Friday 7 March 2014

Nighttime... Playtime... Take II

...cor blimey!  Another great night of getting thoroughly covered in ink and paint, I am a happy bunny!  Just like the other night, last night I had a little playtime in the Room of Stash... and being as I am a slatternly persuasion, my desk still had all the stuff from the previous nights foray into the World of Nighttime Crafting.  So, why bother tidying up when it is all there, ready to play with?  Time saving too!  Here's what I made:



More brayering going on using Fresco Finish paints, this time I used Vintage Lace, London Night, Very Berry, Chocolate Pudding, Blood Orange, Claret and a smidge of Squid Ink.  I love the way the paints go on using the brayer, a lovely built up effect with them gives a very interesting background... plus, I have found, if I goof up the layer, I can dry it and then brayer right over the top! Cool!  Here's the background before decorating - more Grungepaste through a stencil - and because I wanted to get Treasure Gold only on the raised bits, I popped the stencil back over the dry Grungepaste and applied the TG through it, easy peasy!



The decorations this time are in the form of lots of Studio 490 stamped images.  The flowers and leaves were stamped onto cream card and then I used Seedless Preserves (perfect colour match!) and Antique Linen DI's for the flowers - overstamping with Jet Black Archival.  The leaves were coloured with Forest Moss DI and then overstamped with Fern Green Archival and shaped to give a bit more dimension. 




The sentiment is another 490 one - stamped onto cream card, edged with DI's and then popped into that cute ickle frame, how sweet is that!!!  A stamped a butterfly onto Clearly For Art and popped that onto the design too, along with lots of embellies and a UTEE birdy.  Smidges of Treasure Gold White Fire and Rose Quartz for finishing touches and there ya go... another after dark creation :O)



I must away now - I have my Sunday Stamper post to schedule now as I am away to South Wales to Dandie Crafts today and won't be back until late tomorrow night so I am being organized!!!  *for a change!*   Thanks for looking and have a great day!  TTFN


Hels x

26 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Another beauty Hels, love the little bird and of course Queen of the Flowers they look fabulous :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is beautiful! The colours are divine and I love all the stamping and embellys! xx

Rita said...

Another of your masterpieces Hels. It really is beautiful and all the lovely textures and colours look fab. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

Redanne said...

Another gorgeous creation Hels, done with your usual style and elegance. A real stunner! Hugs, Anne x

rachel said...

this is gorgeous Hels - hope you have a fun weekend - sounds like fun to me xx

Anneke said...

What a great work. You sure have a lot of inspiration at night. Thanks for sharing Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

nannapat said...

Fabulous design and lush colours Hels. Pat x

Keren Howell said...

Gorgeous design and beautiful colours. Looking forward to seeing you at Dandie Crafts! xxx Keren

craftimamma said...

This is stunning Hels and I love the colour combo (even though it's a teensy bit pink, lol). The flower and leaf cluster is arranged with your usual aplomb (unmatchable imo) and the butterfly and birdy are so sweet.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lisapmac said...

Oooooooooo absolutely gorgeous xx

Helen said...

Coorrrrrr! I like this even more than yesterday's! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Lovely creation. I'm looking forward to trying the brayer. You make it look easy to master, but that's not what I've heard from others!!
Have a fun weekend, all.
Thanks, Jan

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels this I very pretty and looks like you are becoming a brayering queen. The sentiment is lovely too and of course the bird or is it a parrrot? Have a great weekend x

LoraineC said...

Love the treasured gold grunge paste, beautiful colour way x

Carole Z said...

Hels, this is stunning...the colours really grabbed me to begin with: gorgeous, love everything about it! Have a good weekend, Carole Z X

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Great piece and I love the bird. Have a safe journey and have fun at Dandie Crafts : ) Take care.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I love it !! I'm especially loving the grungepaste through that fabulous numbers stencil, with the TG atop, and brilliant tip too. Lovely colours and gorgeous embellies. I love it !!
Have a lovely weekend at Dandie Crafts.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Gorgeous Hels. Love that colour! xxx

Unknown said...

Love it how I wish you could come to n ireland would love to take a class with you but too ill to travel now so I do love to receive your posts great as always

Unknown said...

Love it how I wish you could come to n ireland would love to take a class with you but too ill to travel now so I do love to receive your posts great as always

Welsh Annie said...

Just back from a fab day at Dandie Crafts. Thanks so much Hels for a a super day. Anne x

ginny c said...

I am in love it absolutely. Stunning love the colours everthing you have done it again Hels you are so talented ginny x

Twinks Stamping said...

Absolutely gorgeous card x

Twinks Stamping said...

Absolutely gorgeous card x

Twinks Stamping said...

Could you please tell me the name of the sentiment stamp you have used "every bright star...... Thank you

Linsey R said...

This project you did is SO gorgeous and totally inspiring!!! I'm going to take your awesome tip of placing the stencil back on when highlighting only raised area of the texture paste--SWEET!!! Thanks so much for sharing, you rock!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails