Sunday 20 April 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 304 - Memories Are Made of This

Gooooodly Morning Stampers and a very Happy Easter to you all!  Big thank you to you all for your great entries to last weeks challenge.  This week the theme will be... MEMORIES.   As ever, how you interpret is entirely up to you... it could be the word memory or memories... it could be something that evokes a memory with you... the choice is yours.   To join in is simples:  make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme and some stamping then pop back here, leave a comment with a linky to the place you are showing your entry and I can hop over to visit you.  If you don't have a blog, you can also join in via Facebook (just tag my name) or by emailing me a small res. photo.   The theme will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 26th April 2014.



My entry this week is the result of a "playtime" I had the other day.  I have been itching to try this technique out ever since I saw the awesome Wendy Vecchi demo it.. you can see her VIDEO HERE.   She is a GODDESS!!!   I won't spoil it for you... but I will give you a hint: rubbing alcohol in the UK is Surgical Spirit (well, at least I think it is cos it worked perfectly for me!)




As well as the base technique, I was also very inspired indeedily by Wendy, check out HER BLOG .. adding stencilling (all her delish stencils btw) and layering up the background with different colours and stamping.  I also added little puffs of Forest Moss Distress Marker using the new Distress Spritzer.  I forgot how fun using one of these little puffers is!  My stepson had one in an arty kit I bought him yonks ago.  I have to say that the Distress one is much better, you get a better grade of puffage with this one :O)   It would have been remiss of me not to add a big bundle of embellies... so I die cut some greenery using Tim's new die and Distress Core-dinations.  Also in there are some bits of Embellish Your Art, some pearls and a smidge of Idea-ology.  Oh and the rose?  Was actually one I made during a class last weekend and I liked the colours so much I didn't chuck it away.  The whole piece was actually made around the rose!



I must dash... not only am I late posting my Sunday Stamper (was a bit knackered last night so decided to get up early and then decided to ignore the alarm!)  I am also going to be late for the start of the British Touring Car Championship programme on ITV4 - which is starting in ...er.... 2 minutes ago!!!   As ever I am shouting.... GO PLATO!!!   Thanks for looking, have a great day!  TTFN

Hels x

28 comments:

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels a happy Easter to you and grim. Love the sentiment and all the techniques on this creation. Off to have a look at Wendy's video for some more hints and tips x

Tx said...

Love the colour combination! Fab as usual. Tx

Joanne said...

This looks amazing so I shall switch my computer on and go in search of all the links
Have a lovely Plato day and roast lamb dinner
Xx

Unknown said...

I do like the colours you've used for this and the rose was definitely worth hanging on to.
Enjoy your day. I think I'm going to relax with Wendy now!!
Thank you, Jan

Jane said...

Wow this is great Hels and I had always wondered what rubbing alcohol was...thanks for enlightening me. It's funny..for a while I had no idea what burlap was until I found out it was sacking/hessian!! Happy Easter x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Hels. My friend and I have been avidly watching your melt pot programmes which are so imaginative, and I loved when you moulded the bee and reproduced him. There is always something new!

Lucy x

Lisapmac said...

This is so gorgeous, I must have a go at making flower like yours, love it, gorgeous colours xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is amazing. I so love the things you make. Have a very Happy Easter. Hugs Jackie

Redanne said...

Love the fabulous colours on the rose and love how you built everything else around it. I have not mastered Wendy's fab technique yet but I keep on trying! Happy Easter to you! Hugs, Anne x

Linda Simpson said...

Happy Easter Hels, I hope you have had a lovely day and loving your wall plaque.
Hugs
Linda xx

rachel said...

woohoo - this is fabulous - love the colours - and you've given me the excuse to do a scrapbook page tonight - thanks for that! Big hugs Hels - hope you had a wonderful day xx

Cass said...

Er, you've not linked up the pic to the challenge :-( Very excited about the TH challenge. Can you get Create and craft to do more on the melt pot - please?

Cassidy

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, Happy Easter to you and Graham, I hope your day has been brilliant !!
I love this hanging, gorgeous colours, gorgeous embellies,gorgeous techniques.
I'm off to watch Wendy's video now.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Happy Easter Hels! Love the hanging and different colours for you! I would like to enter Sunday Stampers this week. My effort fits into the 'memories' theme because the Umbrella Man is the die that I bought from you so I always remember you whenever I use it!! I hope the link works as it's a while since I've done this Lol!

www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4474751410054716833#editor/target=post;postID=8159472317368135962

Carole Z said...

This is gorgeous Hels, loving the colours...Happy Easter to you & Grimm, hugs Carole Z xx

Kirsten said...

I love this Hels, it's gorgeous. I hope you & Grim have had a lovely day.

Unknown said...

Hels, I love doing challenges.. but have to say that I love doing the INKY -ness of yours... loved creating this tag type thing... I hope that you can take the time to read all my things.. .LOL... I get rather wordy at times... have a great day... my blog is at
http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/04/memories.html

See you there..
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Awesome combined spring collage.
Wish you a happy last Easter day tomorrow.
Hugs Anja

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Gorg. x

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Beautiful piece with a gorgeous rose. Take care.

nancyd said...

Hi Hels, another fantastic piece of art
love the colours and all the the emmbellies you have used. Away to check out
Wendy's blog.
Nancyd xx

Unknown said...

Hi Hels great piece,as always,the colours look great together and the background is amazing. I thought I would give it one more try to get my piece viewed before I have to go and read how to work this blog thingy!!!(I really hate having to read instructions!!),but as I go away on holiday this weekend it will give my hands and brain something to do whilst they are separated from my beloved craft stash, and reading yr blog will keep me from going into withdrawal so take care and keep posting!!!
Clare x

rachel said...

here you go Hels - not much stamping but there is some! http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/memories-are-made-of-this-and-torn.html

Happy thursday xx

Mrs Beez said...

All your colour combos are so fabulous and I love the bee. Have just bought some fabby moulds (they are Mod Podge Melt Molds and one is a bee and another has an owl) to use with the Melt Pot.
Hope your lamb was delish.
Here's my entry for this week:

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2ue

Ruth said...

Gorgeous colours and love the flower and bee. Yet to try this technique. Please see link below for my entry

http://argeum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/return-to-vintage-for-304.html

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui Chimes said...

Hi Hels - this is my entry - love your example http://jacquesjunque.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/ink-on-my-fingers-challenge.html

Vic's Creations! said...

I LOVE your flower! How did you create it? Very beautiful project. Thanks for sharing your projects with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails