Wednesday 1 October 2014

On The Tiles...

...a few weeks ago I taught my Mixed Media Masterboard class and for a change, I actually got a class sample finished!  Oh yesh, normally, class samples get half made and then end up bunged under my desk in a bag with the idea that one day I will finish them... yep, one day!   Anyways, I loved the colours I used on this one so much I carried on when I got home and finished off the decorations.



As this is a class sample, I won't go into great detail on how I made it but I will tell you about the colours... aren't they gorgeous?  I used a mix of Cosmic Misting Ink Jade Sea and Dirty Martini Dylusions sprays and blended them together with water to get this washy effect.


The flowers were coloured with Ancient Green and Egyptian Blue Cosmic Sprays with a smidge of Black Marble Dylusions to get some metallic effect onto them.  The butterflies are coloured with Peacock Feathers DI's and painted with a waterbrush to get the blending on the wings... and the sentiment is one of Tim's original woody stamps I have in my collection.


I have had a marvellous few days!  Grim whisked me off to North Yorkshire for a few days R&R = we stayed at the most delightful hotel just outside York called The Sidings.  The rooms are all in converted Mark 1 railways coaches... and they are about 30 feet away from the East Coast Mainline... a real "trainman's holiday" - laying in bed of a morning watching high speed trains whizz past the end of the bed... cool!   Of course, it would have been very remiss of us not to visit the North Yorkshire Moors Railway... so we did!  And yet again, I didn't see Sir Nigel Gresley!!! One of these days I will get to see "her" in steam!


I am back up north again now... sitting here in me hotel room in Preston - I am here for a workshop tomorrow and a demo day on Friday at Inspirations.  If you are around on Friday it would be great to see you!  I shall away now, time for my bed!   Thanks for looking, have a goodly day!  TTFN

Hels x

14 comments:

janna'scraftingattic said...

What a great project, love the Eau de nil shades & deeper blues. Nice to finish things :-)
Glad you had a few days break , always does you good to recharge the batteries x

Lisapmac said...

Fab artwork. Glad you enjoyed your visit to North Yorkshire, I love living here xx

Kim said...

Love your project...the colors are absolutely beautiful. Loved hearing a bit about your vac...I would love to visit that beautiful part of the world someday.

Helen said...

Love the colour, that soft jade is lovely. have a great workshop.

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning Hels!

Unknown said...

Oh I would love to do this one at one of your classes. Maybe a good one for the next visit to Craftique Hessle. My favourite colours x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This project is fabulous and the colours are beautiful, and you have finished them to perfection.
So glad you managed a few days of R&R. sad about not seeing the steam engine, my Graham has fired Sir Nigel Gresley
Enjoy your workshop and demo day tomorrow.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

rachel said...

beautiful work Hels - I loved this class up in the NE. wonderful x

carol edwards said...

Gorgeous colours Hels and I love the sentiment. Glad you enjoyed your few days away. X

Redanne said...

The colours on this piece are wonderful Hels! This was my favourite project in the class I did with you and I feel quietly chuffed that I know how it all came together! Pleased to hear that you have a lovely few days away, it is such a beautiful part of our country. Hugs, Anne xx

Marleine said...


Hi Hels,
Love this project. Will have to have a go. X

Susan Battensby said...

Love the colours on this, my favourite. Your work is always inspirational. Am trying hard to get my head into trying other things as my ideas always seem to turn into cards !!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Hels! Love each little panel! So pretty and uplifting :)
XOXO-Shari T.

Mrs Beez said...

Swoon alert - love this and another class I would love to do. I had a friend who lived, temporarily, with her family in railway carriages. It was weird but fun, except for the Elsan toilet. I suspect your accommodation was bit more upmarket!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails