Friday 7 December 2012

And Finally....

...I got it done!   Finally, after much faffing and fiddlediddling I finished my canvas!  Oh yesh, indeed and thrice, it is finished... I am telling myself that because I really want to keep on adding to it and I am forcing myself to walk away from it.  Actually, it is just another excuse to not make Christmas cards! Last year I prevaricated until about 15th December and then did a mad frenzy of batch making and this year, L'il Miss Smug inside me was "ha, I am starting Christmas in September, you ain't catching me out again......"  ERM... wrong!  I am well and truly catched out... to the point that I am, shamefully admitting, thinking of nipping to the local supermarket and buying a box of cards!  I know!  I have tonnes of Christmas stash and just no Mojo to make cards!  



Anyways... forget about Christmas... see, more prevaricating (hahahaaa) and on with the canvas.  So, a few weeks ago you may recall I travelled up to Rochdale to spend the weekend with the lovely ladies of the JoLLie StaMpeRs craft group.  This was our Sunday project, a big old canvas and some fancy papers... and a bit of imagination.  The thing I loves most about this technique is that you can use any kind of paper and it really doesn't matter if it is trendy, new etc... this paper is actually an ancient Basic Grey collection - I thinks it is Stella Ruby but I might be wrong... and it is yonks old... and I just chopped it up, layered it on and then got messy with some Texture Paste and paints and stuff and then got all excitable with the embellishments.




I do love to over-embellish stuff... I have been doing it for years - if you check out some of my old tags you will see how much Idea-ology I can bung on one thing... and now that Prima and Artemio have started bringing out even more embellies, I am, so to speak, in embellishment heaven.  I started out a few years ago with a compartment box for my Idea-ology... then the Duke of Distress added more to his line... and another box appeared... and then there was more... so I got another box... and now I have... FIVE boxes!  I know!  I am a bit of a neat freak (don't laugh, I am ... sometimes) and I like each thing to have its own little compartment.  However, with the Prima stuff, I have Really Useful Boxes... and bung it all in there... I am loving those Zippers... just how cool are they!  And the ickle birdies!  So... Tweet... ahem *groan*   I used Treasure Gold wax to colour some of the resin embellies... and added smidges of it around the edge of the canvas to tie it all in.  The stamp has got to be one of my fave ever stamps... a real "go to" word... by The Artistic Stamper... fab isn't it!




Anyways... I shall away... I am scheduling this because we have an early start today... we are away to visit Grim's Mum & Dad and they live on the other side of the world... ok, Norfolk, but it is a beggar to get to... there are no motorways you see... all A roads, all of them usually full of lorries and tractors... so early starts are necessary.   Oooh, I nearly forgot... my friend Caz is having a bit of a giveaway... her clever son has made her a proper website HERE it is... and she is doing a giveaway... do hop over to see her, the website is looking fab and the candy is rather nice too...    Right, am away... thanks for looking... have a goodly day!  TTFN

Hels x

21 comments:

craftimamma said...

What a fabulous project for the ladies (many I know) on what must have been a brilliant fun time. You may pile the embellies on Hels but you sure know how to make thm look their best.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

and i love it! I think you should take photos of it and send it out as your Christmas card. Two birds...one stone, so to speak. Fabulous layers and all those vivid colors. Yummy!

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. The layers and flowers are stunning. I love it.

Andrea said...

Its simply STUNNING Hels and hope you really proud of this, I love it all and your just to clever, hope your day goes well, lots love xx

Marleine said...


Morning Hels,
What a fabulous project and a work of art that would lovely on the wall. X

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Absolutely beautiful, I love everything about your canvas. I'm a 'more is more' girl too, so I know how hard it is to 'walk away' from your creation.
I hope your journey to G's parents is pleasant for you, and that you have a glorious time with them.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Hels. Lovely canvas. Well worth all the hours you've spent on it.

Have a great day and a safe journey.

Val in Spain xxx

nannapat said...

Wish I could think of a word that goes beyond 'stunning'. This is amazing Hels - I love all the embellies, you can never have too many! Pat x

CraftyTart said...

Fabbie canvas Hels!
Enjoy Norfolk.....xx drive safely! Xx

Redanne said...

Hi Hels, the sneak peek was lush but the full monty is quite stunning, I see you have been using your Dylusions black again but to such great effect it has inspired me to get some too! Love all your embellies and love the fact that you love them so much.... safe journies. Hugs, Anne x

Helen said...

Well done for finishing - it is gorgeous and fabulous! Have a safe trip to Norfolk, the weather is awful this morning....

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, glad you finished it and its fantatic, will look great on the wall. Love the colours. As to collecting embellishments, we don't know what we need until we need it!! Emma

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous creation Hels. I would so love to spend an hour or 24 in your craft room. I'm fussy about how I store my stamps and ink pads. All very neatly in boxes divided and labelled - so I can find them. I'm using the dinner table right now and you can't see any table cloth because I have so much out. And the floor - well you've got to carefully step over and around stuff lol! Have a fab time x

Gerrina said...

I think it's become a great canvas! Love the light colours and the flowers! Have a nice weekend, Gerrina

Shazza said...

fab canvas hels, enjoy your visit x

Jenny Marples said...

Amazing canvas here Hels, and you definitely have been restrained with the embellies! I didn't recognise the papers (which I have!) until you said the name. Just how much can you transform them this way. Love it. Hugs, Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous paper blocking, and the finished canvas is an absolute feast for the eyes!
Alison x

Sue said...

I have to say that I have Stella Ruby too & didn't want to use it for ages. It looks amazing & a great way to use up old/odd bits. This is such a stunning piece I think I shall have a go over Christmas when I have nothing (ho ho)to do! Sx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

It's absolutely beautiful!!! I love the patchwork, but that cluster of goodness is fabulous...so much!!! Gorgeous color as well Hels!

Craftychris said...

Stunning! The patchwork with the paper is gorgeous and all those embellishments looks amazing! xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails