Monday 28 January 2013

Taggingtons...

... I really MUST stop with the adding of "ingtons" onto the end of every available word I can think of.  It all started with Alfie.  He talks you see... sometimes is in so foul of mouth I have to cover my ears but for the most time, we have lovely little conversations.   Well, being as I am home most of the time we have got ourselves into a little routine when it comes to Alfie's meal times.  He has his "breakie" and then comes the next meal... lunch,  or as I started calling it, lunchingtons.  And it has kind of stuck.  If I say to Alf "you want some lunch?" He just looks at me.  If I say to Alf "you want some lunchingtons?" He leaps up and looks very happy to see me!  And when he does his business in his litter tray, he has very oft been to "dumpingtons" or "poopingtons"  *depending on the severity lol*    See what I mean?  It is so easy to add "ingtons" onto the end of words.  Which is why I titled this post "taggingtons" because "tag" is just too short and not at all imaginative for a blog post title.  With all of that wafflingtons (snort) out of the way, here is a little tag(gintons) that I made whilst staying with Ellen.  I can't believe it is a whole week since I set off for home! Where did that go huh?  Oh and yes, the jet lag is almost over.. thanks for asking, it has been a nightmare(ingtons) *ahem*




So, my creation (I sooo want to say "tag" but you know what it will turn into... tis a compulsion) is a cacophony of new stuff!  Starting with the base, which is a new Studio 490 Art Part.  You all know my lurve of tags and how much I love Art Parts... so the GENIUS that is Wendy Vecchi has made tag from Art Part material!  Like I said: GENIUS!   I decided to give myself a time limit on this tag... Ellen and I had been making art Studio 490 stylee and I was finished with my piece but Ellen was still in Creatingtons (see what I mean, you can make a normal word a place name!) so I decided to do a super quick Art Part piece and finish around the same time as her.  Right, where was I?  Ah yes, the tag base, covered with new papers I got in Michael's.. they are lushingtons aren't they?  They are by My Minds Eye, the colour palette is so me... and muted enough to be able to add inking and stampingtons (this is getting a smidge daft now right?)  So the top part of the tag had the new gorgeous background from Heirloom Art overstamped in Coffee Archival.  I can see lots of possibilites with this background stamp, tis now a new fave!  On the bottom half of the tag I stamped out some of the new mini flourishes in Coffee Archival (from Daisy Art). 




The floral embellishment... well, what can I say?  Mrs V has excelled herself with the designing of this batch of Art Parts - she has only gone and designed etched Art Parts!!!  And yes, I am bouncing with excitement... not only are my fave Art Parts intricately cut and detailed, there's etching in them to add more dimension!  See, told ya she is a GENIUS!  The flower/leaf Art Part has a co-ordinating stamp... again from Daisy Art... I didn't use this on the Art Part basey bit though... what I did was covered some Clearly For Art with some of the MME papers and stamped the flower in Jet Black Archival and then cut that out, coloured it with Barn Door Distress Stain and gave it a zap of heat to dry it.  I then smudged a smidge (smudged a smidge? huh?) of Gathered Twigs DI on the edges. 




 
The base Art Part had the leaves coloured with Forest Moss DI and then I overstamped another new stamp - the chevrons (love them) in Olive Archival.  The flower/leaf Art Part is a two layered one, so I coloured the flower layer with more Barn Door, edged with Gathered Twigs, overstamped a lettery background with Jet Black and then sanded the edges to shabby them up a bit.   I heated up the Clearly For Art flower - from the CFA side as trying to heat through the paper takes a yonk - and curled the petals whilst still warm.  The flower in the centre is an Embellish Your Art resin bloom, coloured with Fired Brick Distress Marker and dried with a heat tool.   I stamped some wordy bits... the sentiments are in Jet Black Archival and of course, WISH had to be on there being as it is my word of 2013!  **btw, WISH is the Sunday Stamper theme this week... HERE are the deets!**    I painted the scallop trim with Pitch Black Dabber, dried it, sanded it, edged with Gathered Twigs and then overstamped with a dotty border stamp.  The ickle spidey is one of my fave 490 stamps, he just sits on any design perfectly.  I added little dashes around the edge for faux stitches and then added some pearly bits to finish.  




 I still wasn't happy with it... a bit plain I thought... so I grabbed an Idea-ology Curio Knob for the top of the tag and then finally... see the ickle black flower?  That is actually a fridge magnet!  Wendy Vecchi has teamed up with Blossom Bucket again and designed some home decor!  And I have seen the new stuff at CHA and I neeeeeds it all!  Anyways, the ickle flower... I picked it up in The Queen's Ink and knew I was going to be loving it... shame there weren't any more, I would have got them all!  I removed the magnet from the back and used Cosmic Glue to stick it onto the scallop trim.  And there you have it.  And yes, Ellen finished her Art Part piece looong before I had finished faffing lol




AlfieCat has been so cute this morning I have to share a couple of pics of him.  He is a typical cat, nose into everything and owns everything in the house... including my Room of Stash.  So I am halfway through doing some packaging up stuff to post and he decided to help... looking ever so innocent... right?  Yeah!! lol 





Right, I shall away!  I am suffering a smidge with the old war wound at the moment so I think I may need to go to *ahem* Relaxingtons today!    Thanks for looking... have a goodly day yourself!  TTFN

Hels x

24 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great make as always you rock studio 490! Hugs trace x
Enjoy your day.x

Diane said...

I just love looking at your blogingtons, Hels!! Today is no exception - another fabulous project!
Diane x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely tag. Great photos of Alfie cat.

wendy vecchi said...

it's perfect!
thanks for the great post...and your kind words!
MWAH!

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, my cats like alfie loves helping out in the craft room (she thinks!!), nice muddy paw prints on my projects, ribbon in a tangled mess - such a fun toy you see!! Anyway on to your gorgeous tag, love it and the chunky flower is wonderful, i see the wish word has found its way in! Emma

Helen said...

Rockington!! Have a great day, hope the back eases up soon.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, how delicious! I love the brilliant color of your posy....and your musing(tons) had me laughing(tons). Huggintons!

Marleine said...


Hi Hels,
Good to see you back to your old self and waffling s.
love the tag.

That Alfie is so cute. Xx

betjunroe said...

Amazingtons Hels! Oops, you've got me doing it--lol! Alfie cat is so cute. Bette

Joanne said...

Brilliantingtons
Xx

rachel said...

so beautiful Hels - love love love it xx

Karen Petitt said...

really beautiful - love it! and mr alfie looks mega cute too! Karen x

Redanne said...

Gorgeous tag-ington Hels using the amazing new stuff from Wendy-ington! Love the flower and the fridge magnet is now a must have, if they ever come here that is.... Hugs, Anne x

Kyla said...

Yep, you are definatly the queen of art parts. Hope you have a relaxing day.
Kyla

Planetsusie said...

Oooh this is gorgeous Hels. That flower is scrumptious(ingtons) and looks great on your project.

Just noticed Afie has markings on his chest just like my gorgeous Ebony who I lost last year soooo give him a special hug from me.

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, Fantastic tag today, lovely embellishments, beautiful colours, absolutely gorgeous. Lovely piccies of AlfieCat, bet he is glad you're home.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kirsten said...

If I may borrow a Hels-ism... Cor blimey & thrice, that is GORGEOUS. The embellishments look great against the background. AlfieCat is such a handsome chap, thanks for sharing the pics of him.

nannapat said...

Well, all I can say about this is wow-ingtons!! Pat x

Terry said...

Hey Hels you better relaxingtonssss then you did another amazing job with this fabulous tag, love all the Wendy Art Parts and fabulous colors, wowwzerss amazingly made by you, Thanksss for sharing sweetie, Hugs Terry xxxx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Thank you for a wonderful laughington this morning. Humour has been a bit light on on this side of the planet the past few days.
Receverington is on the Agenda but we all need some sleepington here too. 48hours of crashing , bashing and howling around us is very disturbington I can rell you.
I have such a need for playington too!

Andrea said...

just stunning Hels and Alfie is adorable and looks like he wants to be naughty, take care xx

Craftychris said...

Awesome tag, those Art Parts are fab. Alfie cat is fab too! xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

In love with your "INGTON" ism's and this tag!!! I LOVE IT MOUNDS!!! All my favs here! Gorgeous work! Love your extra clean work space too!

Claudine said...

Great Tag Hel's... Here is my entry for this week, hope you like it. I had fun with this one.
http://claudinesartcorner.blogspot.com/2013/01/hmmm.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails