Wednesday 5 March 2014

Distress With Extra's...

...cor blimey, Wednesday already!  I don't know where this week has whizzed off to, I have just had two days off and I spent most of the time asleep! I think the Manflu from last week has wiped me out!  No more Moomin Mamma, thankfully, the old schnozzle has gone back to the normal size... phew!  Anyways, I spent a wonderful weekend in Telford at Crafty Bunch, teaching lots of lovely ladies all about Distress Inks and techniques you can use them for... and at the same time, they made a lovely piece of bespoke wall art using a Kaisercraft MDF frame.  Here are some pics of the creation I made for the sample:



I won't go into detail how we made the creations as it wouldn't be fair to the ladies who came to play... I can tell you the colours I used are Antique Linen, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans.  And yes, purple again!



Today I am mostly unpacking all the boxes from the weekend - told you I had been lazy! - and then I have this creation popping around my head that I want to make before I forget what I am wanting to make (yes, that happens regularly.. .I even have a little book to sketch things into and forget to use that too!)  



Hope you all having a goodly week.... thanks for looking, TTFN

Hels x

19 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Love your picture frame. Wish you had some classes in Scotland.
Julie x

rachel said...

fabulous Hels - this looks brilliant - glad you're feeling better too xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Hels ... I love this wall art. You used one of my favorite sentiments and I love how you displayed it throughout the different regions within the frame. Gorgeous soft color and I always love your floral embellishments. Thanks for sharing this with us!! -- Mary Elizabeth

Sandra Carey said...

Hels beautiful as always hope you get plenty of rest before Saturday class so looking forward to seeing you there Hugs Sandra xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels I am pleased you are feeling better there are lots of colds around at the moment. Thank you for sharing this project. I have all those colours. I just love Distress Ink. Hugs Jackie

Rita said...

Fabulous Art piece Hels. The colours against the black look amazing. Hugs Rita xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous work of art Hels, love the stamps you have used. Gorgeous colours and love the flower!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Helen said...

Glad you're on the mend. This panel looks gorgeous... and of course the flower!!

Redanne said...

Love this. The colours you have used are gorgeous together and that flower at the end is to die for! Take care and hope you feel well soon. Anne xx

carol edwards said...

Lovely colours and all blends together so well. Gorgeous panels and beautiful flower. Glad you are on the mend x

nannapat said...

Fab hanging Hels - I bet all the ladies were thrilled with their makes. Pat x

Vee Cassidy said...

So beautiful, gorgeous colours. Vee xx

Carole Z said...

Ooh beautiful creation Hels, love the colours! Carole Z xx

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Great piece. I love the flower. Glad you are feeling better : ) Take care.

nancyd said...

Morning Hels, another fabulous piece of art
lucky ladies to have you demo with them
as Julie said wish you came to Scotland
you would be inundated with people jastling
for places. Glad your on the mend.
Nancyd xx

Welsh Annie said...

What a lot to look forward to at your workshop on Saturday in Wales. Anne x

Valerie said...

Love the creation Hels. Looking at your classes list may I ask if you ever come to the south of the country? I live south of London in Kent and never seem to get the opportunity to see you. Willing to travel, but closest seems to be Coventry and full! Glad you feel better, Valerie

Sparrow said...

Love this creation - now just need to book you to show me how it is done. I am saving my pennies for your workshop in Hessle in a few months time. Glad you are feeling better as it give me hope that my cold might not last long. Off to pop a couple more pills, Take Care.

LoraineC said...

Love this as always Hels x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails