Monday 16 April 2012

And Relax....

...cor blimey, what a totes-amazeballs weekend that just was! Alexandra Palace is my favest show... I think it is because it is such a lovely venue and there are soooo many stands to look at (I have never once managed to see them all) and of course, I get to sit and play with ink and Studio 490 stashly goodies all weekend... fun! Best of all, I also get to meet up with loads of lovely crafters - some whom I have been chatting with in Blogland and on emails... time to catch up with friends old and new... perfection eh?



So.. that there is my demo desk yesterday morning... I should have taken an "after" shot too... it was a whole lot messier than that by the time I had finished. I was sitting next to Julia this weekend... and I was full of intentions to get loads of pics during the show... so, Saturday, armed with camera, I set about taking pics... only to find the battery was dead ...whooops!!! So... re-charged battery and camera came back with me yesterday and the first thing I did was get a snap of Julia... it's a lovely pic isn't it?



And... if you nip over to Julia's blog, you will see some of her pics of the weekend... including this one of me... getting messy with ink....



Meeting up with Minxy, Gillian and Alison was as fab as ever... Gillian was my personal shopper for the weekend too... and thank you girls for keeping me fed and watered... here we all are, sitting on the steps yesterday afternoon.. posing with our Tim bags...




And then Minxy says that she has this journal book thingy and she wants me to add a page to it. Well, ok, I am rubbish at journalling, I just don't "get" it... but... Minxy was insistent.. and having been totally fazed by the other entries all in there from Lin, Leandra, Laura and Sam, I set about doing something Studio 490... and because I can "be like that", I added a grunge rose to the book too... well, Minxy will always remember that look on my face when I was trying to colour that page ... every time she can't close the book lol *snort*


Anyways... that's all for today... I have to unpack (yuk) my stuff... and put it away again.. and tidy the Room of Stash (all that sample making made it a bit... erm... messy) oh and I have some tellybox stuff to catch up on.. Dexter & Coronation Street omnibus, here I come!! Thanks for looking... have a grand day ... TTFN

Hels x

33 comments:

ellen vargo designs said...

Looks like you had a fab weekend - the pic of you & the girls on the steps makes me so wish I could have been there too. And that journal page... FAB-U-LOUS! Who says you can't journal... LOVE IT! xxx

Helen said...

I agree, your journalling looks ok to me - if a bit bulky, lol! Great to have a catch up on Saturday - here's to the next time!

Unknown said...

We did have a fab couple of days, didn't we? Your journal page turned out fab in the end - bet the book's a bit fat now though! lol. Hugs, Julia xxxx

wendy vecchi said...

AWESOME samples...sounds like a great INKY weekend.

LOVE the journal page!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Looks fab! Your weekend was one to enjoy and savour by the looks of it. One day I will get there! Fab makes. Zo xx

Kaz Hall said...

Hi Hels
Looks like you all had a faberoonie time would of loved to of got but I have the lurgy ....yuk! Love your journal page and that photo is great, looks like you could givevthe spice a run for there money!

Kazx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Sounds like you had a great time and you art , as always looks fab!!!! Hugs trace x

rachel said...

sounds like a fab day Hels - glad you had fun xx

Joanne said...

Just look at the size of some of those samples, mahooosive (in your words). Glad it went well.
Hugs Joanne xx

Gabrielle said...

What a great weekend round up! It was lovely to see you again and you now have a whole new fan club of 12 year olds who think your 'amazzzzzzzzzing'! But that could have something to do with the fact you told them all about being a train driver!

whyducks said...

That is a really great page and as for all your samples, Wow wow wow!

Julia Dunnit said...

Sounds fab, hope your back has withstood the strain...bet today you're absolutely finished!

Unknown said...

What fabulous photos and it was lovely to see you all - and having so much fun.

Rest up a bit this week won't you

Rita said...

What a Grreat Demo Table you have Hels. I would love any one of them. Sounds as if you truly enjoyed yourselves and the piccies are brilliany. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

Sarah said...

Great pics Hels - looks like you had a fab weekend. And lurve your journal page too; you CAN defo journal even if you 'don't get it'! Sarah x

Shazza said...

great piccies, especially the one of you lot with your Tim bags - jealous I wasn't able to join you all. Your samples look absolultely gorgeous as always Hels x

Aquarius said...

Sounds as if you had a wonderful weekend at Ally Pally - I'm envious.

Nicki said...

I had a brill time too, and loved your demo ~ so did the hubby! he wants me to make tons of roses now!
he loved all your samples and thought you was great, me too! so thanks for the demo and loved all your gorgeous creations too!
Nicki
x

LisaK said...

Great pics and glad you enjoyed yourself. It was a lovely show. Shame there aren't more in London.

Thank you so much for showing me the rose demo Hels (that's the one with the grunge paper that I took away :o)) and your samples were beautiful. The pics don't do em justice.

Sue said...

Glad you had such a great time & sorry that I didn't make that bid for freedom as hoped! Your samples look amazing. You can chill now! Sx

Candy C said...

Ahhh...I am so jealous! I would have loved to have been there! Looks like you girls were having such a wonderful time! What a great pic of your girls! Your stuff on your demo table was bee-u-tee-ful! And your flowers are always sooo stinkin' gorgeous...even if they DO stand up so you can't shut an art journal! :) <3 Candy

Miriam said...

Lovely journalling!! Also well jel of those bags - need to start looking with my eyes closed (?!)!!!

LOL!!!

Pat said...

Your demo table looks awesome, you obviously had a great weekend. Love your Tim's bags you all look very relaxed sitting on the steps. Take things a bit easy this week
Pat xx

Jenny Marples said...

Sooo good to catch up with you in person and get a real life close up of your amazing creations.
You were so generous with your time and suggestions and I will carry the memories of a fabulous day with me to brighten even the most dismal day.
Make sure you rest that back of yours and give yourself a well deserved rest.
Hugs as ever, Buttons x

The Scrappy Tree said...

Sounds like a fabby weekend!! Lots of lovelies to drool over LOL xx

Est xxx said...

Your demo table looks gorgeous, I'm demonstrating this weekend so shall take before and after photos...I'm messy too ;-) xx

Carol Plume said...

What fab samples. Love the photo of you all on the steps loving the bags xxx

Redanne said...

Love the pics and the items on your demo table are just stunning. Wish I could have been at Ally Pally, it is my favourite craft show ever - maybe next time (Son's birthday not being on that weekend again permitting).

Karen Petitt said...

Me very jealous of your lovely Tim bags lol! Lovelieness on your table too - wish I could have gone to Allie Pallie, looks like you were worked hard! hugs Karen x

Bonnie McLain said...

It sounds like you really had a blast... so very glad... also I would love for you to do a page for my journal too... I don't mind 'lumpy' flowers... mine is filled with them... LOL... also a lot of other big and bulky items... love them all... All the things on your table looked lovely.. wish I could have been there though... I would have loved it...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

p.s. you are a hoot!!! That is why I love coming here...

craftimamma said...

Wow, your table looks fantastic Hels! I was so envious keeping up with my Teamies' (Gillian and Minxy) tweets all weekend, Lol! My 3 best buddies were there and I've had full reports back about how long they stood watching your demos and how much Studio 490 stuff they bought as a result ;-).

Love your journal page for Minxy (I don't get journaling either) and good on ya for giving her a little bit of payback (with the rose) for being so cheeky, lmao!

Hope you've rested up now.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

The Taming of the Glue said...

Loved all of your samples at the show and am now totally inspired!
Glad you liked the piccie of the 4 of you I took..total suprise to see it on your blog!

Gillian .... said...

Yay what a FAB round up of a totally amazing weekend, your demo's & samples were equally brilliant and I managed to get one (woohoo). Love the pic of us all together (lol @ the timmy tote brigrade). xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails