Monday 14 October 2013

Designing Your Dreams...

..one of my fave ever sentiment stamps is the one I used on this sample... Be a Designer of Dreams... which basically, to me, means make a dream and chase it!  Which is what I tend to do most of the time... I have always been a bit of a day dreamer you know :O)   So, todays card is a sample card from the Craft Clinic show last Monday - really, a week gone already!  This year is whizzing past waaaay too fast!   The stamp sets I used are Studio 490 Botanical Art and Funky Flower Art.



Starting with a piece of cream card,  I "inked" up the German text background using Frayed Burlap Distress Paint, I love the slightly smudgy look of stamping with Distress Paints.  Once I heat dried it, I used Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks to blend over the top of the text... note how the inks don't affect the image - cos it is waterproof when set!  Which means that I could splat water onto the surface and know that the words wouldn't budge!  Cool huh?  I edged the card with Walnut Stain to make a frame for it and then did a smidge of overstamping... using Library Green for the sprig.  The flowers are from Funky Flower Art and I popped some Distress Paint (Barn Door & Antique Linen) onto my craft sheet, dipped some card, dried it and then stamped the flowers in Jet Black Archival.  Once cut out and assembled I added a little 3d Embellish Your Art rose.  The leaf was made in the same way, this time I stamped with Olive Archival to make it more... erm.. leafy!   A touch of ribbon and the sentiment and there you have it.
 

So.  Today I have a "job" to do.  I have been putting it off for a week!  You see, my little old Room of Stash is where I keep all my stash - yep, really!  Anyways, as well as my stash, I also have my workshop stash which gets muddled up with the stash in the Room of Stash and because I was so busy last weekend, teaching and then prepping for the Craft Clinic, the old Room of Stash became a bit... erm... ok, very lots... messy!  So, I have boxes all over the place.. in the Room, on the landing,  in the spare room, in the dining room... and poor old Grim is very patient but our house is slowly being swallowed up with stash boxes... so today... I am SORTING it!! Oh yesh, expect me to resurface in about 71 years!  What I really need is to sort out the storage issue in the Room of Stash... once that is done, I can keep it all in here.  BUT.  That also means moving everything out... and I just can't do that because I am always using the stuff in the Room!  Maybe, over Xmas, I will get it done... so, anyone know where I can get some cheap butcher's block worktop from?  Right, enough pontificating, time for me to get... erm.. organised!!! Oooh, but before I go... we watched the BTCC yesterday and oh my word, what an exciting last meet it was!  It was very close, down to the last race... pant wettingly exciting stuff... but alas, Plato didn't win the championship... Still, there's always next year and a big well done to Andrew Jordan who won it for the very first time... he is one to watch methinks!    Right, tidy up time... I am off... actually, I could just tell you about.......     *no more prevarications Hels!*   Thanks for looking, have the best day!  TTFN

Hels x




11 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

gorgeous! i love the vintage tones and the lovely layout :)

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely stunning and loving the vintage feel too...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

rachel said...

good luck with that one Hels - my room of stash is a nightmare!!!! But is in the attic so nobody else has to go there!! Gret piece from last week too! Hugs Rachel x

Redanne said...

Tis gorgeous Hels, it has a lovely vintage feel to it and the flower is stunning. Have you tried IKEA, not sure if they sell that kind of thing...but they might just. Hugs, Anne x

Helen said...

This is beautiful.... but, Hels' last time you cleared the room of stash, you said you weren't letting it get bad again... or wasn't I meant to remember that?! LOL. Hope you're well, and have emerged unscathed...xxx

Carole Z said...

Beautiful creation Hels, love it! Hmm..now that's what I need, another room of stash to keep my stash in..then I might be able to find my desk once in a while! Lol Carole Z X

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This is fabulous, loving the script done in paints, and the vintage look to the whole piece.
Good Luck with the 'clear up' exercise, I need to do the same, my craft room looks like a 'tip' at the moment ha ha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, gorgeous project and design. I hope you made a start on the stash sorting, your not the only who has it taking over the house slowly room by room!! Emma

Joanne said...

I love this piece especially the German text. As for butcher's block, you could try the web. B&Q do it but you would need an 'old fogey' discount card and go on a Wednesday to gain there LOL Do you know that if you get wood you will have to oil it every few months??? or it will become rough and dry. Might be better with laminate and that IS cheap and easy to keep clean.I reckon you need an assistant so please take this as an application for the job HE HE
xx

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels lovely, pretty and vintage. When you have finished later on clearing up room of stash, please come round and sort mine out as well. Ahem!!!x

Mrs Beez said...

More pretty colours. Love that sentiment stamp. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails