Friday 14 September 2012

Steampunkery Layering... PLUS Candy Winner!!!

....cor blimey and thrice! It is a week since I had my 5th Bloggy birthday and I have a winner of the candy I had up for grabs. More of that in a mo though (tee hee) I have had lots of fun playing with my Snazzy DT package for August - those Choc Baroque Steampunk stamps have been well used... and today is my final offering, a card! I have made four different things using the stamps, I wanted to show how cool stamping is, no matter the size of the stamp. HERE is Snazzy's blog and HERE is a linky to the shop, you know, in case you fancied a little treat. Ah yes, a sneak peek of my card too....



And... when I had collected together the four projects I have done, I thought to myself how different each one was. I mean, who can forget the over-excitement that meant I blogged a week early with my Steampunk Loco... tis a good job that the lovely guys at Snazzy's realise how daft I can be lol And the first piece that was the shadow box. So, I have two altered-y kind of things, a painty/spray kind of thingy and then a card. Here they all are....




Ok, so enough keeping you all in suspenders... time for the winner of the blog candy to be announced. So, I had 102 lovely comments - thanks everyone for your lovely kind words. There were a few double-ups where the same comment was posted twice (or three times in one case!) So I got rid of those so it was fair for everyone.... fed the numbers into Mr.Random.org and he chose... NUMBER 70 which tallies with a comment left by Patricia Howarth. Congrats Patricia, please can you email me with your address so I can pop the candy into the post for you :O))


Well, I promised yesterday that I would have pics of our day out to the seaside. It was a toss-up between Skeggy and Sarfend (said in my best Essex accent) Southend won because the weather forecast was better. We let the train take the strain and of course, there has to be an obligatory shot of a train station - here is the St Pancras Hotel, which fronts St Pancras International, in all her glory - isn't she a beaut? And yes, the sky really was that colour - they call it London Blue - very apt, being as this is London :O))




And then, naturally, a pic of Grim on a train - I have hundreds of pics like this... I am useless with a camera as you know so I was rather chuffed that this one turned out nice.


I had my donut (ok, I had two and a half - couldn't manage three whole ones, the holes in them were just too big for me *snort*) And, it is customary to NOT lick lips when eating said sugar encrusted donuts... hence me looking ever so slightly deranged.. I even have sugar on my shoulder and you don't want to know about the cascade that hit the bedroom floor when I took me bra off when we got home rofl I know you won't tell anyone, I can trust you with that right?



Here is Southend Pier... the longest pier in the world - or something like that... I was utterly distracted by the train... and yes, here it is ... and yes, we went on it lol **well, we had to, because I started to moan and whinge after about three paces down the pier, my feet were aching, my back was aching and it was hot!** We were very lucky with the weather - it was lovely and warm and I am now sporting a red shoulder... sunburn... in September, well I never!



I did manage to do a smidge of shopping in Southend too... never one to miss an opportunity and all that. Well, I managed to get a fabby pair of shoes... and because they were the only ones left, I got a discount too! Result!



Right then, I shall away... can you hear that noise? That is my bed, it is calling my name... and I am longing to fall right into it and snuggle my lovely duvet up around my neck and slide off to the Land of Nod. I may be some time - all that sea air has me fair pooped! Thanks for looking... as ever, thank you for your continued support, means loads to me. TTFN

Hels x

20 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

congrats to the candy winner, sob oh sob lol!
yep they call that sky london blue topaz!
ain't bin to sarfend in yeers!
Fab makes and those chocolate baroque stamps need to come to live with me lol! have a fab weekend Karen x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

So glad you had a great day!

Carole Z said...

Congrats Patricia! Glad you had a fun day, great pics..love your make and Choc Baroque stamps, I just got me some Halloween ones :) Carole Z X

Andrea said...

Hels loving the look of your snazzy piece and it looks like you had the bestest day at Southend. wow you were lucky with the weather and I was in the Isle of white this time last year and it to was sunny. well you pics are fab xx

Helen said...

What a great day, the sky is SOOOO blue.... hope it stays like it for the weekend.

Marleine said...

Morning Hels,
You look like you were having a great time in the photos. Love the card and other works of art. Have a good week end. X

Val in Spain xxx said...

Hi Hels, looks like a great fun day out. Great look with the stamps. Really must do more stamping.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, I can't believe I'm the Candy Winner, thank you so much, I can't wait, and thank you for all the congratulations.
All these projects are superb, Hels, I love them all. The colours are gorgeous and the stamps are 'right up my street' ha ha.
Your day in Southend looked fantastic, especially the pier, I have never been there but it looks stunning, especially the train. Have a lovely weekend.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Julia S-W said...

Trying not to cry as I read this and bravely saying congrats to Patricia!
Love what you've done with the Choc Bar stamps.
Your pictures tell a tale of a day well spent and some great fun too. Glad you liked the London blue too!
Have a great weekend.
Juliax

Linda said...

Lovely post Hels. Nice to see you having a day off, and it looks as though it was a good one! Great set of pics.
Congrats to the winner of the candy - wish it had been me (sigh!) xxx

Redanne said...

Hi Hels, what a fun day out you had and a new pair of showes too, can' be bad. Well done to Patricia, lucky lady! Love your makes too Hels, those stamps are now on my wish list - ever groaning, I mean growing. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Joanne said...

What an incredible day, sunshine too. Wow! we got rain, gales, more rain, more gales, freezing cold yesterday. Love those crafty samples especially the whizzing wings. Enjoy your kip, bet AlfieCat is licking your lips......
Hugs Joanne xx

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels
What a lovely day out to the seaside.
Loving all these projects and you helped get me into enjoying stamping, its just practice, the more stamping you do the easier it is. Emma

rachel said...

great photos Hels - so hard to eat donuts without licking your lips! Love your project too and well done to the candy winner xx

Rita said...

Congratulations Patricia, I'm sure you will have great fun with those goodies. Love your post Hels and all those beautiful photos. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Unknown said...

Lol! Crumbs in the bra, it happens to me too :-) don't worry, your secret is safe here ;) Maddy x

vinny said...

your day out brought back lots of memories for me as I come from Southend ! never appreciate it when you actually live there though Lol x Lavinia

Sue said...

Congratulations Patricia. Looks like you had a fab day in Southend - what a result with the weather & shoes!! Amazing pieces of art. Sx

Words and Pictures said...

Love your steampunk makes - the layered Choc Baroque piece is fab! Congrats to Patricia, and to you on your fun day out!!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Congratulations Patricia.

Love your steampunk - can't do that for toffee.

Talking of which - what lovely photos of you and Grim on your days out.

Doughnuts at Southend on Sea - did you get them from the sea front? Years ago I used to save up all my pennies - yes those original BIG pennies before decimal coins - and when we had enough pennies and halfpennies and threepenny bits, I used to take them to Southend Seafront in an old blue Ambulance I had - and we would spend a fabulous afternoon and evening at the seaside, and in the evenings, my two boys would have a handful of coins to spend in the amusement arcades. Those penny in the slot attractions - it kept them happily excited for an hour or so or even longer until their pennies ran out. By then it would be dark and time for home - but not without a trip to the doughnut kiosk on the front just under the sloping road, and we would watch the man dolloping the doughtnut mix for each on, onto the conveyer rack and it would slid into the hot fat - reappear, get flipped over and end up at the other end where he would toss it is lots of sugar and had each one to use in a paper wrap. My mouth is watering just thinking of those hot doughnuts¬

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails