...I have had a few free days this week - what with the old jet lag catch up and all that - and I was mooching around my fave blogs and happened across the challenge that is Simon Says Stamp & Show. This week they are asking for you to "show what you are known for" Erm... well, I sat and had a thunk, and thunked a bit more... and decided that I didn't know exactly what I was known for. Until the lovely Tracy Evans left me a nice comment saying "one of your trademark flowers" Aha! Light bulb moment. Yes, it is true, I do like to pop a flower or two onto everything I make. So then I had a mooch through my blog and spotted that I am rather addicted to all things Studio 490. There it is! Studio 490 stuff and a flower! So I whipped off to the *very tidy* Room of Stash and had a little play:
I was playing, as you do, with stuff on my desk and wondered what Rock Candy Cracklepaint would look like if it was popped onto Embellish Your Art pieces. So I had another play and posted a photo of the result on Facebook and then decided to make another couple of flowers like this, so I did step by step pics... and here they are! Here's what you will need:
Colour the EYA piece with Distress Marker.
Heat set the Marker until dry.
Blob Rock Candy Cracklepaint onto the flower and set aside to dry.
And there they are... I don't know if this will work with any other kind of marker... the Rock Candy reacts with the water based Distress Markers so they bleed a bit... I guess permanent markers will stay put... worth a try though!
Anyways... as usual, I have decorated the tag with lots of stuff... so I took a photo of it before decorating. The background was achieved by layered scraps of book page over the tag, spreading a smidge of Traditional Tan paint over the top and drying. Next I used Broken China, Evergreen Bough and Peacock Feathers Stains and coloured over the top of the tag and dried it. Next I used the new Stencils for Art Diamonds and sprayed the new Dirty Martini Dylusions spray over the top. I dried this and then used another Stencil for Art - Spots and Stream Colorwash spray to add more decoration to the tag base. Finally, I added smidges of Black Marble Dylusions spray and a Crafters Workshop stencil.
I used some of my favourite Studio 490 Embossing Paste - Black flavour and added some stenciled flowers to the tag base and set this aside to dry. Whilst drying I stamped the Art Part Phrenology Head with the corresponding Stampers Anon stamp and then coloured with Antique Linen Stain, dried this and then blended smudges of Barn Door DI for the cheeks. The eyes are Peeled Paint Marker with a couple of white dots. The specs and lips are Embellish Your Art pieces. The Top Hat and Flower are also EYA - I added a little feather behind to jazz the hat up a bit too. The Butterfly also had a smidge of Distress Marker and Rock Candy added to it and then I popped it onto the head as a bow tie.
Finishing touches are the flower - of course, I had to add a flower! I glued some dictionary page to Clearly For Art and stamped out some flowers and leaves, cut them out and then coloured with Distress Stains... the middle is another of the EYA Rock Candied flowers and some Wordplay die cut letters covered with Black Embossing Paste spell the word ART.
Right, I shall away... I have got a day of ink in the Room of Stash - Grim is away to Norwich to see Luton Town playing in the FA Cup.... finger's X'd they will win... although they are most deffo the underdog! Thanks for looking... TTFN