Monday 17 December 2012

It's A Lurve Thang....

...dooodooodooooo... aha, I have been listening to some 60's music today and have this song running around my head and it just so happens that I have a hearty  offering for you today :O))   A little later than I had planned... simple reason being I had to face the hoards in the town this morning and when I got home I had to have a little Nanna nap on the sofa!  Actually, town wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... one of the bonuses of living in a little town is that most peeps go to the bigger towns nearby to get their shopping.  And whilst out on our little trip, Grim insisted we went to Iceland!  Well, not the real Iceland the place - that would have taken a smidge more than an hour I think lol   No, we went to Iceland to get some of those mini Cheesecake Swirls jobbies that we saw advertized ont' telly.



Oh dear... if you get them you won't be disappointed, they are lush indeedily.  However, when we got home they were going a bit soft so we decided to defrost them all and have a piggy day.  After reading the instructions on the box, Grim was taking the micky, it says "after 5 minutes remove them from the packaging... does that mean after 6 minutes they won't be edible... "  Famous last words. Because, after forgetting about them for about 30 mins we returned to take said mini cheesecakes out of their packing and erm... they were all defrosted, therefore floppy, therefore impossible to get out of the little plastic pots they are packed in.  "Ah so that is why we needed to take them out after 5mins... because they are still firm and removable"   Well, the mini cheesecakes had to be removed with a spoon ...actually, they are delish but just fiddly... so, if you do have mini cheesecakes for your Xmas spread, remember... 5 mins!  **not to mention the several tonnage of biscuit crumbs that ended up on the floor lol**




Anyways... todays offering is a Studio 490 Art Part creation that I made for the Melt Shows last Wednesday.  The hearts are from Hearts, Love & Stars Art Parts and I gave them a quick covering with Sand coloured paint.... then once that was dry, I peeled apart some fancy napkins and used Beeswax to apply the tissue to the Art Parts.  Check out the ickle birdy at the bottom of the smaller heart... isn't he cute!!!  He is a Long Tailed Tit, one of my fave garden birds - we have a colony of them that arrive every couple of days to eat up the bugs and stuff on the branches of the trees in the Spinney, they are tiny... and look like little Liquorice Allsorts.  I added the LOVE, painted black, and then coated it with Glossy Accents to make it a bit fancier.  The sparkly bits at the top of the hearts are Creative Expressions Mica Flakes... I love these, you can add them to beeswax and then heat them and they don't get affected by the heat... cool huh?  (or hot!)


I have a confession to make!  Oh dear indeedily, I have had to buy some Xmas cards... I know I am just not going to have time now to make 50 odd cards and get them posted out in time... so guess what I am doing this evening.. yep, getting writers' cramp whilst I write them all out.  I do feel a smidge guilty for the buying of the cards but... needs must right?   Thanks for looking... hope you having a lovely day!  TTFN

Hels x


20 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Buying cards is better than not having any at all...guilty! I don't know how but Christmas has totally slipped up on me. I need another month. Love your heart here...fabulous!!! Love the florals and the key!

Helen said...

Love the heart - and the long tailed tit...
I was giggling at the thought of you and Grim and the cheesecakes... so now you have to go back and get some more for Christmas then?!

Planetsusie said...

Hi Hels - you have set me off and I am now going to Iceland 'cos those cheesecakes sound sooooo tempting.

I love the heart you have created, the long tailed tit is a beautiful bird, we have some in our garden and they are so cheeky. Glad to see this one on the small heart.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Glennis F said...

This is gorgeous - I must learn how to use beeswax!

Carole Z said...

You do make me giggle Hels! Love the heart...beautiful! Carole Z X

Rita said...

Ooooo, sounds delish. We did the same with their mini Chocolate eclairs last week Hels. I love your heart in fact its really Stunning. Good Luck with the cards. Hugs Rita xx

EmmaT said...

Evening Hels, I also think sending a bought card is better than no card especially to those who you don't see or speak to alot over the year - it lets ppl know your thinking of them.
Love hearts today, the glossy black letters look stunning and your lucky to have long tailed tits, we dont see so many down here. Emma

Marleine said...


Hiya Hels,

Your day sounds perfect. Shopping - done, Beautiful tag -done, scrummy ffood. And snooze. Bliss.
What you need next is bottle of wine, music and Xmas cards . X

craftypam60 said...

Love the tag - and I must try out the idea of using patterned tissue paper!
Those swirly lemon cheesecake jobbies sound delish! Need to sample those!! x

Redanne said...

Gorgeous tag Hels, love the idea of using beeswax over a gorgeous napkin, but sadly do not yet have a melt pot - notice I said yet - you are very, very bad for my wallet Hels.... Love the sound of the mini cheesecakes too. Hope you get all your cards written - I secretly bought a few too only because I hate the thought of handmade cards going in the bin........ Hugs, Anne x

nannapat said...

Amazed at yours and Grim's self control - 30 MINUTES!! Wouldn't last that long in this house I can tell you. Fabulous tag Hels, I love the bird. I've never used mica flakes but I think I'll have to get some coz every time you use them your projects look stunning.

Maggie said...

Loving your heart hanging watched the shows and now I really must get my melt pot out of the packaging......only had one outing and that was just to look at it!!!
Iceland is calling me too those ads have a lot to answer for lol; I always buy christmas cards as I never make all that I send...usually from charity so makes me feel better :-)
Merry Christmas
MaggieH

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Spoons work!
I love your Love hanger! Seems it is just exactly what the world needs more of.

Unknown said...

You have just reminded me we bought those same cheesecakes last year and the same thing happened to us :)
I love the heart I need to try beeswax.

Aquarius said...

Just 'love' this heart with all its details. Had to smile at the cheesecake saga - any excuse to eat them all today!!

Caz said...

Beautiful heart - have added "getting the melt pot out" to my post Christmas list of things to do on my extra week off - that's if I don't spend the whole week asleep!!!!
Cheesecake sounds nice - you'll have to buy another box to see if you can manage to get them out properly!! LOL!
I already have the box of bought cards ready to write.......not enough hours in the day, are there?!?!?!?!
Lotsa
xxx

rachel said...

just stunning xx

Anonymous said...

HI hels. beautiful heart - love the key.

You're such a busy lady i don't blame you for buying your cards.

I love all Icelands deserts especially the chocolate strawberries. Am shopping there on Friday for our Christmas goodies - must look at the cheesecakes.

Val in Spain xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Bet they were gorgeous though, messy but gorgeous ha ha.
The heart is beautiful, love the little birdie, great that you get them in your garden. Does AlfieCat not try to get to them.
I managed to order my Christmas Cardinal and also the Mini Cardinal yesterday, can't wait to get them now.
I can't wait to get the melt pot and embossing powders, I couldn't believe that lady who got hers after 2 days, that was fantastic. Then all I will need are some metal cookie cutters, then I can play.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Joanne said...

A beautiful little wall hanging. A long tailed tit sat on the telephone wire right outside the patio doors yesterday and looked in at us. Wonderful. Now about buying Xmas cards..........
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails