine have sprouted, but those tomatoes have. I'll get more seeds next time I go out cos I plan to grow a couple outside too. X

snazzyoriginal said...

Love your waxy heart. Spring springing always leaves me feeling so much more hopeful about everything . Happy potting x

Theresa said...

this is beautiful Hels. i really need to come and see you at Wendy's. are you there sat or sun? hugs xx

Redanne said...

The beeswax flower is just stunning and I love the heart too, it is beautiful sitting on the frame. Love that quote too. Happy potting! Hugs, Anne xx

rachel said...

gorgeous make Hels - love that flower - sooooo beautiful - as for spring - well we surely had april showers today - lol! Hugs rachel x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a wonderful piece Hels. Love the flower and the sentiment...well everything really!
Here is my offering...the stamping is almost invisible but it is there!
http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/love-is-four-legged-word.html

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous creation Hels! Hugs Carole Z X

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, So glad you had a good time with Jo Channon and girlies, and your melt pot. It's such a shame that they have discontinued this fabulous tool.
I'm loving your project, I haven't tried the beeswax - yet !!!!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels I love how you have decorated this this frame everything is gorgeous. I have made a tunnel card with a frame round the outside. I hope it counts.Have a great week. Hugs Jackie
http://tinyrosecr.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/cardz-4-guyz-jungle-fun.html

Darlene said...

What a fun challenge and fabulous project! I'd love to play along ... here's my creation: http://www.darscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2015/04/forever.html

CraftYourPassion said...

What a beautifully creative piece.
Great challenge too.
Here's my creation :
https://craftybunny.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/guitaring-into-shape/
Thanks
Lisa x
P.S. Sorry as there's no Open ID I've had to comment with my challenge blog account.

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Great Challenge and special mode of participate. My project is in http://stampartpapel.com/dance-of-butterflies-frame./
Thank you for this opportunity!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Hels!! I just had to pop by and see what you've been up to and this lovely rose & heart framed creation is Gorgeous!! Love the wax dipped rose--So pretty :) Such a wonderful inspiration piece! XOXO-Shari

Jo Channon said...

Hi Hels
Love this and it looks gorgeous hung in the shop !! Lol
Brill day on Saturday and everyone has been chatting about all this melt pot since ! Looking forward to September workshop ! X

Mrs Beez said...

Absolutely love this. Those pieced papers are fabulous and the beeswax is divine. In between my marathon (spectator!) training I rustled up a little piece x

http://wp.me/s3bDgK-framed

Fuchsia said...

Talk about the last hour still can't link but have done a frame picture hope I'm on time xxxx

Fuchsia said...

http://fuchsias-craftynotions.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/dance-love-smile.html

Unknown said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
Thank for your very good article.
Cock Fight


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails