Wednesday 23 October 2013

Seasonally Distressed...

....nay and thrice!  I have THE lurgy!  Oh yesh, after a whole nearly two years being cold free, I went and picked up a bug... and oh boy, I have been on my death bed!  Well, maybe that is a slight exageration but it has been bad!  So bad that last week I got the new Winter Seasonal Distress Paints and nearly a month ago I got the Autumn ones and I haven't even played with them!! I know!!!  Sacre bleu!  Well, I am midst prep for a Melt Art Pick of the Day starting Tuesday 29th and running through 30th October and I am also getting the last bits together for my Melt Pot Retreat this weeked... so I is a little busy... but there they were, sitting there, on my desk, looking all ignored and unloved.  So I gave myself an hour to play... and I made this tag:



The background is a smoosh of Antique Linen, Dusty Concord, Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough... wow, the Iced Spruce is all I hoped it would be, I loves this colour!  The others are just as lush to be honest but I do like to have a favourite you see :O)   Once dried, I layered some Distress Inks over in the same colours and then spritzed and flicked some water over to get a nice blotchy background.




Not content with just doing that with the Paints, I decided that the new Burlap Layering Stencil from the Duke of Distress needed taking out of its packaging (yep, another new thing lurking!)  I used Cut & Dry foam to apply Dusty Concord randomly over the stencil and then another zap with the heat tool to dry the paint.  Next up came a bit of stamping using a mini flourish (another Tim stamp) using Jet Black Archival to stamp... remember to heat set the ink, the DP's are waterproof when dried so your Archival will need a zap to set it.   I made a rosey blossom using the Tattered Florals die and coloured the paper with Dusty Concord to make it match in.. and the Tattered Leaves were coloured with Evergreen Bough DI.  A little banner of Film Strip and some Idea-ology to decorate and an Ornate Plate with another little Tim stamp inside and voila, finished... and it actually took me just under the hour too! 



AlfieCat has been up to his old tricks again!  The other day it bucketed down and he was a bit miffed, he hates the rain, so he was sitting at the backdoor, tapping his paw and waiting for the rain to pass.  All of a sudden he leapt up and pounced outside onto the patio, turned tail and hurtled back indoors.  And, in that moment of pouncyness he had managed to catch an earthworm and brought it inside for his Mummy... ewww, he really is a dirty little muckakk!  Needless to say, Grim was deployed to pick up said earthworm... well, I say earthworm, I should have said earthworms, as yes, one had now become two!!!  Gnash, gnash lol  Anyways, with that lovely image I shall say... Thanks for looking, have a great day!! TTFN

Hels x

23 comments:

julie said...

Love the new colours just when I decided I didn't need any more, the tag is gorgeous the flower is very pretty and what are the stencils you mentioned????
thanks
Julie

xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful tag Hels!

Naum Franpos said...

ow very entertaining post. Ive notice that there are many Cheap 1300 Numbers that giving to a business to give them many clients. Most busineses are using smart numbers to easily remember by their clients. Thanks

Zoe said...

Oh those colours are stunning, fabulous tag, the bloom is amazing xx

Kirsten said...

Stunning tag! Hope you feel better very soon.

Mrs Beez said...

Those colours are fabulous. Loving the background.

Lisapmac said...

Gorgeous tag, need everything lol x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Get Well Soon !! it's a wonder you have time to get the 'lurgy' you are always too busy ha ha.
Your tag is gorgeous, lovely colours, lovely layering, gorgeous !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Redanne said...

The colours on your beautiful tag are just stunning....love the burlap stencil, my favourite and now I need some more DP's too..... Hugs, Anne x

Von said...

Glorious colour combo Hels :) and thanks for introducing meto the paints :)
Von ♥

Marleine said...


Hi Hels,

Great tag. Looking forward to getting the new DP colours.

Wishing you well. X

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels I so love these colours, the tag is beautiful Naughty Alfie, in fact yuk! litle monkey, one present I think you could do without. Hope the cold soon disappears x

Caroline said...

Oh Alfie.... You are a tinker!! But I loves you...
Hels (sure u understand my putting A first? Lol), Really hope your lurgy has decency to do a quick turn around. Does it not know who you are?? How very rude....
Your tag is glorious (of course), great colours & always know when you have gotten the tattered floral die out - lush indeedily! 1st on my list 'to get when pennies allow'...
I just got a tag out to see if it would inspire.... Still waiting, lol.
Feel better asap. Squidges for Alfie :))))

rachel said...

loving the new colours Hels - your tag looks beautiful. My Mischief hates the rain too - makes her live up to her name - she's been wrestling with the washing hanging on the drier this morning - little monkey xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful colours! Love that tattered rose too. xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, this is beautiful! Hope you're feeling better, Carole Z xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOWSERS this is fantastic! I love the colours and the sentiment. Another stunning tag.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

janet said...

Love the colours of this tag Hels. Hope you recover from the Death Cold in time to enjoy the retreat and we'll look forward to seeing the POTD next week.
Don't blame Alfie for hating the ran -the whippets do too - they plait their legs as long as they possibly can!
Janet (and Bea)

Linda Page said...

Fabulous Tag Hels - hope you are feeling better. x

nannapat said...

Love those colours - they're a must have! Gorgeous tag Hels. Pat x

nancyd said...

Hi Hels, a fab. tag loving the new colours
and that flower is gorgeous.Alfie is
just doing what he does best but at least he braved the rain to get
mummy a present.
Nancyd xx

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, sorry your not feeling good, hope you feel better soon. Don't you just love cats!! Beautiful project love the colours, its very summery. Emma

Almo said...

Hi Hels, sorry to hear youve been poorly, loving your tag, have just got some of the new colours and looking forward to using them. Hope you feel better soom. Hugs Mo x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails