Tuesday 24 January 2012

Do You Want To Know A Secret?

...over on the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog this week the theme is to include a song title in the entry... all the deets are HERE. Aha, well, tis a simples on for me seeing as all my Sunday Stamper themes originate from song titles. And... Linda Ledbetter's lovely Grungy Monday challenge this week has the Cracklepaint Resist technique... the deets for which are HERE on Tim's YouTube channel and HERE for Linda's blog :O))



So, I made a tag... I know adventurous huh? Actually it is a bit more adventurous than normal for me because I managed to get the ickle sewing machine going again (after being banished to a shelf for the past few months because it made a weird noise and jammed.....) The song is "Do You Want To Know A Secret" by my favest band in the wholest widest worldest... The Beatles. The Cracklepaint of my choice was Milled Lavendar which is such a delicate colour... far to delicate for my big paws so I popped some Broken China, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves DI's over the top before stamping some nibs and a flourish over the top to make the resist.




I added a teensy tag to fit across the tag - making the "secret" bit... and stamped the word Dream in Jet Black Archival Ink. The little tag was coloured with the same DI's and overstamped with some Tim stamps and more black Archival and machine stitched onto the base tag. I made a little hole in the base tag and popped a Hitch Fastener through it and then used a mini paperclip to keep the tag-flap closed. I stamped another tidgy butterfly, coloured it and then stuck it on to be 3D'd.


The Ornate Plate also has some secret writing behind it... that is another Tim stamp, stamped in Coffee Archival and then the large butterfly (which was snipped from the Crowded Attic stack and coloured) was stuck over the top. I also added the swallow which was swiped with Picket Fence Cracklepaint and then squidged with Milled Lavendar Distress Stain.


I think that is it... this tag was actually born this morning at about 9.30am... and it has taken me ALL day to get it finished... you know when you have the idea there but nothing is making it right? Well, that is how today has been... I also have three other tags that have been Crackled... all in different colours... and all just sitting there looking dejected. I am going to go back to the desk of stash and try again... well, after I have got the tea on ... mmm, pork chops and roasties tonight... nomnomnnomnom... Right! Enough of my waffling already... Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

29 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the background Hels and the secret message is a great idea. Lovely colour palette and the butterfly is lovely. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Jacqueline said...

Oh ! That's gorgeous!!! LOVE the colours you've used.


Jackie xx

p.s. Thank you for your kind wishes. It means a lot ;) xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Really great, love the fab colours and your tea sounds yummy!!! Can almost smell it!!!!
Fab tag as always! Hugs trace x

craftimamma said...

Gorgeous colours Hels and I love the tag hiding the 'secret'.

~Great idea to recycle ideology from work past it's sell by date. It's something I try to do and you must get through quite a lot more than I do.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Helen said...

Those colours!!!!! Adorable combination. Love the butterfly, he's fab! In fact, it's all fab!

voodoo vixen said...

Love the colours you have used on your secret tag and the flutterby is gorgeous.

hazel said...

Fabulous tag - the colours are brilliant.
xxx Hazel.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, such a gorgeous tag, the colours are beautiful.

Joanne said...

I love the colours you have used on this and the swallow is so special. I haven't done any craft to day after a marathon card making session. Back to it tomorrow if the ironing fairy lets me.
Hugs Joanne xx

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Love it .......have to say was surprised you used these colours I don't think I have seen you use all these together before .....great choice .....they really look fantastic together .......just fabby x

trisha too said...

SO pretty; the colors are straight up beautiful!!

:)

Barb Cady said...

Yes I agree with all the others. The colours are great and I love the crackled bird!

whyducks said...

Oh my how yummy!

Trish Latimer said...

GORGEOUS colour combo Hels!

Dee in N.H. said...

Hels! That is gorgeous!!! I used to think I wasn't much for purple but you sent that notion right out the door! Fabulous colors!

Minxy said...

Super tag'age, love the ickle crackled birdy and the hidden message too xx

Candy C said...

Hels...your Grungy Monday tag is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the colors of the background! Your butterfly is gorgeous, too. And I love the pen nibs stamp at the bottom! <3 Candy

Candy C said...

Duh...forgot to say "thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show", too!!! See...I love your tag so much...you got me all flustered! <3 Candy

Sandy said...

Oh wow a dream in purple and blue. The Tag is smashing hun.
Brilliant design. I love them. xoxo

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love, Julia xx

Alison Horne said...

This is a really beautiful piece Hels,fab colours again, never thought I'd say it but am a bit tired of seven shades of brown, must be winter getting to me.x

Jennie Atkinson said...

Absolutely fabulous tag Hels and I love the colour combinations.

betjunroe said...

Love the vibrant colors Hels! The song choice is great too--love the Beatles! Bette

Lori said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE those colors!

Gillian .... said...

Ohhhh YUM, loving this colour combo, divine flutterby and the secret message is genius hun. xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

That door is wonderful, fabulous, awesome!!! Gorgeous coloration! And did you know your butterflies will go down in all things crafty history books? You always have the most beautiful butterflies!!! Fantastic work here Hels!!!

jude said...

Absolutely stunning just love it!
judex

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi! I love the colors you chose! The small tag flap is fabulous too! Still making wonderful creations, I see : ) Hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
*Sign up for our Newsletter

Cath Wilson said...

Wot? No flowers??? Sorry, but it's all the better for it - absolutely gorgeous colours and lovely work x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails