Wednesday 19 February 2014

Painty Painty...

...cor blimey! What a whirlwind three days I just had!  It was the annual Stitches trade show at the NEC in Birmingham and I was demoing some lush new paints from Creative Expressions.  Here's the info about them:  37 brand new colours in a yummy natural palette, these paints are semi-opaque, super smooth, chalky and dry fast too.  As well as the 37 new colours, there are also four new Glazes added to the range.  A Pearl Shimmer, Gloss and Matt Glaze... and then best of all... a Crackle Glaze.  Armed with some MDF and some cardstock I set about creating some demo samples over the three days... and over the next few days I shall be blogging all about what I made.


Check out the Fleur De Lys, stencilled underneath the Crackle Glaze, so it is revealed when it goes blotchy!


This card shows the new Crackle Glaze.  Having not used it before I figured it would help if I read the instructions... so I did... and did a really pretty crackle on the card.  Then I decided to ignore the instructions and try it my own way... and what happened next was amazing!  So, it says to paint on a base coat of paint... dry it and then paint on the Crackle Glaze, nice and smoothly avoiding brush strokes... and then dry it.  Then apply a top coat of paint and watch the crackles appear.  Oh yesh, lovely!  Next I decided to pop the top coat of paint on whilst the Crackle Glaze was still wet... ohlallaaaa... I love the blotchy resisty effect that happened... so did everyone who came to see the demo's too.  The crackle in on the left side of the card, the resisty blotchy is on the right side.   A couple of tag bases that I demo'd... they needs decorating and embellishing at some point...
*excuse photo's, I had to take them using me phone and the light was pants...*


This tag has the Crackle Glaze used properly



And this tag has it used my way :O)

 I will be back tomorrow with pics of a project I made at the show... today I am mostly being a lazy old bat... after three days of constant yakking my voice is glad of the rest!  At least I haven't lost it this time (the voice, not *it* although....)   Thanks for looking, have a great day!  TTFN

Hels x

20 comments:

whyducks said...

Ooo I love a crackle. Rest up well love xx

Gina said...

Very pretty, one more thing to add to my shopping list.

nannapat said...

Fabulous effects Hels - I think I prefer the second one, and no need to wait for the crackle to dry! Great for impatient crafters like me. Pat x

Rita said...

Stunning pieces of Art Hels. I bet you had fun at the show. Hugs Rita xxx

snazzyoriginal said...

Love what you have done with the crackle. Sorry to have missed you at Stitches this time xx

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels these are fab projects, looks like more items to add to the very long wish/need list. Enjoy your day x

rachel said...

sounds like some good playing Hels - and great to see the results of your experimenting xx

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous tags.fab techniques.xxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, great to see you at Stitches on Monday (was just there as a guest of my friend), thanks for showing me all these wonderful glazes and paints...fabulous! Carole Z X

Linda Simpson said...

Great to see you at the Weekend! These are fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Helen said...

Oh no, more paints.... lol!! Love the look of them though..

Debbie said...

Oooo love it love it :) x

CastleKelly Crafts said...

These are gorgeous, I'm a great fan of crackle in any form. The paints look fab, will have to have a new shelf in the craft room soon! Jane x

LoraineC said...

Looks cool x

Helen said...

Interesting what crackle does, isn't it? Your way appears much more crackly and looks fabulous!

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Ohhhhh !! these are gorgeous, loving the crackles, especially 'your way' and much faster too, can't be bad !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

nancyd said...

Hi Hels, more fab. work from your very
talented self loving the crackle especially
your way which I think is more dramatic
I think its time you took a breather
and be as lazy as you like as long as
you don't forget to blog more great
art.
Nancyd xx

Chaffinch said...

Looking forward to seeing more piccies of what you made. I have just picked up some Tim Distress Paint. Enjoy your lazy day.

Unknown said...

This is why I love the crafting world, always something new to learn & discover from such talented, creative people x

Anneke said...

These tags looks great. Love the look of them. Beautiful color. Thanks for showing Anneke.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails