Sunday 29 March 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 351 - Fly Me To The Moon

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your great floral creations entered into last weeks challenge.  The new theme this week is... THINGS THAT FLY You can interpret the challenge how you like: add a flying thing, add the word fly ... the choice, it be yours!   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 4th April 2015.  


I've been faffing about with the new Distress Ink colours recently - having just taken delivery of Mermaid Lagoon (oh!la!la!) - anyone else got theirs yet?  You won't be disappointed if you haven't yet!   Anyways, new colours means time to see what other colours they marry up with.  And Cracked Pistachio, the January colour, works beautifully with Frayed Burlap... which just so happens to be my "go to" colour.



The background was created by spritzing Cracked Pistachio and Frayed Burlap Spray Stains and adding water to get a nice washy effect.  Once dried, I used Tim's Flourish Layering Stencil *um, yep, a fave of mine!* and blended Frayed Burlap DI over the top, just in patches, so it gives a cohesive look across the background.  I will never sicken of that butterfly - Tim's new Perspective stamp set - but I wanted him a bit smaller so I just cut into his wings, added more of the same DI's and bobbed a resin rose into the middle for his body.  He is sitting on a few paper flowers and some die cut "greenery" which didn't look right in green card, it needed to be black to drag it all together.  Also attached to the base is Tim's Lattice Mixed Media die, cut twice, cut out of its background and glue on... of course, a little bit of harlequin stamping has to find its way on there doesn't it!  And finally, the word... cut from Tim's new Alpha Thinlets.


That is all from me for today... I am away to Hessle to teach a Distress It book... lots of lovely "different" distress techniques... so it is inky time!   Thanks for looking, have a great day!  TTFN

Hels x

16 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I am still waiting for my Mermaid Lagoon !! this tag is stunning, I love the combination of colours and how you have done the background, stunning.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

I really like this Hels,have you thought about making a D.V.D or writing a book to help the much less talented of us out here??Big hugs Sue Balawajder

Joanne said...

You've done it again, produced magic. These colours are just wonderful. Got my mermaid lagoon yesterday and it matches perfectly with part of my current project. Vibrant colour. X

Annie60 said...

I love your tags makes me think I must get them new colours ,,.xx

Carole Z said...

Darn, just posted a butterfly creation, never mind will have to see what I can do! Beautiful tag, love the colours, hugs Carole Z X

Theresa said...

You love that butterfly rather a lot. It is on everything at the moment. But I must say it is a gorgeous butterfly. I got my mermaid lagoon and am itching to play.
Beautiful tag as always xx

Unknown said...

Hels I love your blog. I don't always take part but I love seeing your artwork. I may give it a go this week x

Redanne said...

Sigh... still waiting on my Mermaid Lagoon, this week I hope... I love the wonderful butterfly, this is such a beautiful tag, I really love the tine flower on the body, it is such a lovely touch and the mixed medias are just the best ever! Hugs, Anne xx

Fuchsia said...

Hi Hels would like to enter my latest card in your things that fly challenge this week but can't seem to link it on my iPad 😔.
It's been ages since I done anything decent and I have been inspired with the new butterfly stamp .

I love what you have done this week it's gorgeous xxx

Alas I think my new mermaids came Saturday and I was out so will have to pick it up at the depot tomorrow as none of my very kind neighbours took it in !

Theresa said...

me again. here to add my link if you fancy a visit......
http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/my-take-on-bokeh-and-easter.html hugs xx

Fuchsia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wheely Bad said...

Hi Hels

Such a cool tag, another body for Mr Butterfly, the resin flower adds even more interesg to the inking, stencils, die cuts... and what a wonderful name for a distress ink "mermaid lagoon" is. I'm going to get some just for that!

Have a happy, inky week

T x

Fuchsia said...

http://fuchsias-craftynotions.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/it-your-day.html

Xxxx

sarascloset said...

Love your tag! The colors are so yummy and the stamp and stencil are also favorites of mine. I think you have gotten as much use out of that stamp as I have! Here's my link:http://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/2015/03/robin-in-watercolor.html

Thanks for the challenge!

Mrs Beez said...

I'm loving all the new ink colours but haven't dared used them yet, just looking and stroking! Another fabulous tag, I love that stencil you have been using and it goes without saying the butterflies are beautiful.xx

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-3h7

sarascloset said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails