Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy
Sunday to you
all! Thank you all for your fabby entries to last weeks bright
challenge - it was great to see all those eye popping summer colours on display. The theme this week is colour based one... this time, USE PURPLE TONES.
You can interpret the challenge how you like: go for deep purples, add a smidge of violet, a little flash of mauve,
choice, it be yours! To
join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme AND
some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!* and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to
the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you. If you
haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or
by emailing a small res.pic to me. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 13th September 2014.
My entry this week is actually the very first page of a new "I Challenge Thee" project that Ellen and I started last Sunday during our Skype session. We have a recipe to follow and over the next few months we will be making pages and then altering covers to make a special little book. The main ingredient is Studio 490 - it has been too long since we both got our heads together and did an homage to our Wendy... My base is a bit of manila cardstock, measuring 7 x 5" (ish) and I coloured it with Milled Lavender, Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord and Tattered Rose Distress Paints... I made a nice smooshy background and then once dried, I set about adding more layers using lots of inks and stencils. All stencils used are Wendy's... and the inks are Wendy's Archivals. Starting with diamonds and Cornflower, moving on to dots and Hyacinth. I made up my own colour embossing paste - popping a couple of drops of Hyacinth and Cornflower Archival re-inker's into Wendy's white embossing paste and then spreading it thru the stencil (can't remember the name of this one) Now, the embossing paste colour is shown better on the butterfly - that was the colour I chose... and then once I had used it for the flowers, it looked tooooo pale, so I rectified that and use Hyacinth Archival to colour over the embossed flowers - I just popped the stencil back in place and inked over the top so I didn't get any overspill inky bits on the base card.
I added the wreath, inked in Fern Green Archival, adding dots and Glossy Accents and a sentiment to finish off that bit... I wasn't happy with the overall look tho, it looked bare! So I did some "second generation" stamping, using Wendy's massive script background and Watering Can Archival and randomly stamping onto the background.... ahhh, better! I added some embellies - Wendy's Embellish Your Art and some bits of ribbon and lace and stuff and that was about enough for this page. At the moment, the page is curling up - it will be glued to the next page finished and flatten out then... I made a schoolgirl error tho, I didn't punch the holes yet... ooopsies... I might have to fashion a fastening if I can't get the holes lined up properly! I won't be making that mistake again.
I am excited today! We are away to Rockingham to watch the British Touring Cars. This is the first live meeting we have been to this year and I can't wait! I need to feed my inner petrol head! As ever, I shall be cheering along and shouting GO PLATO! Thanks for looking, have a goodly day! TTFN