Sunday 24 June 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 211 - You Gotta Pick A Pocket Or Two

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy (albeit wet) summer Sunday to you all. Many thanks for all the amazing manly themed creations you entered last week... they were all so unique and fab! This week I have picked the song first and then worked the theme into it... mainly because I caught myself humming this the other day - gotta love a bit of Oliver, which is, my fave musical. (I even know all the words to all the songs... ) So, without further ado (or waffle) the theme this week is... POCKETS. To join in is simples; make a little something, it can be anything you fancy. Add in the theme and some stamping and then pop back here to leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry. If you haven't got a blog or web-photo-hosting-jobbywotsit, you can join in via Facebook or email me with a piccie of your creation. The theme will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 30th June 2012.


So. My idea this week was to actually make a pocket on my entry... but you could always feature a pocket shape if you don't want to make an actual pocket. Anyways, I picked three tags, ranging from mahoosive to diddy and used Destinations papers to cover the tags. I had this idea that the large tag would have a pocket for the smaller tags. Then I sussed that the medium size tag could have a pocket as well... so that got added too. I then cut lots of bits and bobs from the Destinations papers - have I ever told you that I LOVE these papers? They are chock full of travel themed ephemera and images... dur, that is maybe why Tim called it "Destinations" eh? (please don't tell anyone that I just sussed that one out will you, peeps will think I am a thicko lol)




I used my Dymo labeller machine thingy to punch words onto strips of paper which I then sanded to expose the embossed letters. Then I got all excited and rummaged through my stash of Studio 490 stamps... did you know that Wendy Vecchi is a total genius? I knew it already but I am just putting it out there anyways. Not only has she designed totes-amazeballs backgrounds and flowers, she also has a knack of finding cool tickets and sentiments. What excited me more than owt else though was the big ticket on Ticket For Art (LCS001) cos... it is the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Co ticket... and my BFF Ellen lives in Baltimore... so of course, that got used. I made out like I was the lady behind the ticket desk, writing out the ticket for some mad Brit who was waffling on about getting to Savage MD cos there's a really cool craft store there called The Queen's Ink. Well, I had a lovely time with my ancient old date stamp and some Vermillion ink.... and pretending to be writing in someone elses handwriting. Tis amazing how much fun I can make up for myself with a bit of paper, rubber and ink. (Poor old Hels needs a day out, she is going mad)


Anyways... that's my entry. I now have the urge to go and book flights to Baltimore though... just the small snag of not winning the Lotto last night though... ah well, there's always Wednesday night. Right, I shall away... hope you all have a fab Sunday. I shall be residing on the sofa, glued to the tellybox watching the British Touring Cars at Croft... Go PLATO!!! And ...later I am doing a Skype with Ellen, she has told me we are doing an I Challenge Thee too... oooh, more inkiness abounds! Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

35 comments:

Miriam said...

Fabulous as usual - look forward to trying this after I have slept for a few hours! Mmm... not really done anything with pockets before!!

Mandy Chilvers said...

inspired... will see if i can come up with anything!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...loVely theme Hel's & a gorgeous make from you...have a fabby day...Mel :)

Helen said...

Great tags, Hels and a challenging challenge... have a great day.

Joanne said...

Loved yesterday's piece - just got round to looking - and today's is lovely story. Missed you about of late so hope you feel better now.
Hugs Joanne xx

Jenny Marples said...

Genius project here Hels. Love the little details, especially that ticket. Looking forward to this challenge.
Hope you are on the road to feeling better. JP is sure to help - it occurred to me, if you look carefully he has the same eyes as Elijah Wood! Well, not the same - I'm sure they don't share them!! but you know what I mean. Now you're going to have to check out this theory by looking even closer eh? Oh the suffering we must endure to satisfy curiosity!!
Hugs, Buttons x

Carole Z said...

Fab theme Hels! Best get my thinking cap on! Carole Z x

Redanne said...

Fabulous tag Hels, love all the elements, so much to look at.....need to have a think now.

Rita said...

Good Morning to you Hels. I love what you have done, it looks superb. Now the question, can I do this challenge, of course I can Mmmmm. Off to play at making pockets methinks. Hugs Rita xx

Aquarius said...

Another brilliant theme and I just like how you've managed to get so many pockets onto your project.  Hope you feeling better now.  Here is my offering for this challenge

Keren said...

OOOH, what has it got in its pocketses,Precious? Love the detail in this. Hope you're feeling better.

ellen vargo designs said...

I LOVE IT! The B&O Railroad ticket is awesome! If only we could find a way for you to actually use it! Guess we'll have to keep buying lottery tix... looking forward to our "I Challenge Thee" session! Love & Hugs.... Els xxx

Bonnie McLain said...

Great Tag Hels... I love your choice of papers and all the fun stuff that you have used... LOVE IT!!! Hope you are feeling better with the CFS... not fun... I had it too... but changed my diet around and am okay now!!! Hope that your weather comes this way... LOL>.. we need the rain so very much... our soil is DRY... and everything is suffering..

Well I had fun AGAIN with this great challenge... and here it is...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2012/06/techniques-in-pocket.html

I will most likely add more tags after a while... when I get them finished... but have to watch that I don't get too many in there.. I am trying to do a tag for each technique that I know... it will take me a long time... but fun.. right??? A good goal...

Have a great day and week...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Sue said...

Ooh this is very different. Love those papers. I have 'pockets' going round in my head now but no idea what to do! Sx

Elaine said...

Guess you are doing a happy dance - Plato just won the last race!! Great tags this week - I actually got some crafting done between races today:
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/harry-potter.html

Gillian .... said...

Loving this collage of vintage ephemera Hels, thinking cap on. xxx

Shirl said...

Beautiful as usual Hels love the idea of pockets and you can see my pocket Here

Hugs Shirley x x

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great piece, off to get thinking!!! Hope you are feeling a bit better bless you! Hugs trace x

Redanne said...

Hi Hels, I am back with my entry:

http://www.bollyanne.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/two-challenges.html#comment-form

Crafty hugs, Anne x

craftimamma said...

This is brilliant Hels! Such a lot of detail and a smashing theme. Just wish I could find time to join in the challenge. Maybe one day when my Mamma Day Care duties lighten up a bit, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Mandy Chilvers said...

here's my pocket creation
http://mandysmagicalworldofart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/butterflies.html

Gillian .... said...

Only me .... back with my tag for this weeks theme:)

http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/depth-of-distress.html

Keren said...

Here's my offering.. hope you like!
http://ailego.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/it-was-on-monday-morning.html

Barb Cady said...

Love your tag Hels. Do hope you are feeling a bit chipper now love, so sorry you have not been feeling up to your usual self.
Here is my effort for this week:

http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/sunday-stamper-211-pockets.html

Sending you lots of hugs x

lalkygirl said...

fab pockets creation ...i love it
here is my pockets entry too
http://lalkygirl-my-creative-place.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/tag-pockets.html
happy crafting
tracey x

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels...here's my offering for this week x:)

http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/sunday-stamper-week-211-weds-27th-june.html

Inkypinkycraft said...

Hi Hels,
here is my entry
http://inkypinkycraft.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/pocketful-of-petals.html

trace x

Julia S-W said...

Great tags - as usual!!
Here's my entry - clearly you weren't reading my mind this week and my brain had to work hard!!

http://julialsw.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/pockets-on-beach-with-depth-of-distress.html

Juliaxx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Oh I so want to fill my pockets with tropical treasure Hels!
Holiday Longing is upon me check it out here
http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/possibilities-or-sweet-memories.html

Now I normally jump in and comment on your fantabulous creations just in case I don't get back but I have had a topsy turvy, upside down kind of week. Love your tags and pockets. Sad that you didn't win the Lotto but then I keep threatening to do that, so I can visit you. ( After the Olympics methinks ) See you Sunday for a little Inky Playtime!

Becky said...

Fab as usual here is mine
http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/pockets.html
Not quite finished

Jenny Marples said...

Back to share my offering. Hope your break has been great. Hugs, Buttons x
http://pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/patriotic-pocket.html

Carol said...

Great tag and it allowed me to use a Bigz Die I hadn't used yet.

http://carolscraftingadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Rita said...

Gosh, it will soon be Sunday again folks and here is me with my very rushed offering. Better late than never or so they say. Maybe Hel's is still on holiday and will not notice. Enjoy your week-end. Hugs Rita xx
Heres my Tag
+

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Talk about fabulous layers here...this is one I can stare at for eons! Love the old vintage feel as well! Cool challenge!!!

Here's mine...
http://theartfulmaven.blogspot.com/2012/06/honey-of-tag.html

Sue said...

Here is mine - apologies I know I am late but so didn't want to miss a Sunday Stamper post! Sx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails