Thursday 1 March 2012

Mrs Forgetful...

...yep, that's me. It has to be hormonal.. or an age thing. I mean, how hard is it to remember to take a photo or two? Especially when the camera is in your pocket? Well, I forgot... again! I was in Preston on Tuesday with the lovely girls at Inspirations, demo-ing lots of Ranger inkiness along with some Tim Holtz stuff and Studio 490 Art Parts.... always a winning combo. I have nicked this photo from Joanne... at least she remembered to take piccies.. oh and do hop on over to read her blog... bless her... she got a very special pressie from her lovely DH. It was so lovely to meet so many like minded inky stampers... thank you all for coming to see me and putting up with my waffling lol



I did get to take a couple of pics... well, only after everyone had gone home and I was packing up... and even then I only took two photo's of the Spool I made... totally forgot the tags and ATC's I had been making too... whooops! Here's the Spool... I combined Tim stamps with the Art Parts and lashings of Distress too.. oh and check out the ickle metal flowers... how cute are they!!! They are from Prima and I need some to come and live with me here in the Room of Stash... another forgetful moment as I fully intended to buy some and bring them home with me... and remembered when I was just getting on the train...




Another thing I noticed... I am getting "table blindness". Do you get that? You know, when you are sitting there crafting away and go to pick up something; scissors, heat tool, ink pad, pokey tool etc... and it is nowhere to be seen, apart from the fact that you were just using it. I have developed this and I am sure that I must have looked like a loon, sitting there saying "where's me scissors?" and the lovely ladies sitting watching must have thought "durrr, they are there, next to your hand" Anyways... I have a remedy for this affliction... look away... and then look back.. and you will see what you are looking for.


Remember yesterday I said about AlfieCat and the missing collar? Well, I spent half an hour rummaging in the Spinney... I got well and truly tangled in some brambles but to no avail. Not a single sign of the bright blue collar... there were a fair few false alarms because it seems that the local youth have decided to make a den in there, repleat with sleeping bag, broken down stereo and tinsel (don't ask) aswell as leaving empty Fosters cans (blue), Cheese & Onion crisp packets (blue) and Boost wrappers (blue) Yes, many false alarms in the sighting of the collar... so I came home. And popped into the garden to have a last look... and there it was... right where Alf had been sniffing earlier in the day... he could have told me it was there. So, the collar went back on... and promptly got flicked off... so I put it on again, and yep, off it came again. So, I gave up, went to the shops, bought a new one and that is now on him... with a padlock (joke!) Right... time for bed... lots of things to do today so I needs me some sleeps... thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

19 comments:

whyducks said...

Can't sleep and what do I see a lovely bloggy post from Hels, showing all her lovely arty stuff and giving me a smile. Maybe I should not sleep more often!

Belinda Basson said...

I had a chuckle at your loosing things you were just using and will give your tip a try. I am ALWAYS looking for something I have JUST used and then covered up...like my scissors on which I have now tied a BRIGHT pink ribbon to stick out from under those piles...works sometimes...Oh, I can so relate to this post! I am demoing on Saturday, will tie my scissors round my neck or to my pinny...

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Ya Hels.
I do the same thing...always forget to take pictures. LOl
Sweet art work as usual.
hugs lynn

Belinda Basson said...

PS: here in South Africa we have a local term for it: "loss kop" which is Afrikaans for "lost head"...direct translation but it really means forgetful...I loose my head often...

jude said...

I am just the same when crafting and get so annoyed with me self as ive just had it in my hand!Yet takes ages to find most time sat undrneath something or in front of me!So know worries i put it down to craft blindness...lol
Sounds like Alfie the cat likes anew collar every few weeks...lol
Glad you had good demo day hope nothing got pinched .Love the spool
hugs judex

Helen said...

That happens to me too, (not losing the collar, the can't see things under your nose bit!)
Gorgeous work again Hels.

Aquarius said...

Another brilliant project - lucky ladies who can watch your demonstrations. Had to smile at the cat collar saga.

veronica said...

I am always losing things too - there must be a scissor-shaped black hole here, I lose so many pairs - would you believe I even,lost a hougie board for 3 weeks? Alfie is brilliant if he can find his own collar - even if he does insist on a new one sometimes!

craftimamma said...

Ha! Ha! Naughty Alfie! Losing things that are under your nose seems to be a very common affliction with us crafters doesn't it. There's no hope for me though 'cos the other day I was looking all round my craftroom looking for my A3 green cutting mat which I was convinced I had moved with something left on it to dry!!! Wrong, after a good two minutes of staring at my desk and worksurfaces there it was smack in front of me where it always is. I'm convinced someone moved it and then put it back while I turned around ;-)!

Love your spool creation Hels and shame you forgot to get some of those pretty metal flowers. I love the little bird too.

Have a sunny day Hels!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Joanne said...

You couldn't find your craft stuff because it was hidden underneath amazing creations. To see your tags this time, was another special treat. All so very lovely, just like you...
Hugs Joanne xx

Redanne said...

I love your blog as it always gives me a good chuckle (much needed). I think you are the same as 99% of crafters Hels, quite normal. People who don't lose things are too tidy! Love the spool.

Rita said...

Always a joy to see what you get up to Hels. I love what you have done here and I'm sure there is still more to come. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

Next time Hels, you need to stick your camera to your forehead with dst!!! Glad you had a lovely time in Preston. The spool is beautiful.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I always lose my scissors and other bits and bobs and they are always in front of me, I suffer from table blindness frequently lol. Love your Art Parts pieces. Enjoy your workshops this weekend at Wendy's. Tracy x

Shazza said...

hi Hels, my friend Erika took some pics of you at the show. I was with her on Sunday and they were surprised and delighted that I knew you. Told them about you being a train driver - well impressed. She thought your samples were just amazing and said to tell you it was lovely to meet you x

Ann said...

Oh Hels I do exactly the same thing, I'm always losing stuff right under my nose, it's always when you've got lots of people surrounding you watching a demo too.....red face ;D
Anyhoo, I love your 'spools' they are sooo cool & the ickle birdie finishes it off too. Sounds like you had a fab time in Preston.
Hugs
Ann xxx

Unknown said...

He he, I also suffer from table blindness. I feel so relieved to know I'm not the only one! I gave up with collars after 6 months of replacing them.

Looks like you had fun with your art parts - lovely!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Hope you are ok. Just came on here to say I was so sorry to miss your last shows. Set them to video before our catastrophe and don't know if I will ever get it back. I thought the previous shows were fantastic - wonderful to see proper inkiness on C and C,

Lucy x

Barb Cady said...

Hi Hels! Hope you are not too exhausted by your busy weekend and are now sitting with a glass of boly and your feet up! Great day yesterday, thank you so much! I can vouch for the beautifullnes of your canvas having seen and drooled over it!
Used one of your lessons in my tag this week:

http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-stamper-195-lucy-in-sky-with.html

I'll be in touch soon! Have a well earned rest, love and hugs xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails