Sunday 17 August 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 321 - Moon Shadow

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  As ever, thank you all for the grand entries to last weeks natural challenge - it was great to see some new peeps entering too!   The theme this week is all about what you do at the start of your creation... oh yesh, this week we are looking at BACKGROUNDS. *I know the song title is a little tenuous but backgrounds are often in the shadows right?*  You can interpret the challenge how you like: make a background that is inky, painty, papery, stencilled, stamped.... the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 23rd August 2014.


 A few weeks ago, Darkroom Door released some new fabby Texture images into their range... HERE's a linky to the page showing them all.   I was super lucky and was sent four beautiful backgrounds to play with.  For my tag today, I used the new Flourish and Splatter stamps.   Starting by inking the tag with Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky DI's, I then stamped the Flourish using Stormy Sky and popped some Frosted Crystal Antiquities embossing powder over the top... heat embossed it and then stamped some of the splatters using Frayed Burlap DI.  I lightly blended more ink over the tag as the embossing powder gives a really cool resist so it intensifies the colours if you have used it already with the same colour you are re-inking... if that makes sense!!! This next photo is just the background.. the embossing doesn't show up too well on this one (yep, my great skills as a photographer... not!)

No idea why this background has a lime green look to it, on the photo it isn't like this!!


Once I had the background how I wanted it, I stamped the Darkroom Door large butterfly - isn't he grand!  I used a smidge of Wild Honey in the middle of him and then Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky DI's to colour him up.  I knew he was going to be the focal point of the tag but wasn't quite sure what else to do...so I went and had a rummage in  my dies and decided to cut a few bits of greenery and a heart... I also cut a few other bits that didn't make the tag, they can be stored safely on the massive pile of stuff lurking on my messy desk! 


I inked the heart and overstamped with the Flourish stamp, again using Stormy Sky and then added a few Chit Chat stickers for my words... and then rummaged some more and found some paper flowers... aha, the whole thing was coming together nicely now... layers of flowers, leaves and lacey bits...  Oh and the pic above shows up the Frosted Crystal powders...


And of course, where there be flowers, there should always be embellies... ok, there should always be embellies - you can never have too many right?  The little heart is an Idea-ology charm, I smudged Tumbled Glass Distress Paint over it and then dried it off... and I did the same with the Foliage for the middle of the butterfly too.  A little pearl in the middle finished the butterfly off nicely I thinks.  And there you have it.... all about the background, which is still a bit visible :O)  


I am doing a sun-dance today... and a wind-dance too.  It is the local airshow today at Sywell and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, with those two magnificent Lancasters, is doing a flypast this afternoon (not to mention the Dakota, the Red Arrows and the Blades) but... I have seen that the weather is not playing ball and it is likely the BBMF might be cancelled!  So, if you hear some distant thumping about, you will know it is me, doing a jig in the hope it will shove the bad weather away so the old ladies can fly... finger's x'd!!!    I shall leave you with the vision of my mad dancing and bid you a very goodly day!  Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

28 comments:

rachel said...

awesome tag hels. i love that butterfly to bitd xx

Gerrina said...

Hi Hels! What a great subtile BG! I was a little bit more bold on this male card: http://gerrinascreatievewereld.blogspot.nl/2014/08/man-in-het-zonnetje-men-in-sun.html
Enjoy the sunday, Gerrina

Redanne said...

I really hope the dancing works Hels, could you possibly do one for the north west too please?

Your tag is simply gorgeous, I love the subtle stamping in the bg and that butterfly is just to die for - magnificent! Hugs, Anne xx

Joanne said...

Stunning I adore the colours and that butterfly is to die for.
Our Red Arrow display was cancelled last week due to the weather but they flew in and out over our house as usual
Xx

toni said...

Oooooo! Another's beautiful tag Hels! Love your colours and the way you have mounted the butterfly over the flower. Altogether gorgeous ! X

toni said...

Don't know why I've put 'another's' . I do know it's yours ! X

Claudine said...

This is beautiful Hels, just beautiful

Ruth said...

Superb! I adore the colours you've used and the whole tag is just perfect! Ruth x

Mrs Beez said...

Another lushly lovely colour combo and, as always, a fabulous tag. I love how the colours on that butterfly and maybe I need this stamp? I hope you have recovered from your air display trauma :)

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2O7

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous tag Hels, will make a special effort this week :) Hugs Carole Z X

Helen said...

Hope the planes flew! I have painted a journal page for you!
http://stampingbyh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/my-heart-belongs-to.html

carol edwards said...

Beautiful Hels, love the butterfly and the frosted antiquities embossing powder is lovely. Hope the show went ahead, the weather today has been horrible x

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Great tag and I love the butterfly, he is beautiful. Hope you got to see the Fly Past. Take care.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, A fabulous tag, loving the background and the beautiful butterfly.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Hels ... so beautiful. I adore the colors on this butterfly. It looks like it could take flight at any moment. And your layers on this tag ... so many textures from metal to lace and paper. Amazing make -- Mary Elizabeth

Sandra said...

Fabulous tag, hope you managed to see the air display.

Here's mine
http://isthatthetime.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/moon-shadow.html

Sandra

Redanne said...

Hi Hels, I am back with my entry:
http://bollyanne.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/sunday-stamper-moon-shadow-backgrounds.html Hugs, Anne xx

Becky said...

Love your tag Hels you will find mine here got in early this week.x

http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/birthday-card.html

janna'scraftingattic said...

What a fabulous tag, again !
love all the darkroom door stuff.
resisting as i am spending toooo
much on Tim Holtz at the moment.
shhhhh , did i say that !!
seriously i love the butterfly too.
and i quite like the lime green, lol

her is my very inky stampy addition
this week, i love this technique!

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/august-challenge-inpiration-tin-foil.html

Unknown said...

Hels this is really really soft and pretty... one of the prettiest tags you have made... I LOVE it... the soft background is so very nice for a lovely compliment that wonderful BUTTERFLY... love this kind of thing...

Well I really worked hard on my background... I love it ... and maybe I will be able to go with better backgrounds... thanks for all the things you do and create...

Heres' my entry for this week..

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/08/growing-flowers-on-paper.html

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

pearshapedcrafting said...

How gorgeous! Love that background and the way you used the embossing powder.
I have really missed taking part in your Sunday challenges so - I'm back and my link is here

http://pearshapedcrafting.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/special-card.html

Chrisx

Furrbster said...

Love this card.

Here is my take on the theme :)

http://craftymanagerie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/kitty-reckoning.html

steffi said...

Another amazing tag Hels :) I'm actually daring to share one of my makes this week - here : http://steamfairiecraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-sun-playing-with-my-distress-inks.html
:o)

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

You tag is beautiful Hels! I am very partial to green!
My offering today is here http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/paper-queen.html

rachel said...

brilliant make - Hels - hope you like mine! its here! http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/cc3-challenge-stamps-and-sizzlets.html
Hugs rachel x

Theresa said...

another awesome creation Hels. looking forward to workshop on sat.
here is my link: http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/world-war-ii.html
xx

Ruth said...

Hi Hels, back again with my entry for this week. Ruth x

http://argeum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/tag-time.html

Unknown said...

Such a Beautiful tag, Hels! I'm drawn to butterflies lately and this Gorgeous butterfly is just so stunning! I love all of your embellies and the colors are fabulous-Love Everything! XOXO-Shari T.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails