...oh yesh indeedily! I have finally had a chance to sit and play with my new Distress Paints and the new stamps I got at the NEC last week. Seems like a yonk since I had some guilt free crafting time so I have made the most of it this week! Have you seen the new clear stamps from Kaisercraft? I loves them! And they are so affordable too (which is always a bonus right?) So, last night I got a little inky and painty in the Room of Stash and made a couple of tags... and here's one of them:
I did a "partial resist" technique on the base of the tag... how does that work? Well, use Glue & Seal or Multi Medium to stamp your image - I used a script stamp. Dry it off and then add some colour. For the "partial" bit of the resist you need Distress Paints as they are opaque when dried. I used Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Aged Mahogany (be still my heart! I love that colour!) Distress Paints, smooshing them onto the craft sheet, lightly spritzing with water and then swiping the tag through the paintyness. As soon as I started to dry the tag, I spritzed lightly with water which moves the paints about a bit.... as they start to dry, go in with a paper towel and lift off some of the still wet paint. This will reveal the resist underneath... and where the paints are dried, you can't see the resist... hence partial!
I loved the effect of the background so I decided not to add any more Distress Inks to the tag but I did add some more stamping. Starting with my new Kaisercraft Script, I stamped this in Watering Can Archival (THANK YOU Wendy Vecchi for inventing this colour... tis my new fave!) As it is an oil based ink you will need to heat set the stamping to avoid smudginess. Next I used the new Kaisercraft Diamonds stamp and Plum Archival to add some more layering to the base of the tag. The Plum goes perfectly with the Aged Mahog too... like they were made to be together! Next up came the butterflies... another new Kaisercraft stamp (can you see a theme here?) Stamped in Jet Black Archival so they pop off the tag, I stamped them again onto cream card, cut them out and used a waterbrush and Distress Inks to colour them. They were then layered over the original stamped images for some dimension. I then got all spritzy with the decorations. Plain white paper flowers, spritzed with Cranberry Colorwash and then zapped with Black Marble Dylusions and Ancient Copper Cosmic Shimmer mists. A few metal embellies, the word WISH from Alpha Parts and some dangly bits finished off my little tag!
I am all excited today! I am packing up in preparation for my trip to Taunton this weekend where I will be demo-ing and teaching at Craftasmic... I best get a wiggle on as I have boxes to pack and blog posts to schedule! Busy busy! Thanks for looking, have a grand day! TTFN