Saturday 29 September 2012

A Gathering...

...corrrr blimey and thrice!  I had a F A B time demo-ing yesterday at Inspirations in Preston yesterday and met some lovely like minded ink-addicts.  I played, of course, I mean I worked very hard all day long... toiling away with Distress Ink and Stains *snort*  Thanks to all who popped by and kept me company during the day... and yes, I did get my finger's clean... hey, just use a Craft Scrubbie - job's a good 'un!



This here tag is the first of the day - using Bundled Sage Distress Ink to colour the tag, then adding a smidge of Forest Moss around the edges and then doing some tonal stamping with the same colours.  I faffed with some Grungepaper, cutting out the ickle birdy and the Branch Tree and colouring them with more Distress Inks and popping the tree on its side for the birdy to perch on.



The trim flowers were coloured with the same inks and once dried, I added some Rock Candy Stickles to add some subtle blingness to it.  I cut a strip of card and coloured it with Distress Stains for a more smooshy look and then stamped the Happy Holidays with Jet Black Archival, folding and snipping the card so it looks like a little banner.



This here piccie is before the gathering arrived.... and here are some of the ladies who came by to see me.




I shall lurves ya and leaves ya, I am fair pooped so am scheduling this again so I can get some zeds and be ready bright and early for my workshop today.  Thanks for looking... have a grand day and don't forget to check back tomorrow for a brand new Sunday Stamper theme.  TTFN!

Hels x

PS... I just have to say... I have had about 362 anonymous Spam comments on my blog in the last week and it is getting a bit irksome reading about how to go about buying drugs online or how to ...ahem... grow something big (and I don't mean vegetable lol)  So.  I have now had to make my comments Google account holders only.  Sorry about this... the only other way would be word verification and being as that is the spawn of the devil, I opted for the easy solution..... hope it doesn't affect your commenting ability because I lurves your comments.... ta x

32 comments:

Linda said...

Thats gorgeous hels :)

Pam said...

Loved your demos today Hels! I have lovely inky fingers tonight, after trying out some of the techniques you showed us :) x

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous tag!!!

Marleine said...

Morning Hels,
'Tis very pretty this tag. X

Regina said...

Beautiful!!! I have missed visiting with you..I love your work.

Hugs,
Regi

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous festive inkiness, a super tag Hel's & looks like a great time was had...Mel :)

Redanne said...

Beautiful tag today Hels, love that little birdie and how you did the branch. Also love that banner idea......such a shame about the spam, hope it goes away now! Have another lovely day. Crafty hugs, Anne x

barbiepinkfairy said...

Lovely tag! Enjoy your day!

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Absolutely stunning tag, I love it. I wish I could have been there yesterday to watch you demoing, I had the Eye Hospital instead, yuck !!
Have a good day at the workshops today.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Carol Plume said...

Totally gorgeous tag Hels! Gosh you're popular all those comments (jokes!) know what you mean tho' some of my spam doesn't even make sense!
Take care x

Carole Z said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag Hels and glad you had such a good day in Preston, a place that has happy memories for me as I used to have an auntie and uncle (sadly both passed on) who lived there when I was a young 'un! Thanks for sharing your pics, Carole Z X

craftimamma said...

Beautiful tag Hels. Bundled Sage is just about my fave colour and the little bird on his tree is lovely. That looked like a fab place to shop and would love to have watched your demos.

Have a good workshop today.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Joanne said...

Just having a quick read before i get ready to set off for a day of inkyness. Your tags were supreme especially the large ones.
Hugs Joanne xx

Trish Latimer said...

eeek...I see me!!!!!!
Fab meeting up with you yesterday hun, must do that again soon!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Annie said...

Hi Hels x love this tag, very inspirational, which is just what I need right now as Mr Mojo is acting up. Enjoy your workshop, hopefully some day I will get to one of them. Crafty hugs Annie x

Maisie Moonshine said...

I LOVE THIS! Beautiful colours and so evocative of the forthcoming festive season.

EmmaT said...

Morning Hels, lovely tag and colours, thanks for the tip of cleaning your hands, as after using distress inks i look like ive either been coal mining or if its red looks like ive murdered someone!!
I get those spam emails about 'growing' and it annoys me too, what b******s to do it to your blog.
Emma

Aquarius said...

Lucky ladies being able to see you playing (sorry working) with inks and things. Love the robin tag - very seasonal

Rita said...

What a Fantastic tag Hels. Enjoy your day of demos too. Sorry to hear that spam is getting through to your blog. Hugs Rita xx

Alexandra said...

Lovely tag Hels. Shame about those spam comments. I hate these too -same stuff, plus the odd one (or six)in my spam box with "important info" about the bank accounts I don't have...Grrrr!
I hadn't tried the Craft Scrubbie, but I just watched a youtube video showing it in action after reading here how well it works, I'm impressed, thanks for the tip.

Helen said...

I love the colour on your tag - bundled sage is one of my favourites. May have to go and use it right now... have a good weekend.

ellen vargo designs said...

Hi Hon - love the tag - as for the comments - you could use the option where comments have to be approved by you. That's what I use - no word verification, but you still have control over what gets published. Just a thought. Hope your class is going well - guess you're on a lunch break now... enjoy! Els xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous tag, love the colours & the little banner with sentiment. It will be a Christmas crafting frenzy soon! Know what you mean about the mindless spam - very frustrating. Sx

Anonymous said...

great tag Hels

Pat said...

Fab tag Hels. Would love to see one of your demonstrations one day.
Pat

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous tag Hels - I love the little bird on the branch and he's now on my list! Love those flowers at the bottom too.
I've had trouble with weird anonymous comments from YouTube - really annoying. I've put comment moderation on at the moment as I hate the word thingy - seems to be stopping mine (fingers crossed). It's horrible isn't it and they come out of nowhere!
Safe journey home.
Juliaxx

Mrs Beez said...

Gorgeous. Colours are divine. Love it!

Jenny Marples said...

Really getting into Christmas tags (at last!) and this is a doosie! Love that bundled sage colouring. Hugs, Buttons x

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful festive tag - the robin looks amazing against that lovely, fresh green! Looks like a great time was had by all...
Alison x

gayle said...

Gorgeous festive tag :) the robin is v. cute!

Planetsusie said...

I love the little birdie Hels - sooo cute. I would have loved to have seen the demos as well - boo hoo. Such a pretty tag.

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Karen Petitt said...

gorgeous!!! i love the green you've used on this, it was one i purchased recently and it's wonderful to use! such a cute little robin, think i'm going to have to be making some Xmas tags! Karen x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails