Tuesday 4 December 2012

Tattered....

...Poinsettia's!  Have you got that new Tattered Poinsettia Alterations die?  I have... and I loves it... very lots!  I have used it a few times using papers, Grungepaper and cardstock... so I decided to use it a slightly different way for my DT for the Stamp Attic today.  Being as I am incredibly organised (ahem) my Melt Pot is still sitting on my desk after my play the other day... so I decided to use it again and Faux Porcelain some Tattered Poinsettia's.... oh, I loves the effect of the UTEE on the cardstock, it just looks so clever but it is SO easy to do!  I have a tut on my sidebar from a yonk ago... and it is HERE if you fancy a nosey... the rose that I made in the tut is actually not as easy as the Poinsettia - in fact you could bung any shape into the Melt Pot and come out with a gorgeous creation.  Anyways... HERE is the post on The Stamp Attic blog with all the deets on how I made this tag:



I am planning a nice lazy afternoon today... the old war wound is still playing up... I mean, I took it easy yesterday - well, relatively easy, we went shopping and then to friends for dinner afterwards... oh lalaaaa, I think I may have learned how to make soup - I watched very closely whilst it was being made and I think I can remember it all... I shall be trying that very soon (cooking has never been my strongest point lol) and then after dinner I had a little play with a Melodeon and a Mandolin.  I have always had this idea that one day I will learn an instrument... and I think that the time has arrived.  Our friend Richard is an ace Melodeon player - you should hear him... he is brilliant.  And... I said "can you play the Sailor's Hornpipe?"  He says he has never played it... and proceeded to do it ... yes, he is that clever!  Anyways, the Melodeon is lovely but not for me... too energetic with all that pulling and squeezing... so I had a play with the Mandolin... well, my nails are too long and fingers too sausagey... and there are EIGHT strings!  Yikes!   Anyways... I have come back to the conclusion that I want to learn the Ukulele... so that is my New Years Resolution, to learn how to play the Ukulele.  I am getting a bit excited actually, I might even play it and sing along!   With that terrible thought, I shall say... thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

14 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

That poinsettia is stunning xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, I'm eagerly waiting for my Tattered Poinsettia die to come. You got me really excited when you showcased what you had already done with it.
This tag is absolutely beautiful, I love the UTEE effect on the poinsettia die-cuts and leaves etc. Your compilation is gorgeous.
Are you going to be the 'new George Formby' ha ha, I wish you luck with the ukelele. I have always wanted to play the piano, but don't think I can fit one into my house ha ha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

scrappymo! said...

This is just gorgeous. Off to the other blog to figure out hust how you came up with this gorgeous tag!

rachel said...

just gorgeous Hels - beautiful xx

Karen Petitt said...

left you a comment over there Hels, think you'll be happy with it lol x

Rita said...

I love your tag Hels. I don't have a melt pot. Hugs Rita xx

Words and Pictures said...

Creating music is never a bad idea - hope you have lots of fun with the ukelele!! And another stunning crafty creation here - I don't have the poinsettia, but you're making it harder and harder to resist!!
Alison x

Caz said...

Loved the tag! Learning to play instrument - good idea.....singing at same time.....hmmm.......
Lotsa
xxxxxx

EmmaT said...

Hello Hels, beautiful tattered poinsettia, will pop over for a closer look. I once ended up at a bango playing party and it was amazing (i was 16 at the time), im not at all musical so it amazes me. And my brothers and i use to love George formby films and songs just to make you laugh.
I hope you are better soon. Emma

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love the poinsettia!

Barb Cady said...

That poinsettia is absolutely fabulous! A most beautiful tag Hels. I love the thought of you playing and singing, billed as the 'singing stamper' folks would come from miles around! Lots love Hels, hope you are feeling better soon. xx

nannapat said...

Well, I'm just gonna have to get that die. I've been thinking about it & after seeing your post I'm gonna stop thinking and just do it. Before I do, I'm off to read your tutorial. Pat x

carley duff creations said...

love love it

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Most gorgeous Poinsettia ever!!! WOW!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails