Friday 23 December 2011

Simon Says.... Tim & A Tag!!!

Oooh, I had a lovely afternoon yesterday faffing with all things Tim Holtz and have made a tag for my entry into the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge this week which is make a Tim Tag. I still haven't got past Day 3 of the 12 Tags of Christmas.... I have die cut all the pieces I need and that is my "thing to do" this evening... well, Grim is at work and Alfie is entertained with the Christmas tree, I have got all the shopping done (akkk... Morrison's at 8am... with about 500 people with the same idea as me lol) so a little time playing is in order methinks :O))



I coloured the tag with Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and sploshed a few dabbles of water on to it and then used the Crackle stamp and Vintage Photo to do a smidge of stamping on the background. I snipped some music score paper and popped this across the middle and then got all exciteable with Kraft Glassine paper.



The Pinecones are made from Glassine that was coloured with a few different brown Alcohol Inks... and then I used Gold Metallic Mixative and coloured a whole sheet with it... then scrumpled it up and dragged a Walnut Stain DI over the top.. loooove this antique and shabby look. I used some of the Pinecone paper to cut a lace border for the bottom of the tag and popped some gems over the top.




The baubles are coloured with Red Pepper Alcohol Ink to make berries and the larger ones were coloured with Gold Mixative... simply popping them into a baggy, squirting in the ink and giggling them about... how fab are they!!! I added some bling flourishes and added Idea-ology to decorate the tag and finished with a little Maya Road Star.




So... are you ready for Christmas? I am feeling very chuffty tuffty with myself this year... for the first time ever, I have all the gifts wrapped, cards made and sent, food shopped for... bread in the freezer cos we always run out in those two long days that the shops are shut (ahemmmm... takes tongue out of cheek) and... most importantly... a clear desk and tidy room! I know! I shall have to give this old halo a polish you know! Anyways... I had better get moving... I have 9 Tim Tags to make... oh and... the Sunday Stamper is actually starting tomorrow being as it is Christmas Day on Sunday.... so the challenge will be posted in the morning. Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

10 comments:

Helen said...

Great tag, Hels - won't have time to enter this one although I seem to remember it was a two weeker, so maybe later.... after the turkey!
Yes, I'm ready - even done some baking to take with me!!
Hope you have a great Christmas, see you soon!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag Hels, love all your layers of interest and beautifully put together. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. Have a fabulous Christmas Hels and Best Wishes for the New Year. Tracy x

Dee in N.H. said...

Well now, Santa is sure going to be impressed with you!! LOL! All done and ready is well done! Love your beautiful tag! Have yourself a really great holiday! I just need to wrap a few more gifts and then I'm done too!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Ww super organised, well we are ready for Santa and three excitable children will be glad when he arrives!!!! Shopping, well tomorrow at ...some yuck hour I guess! Have a good one! Hugs trace x

ellen vargo designs said...

GORGEOUS-NESS!!! Love all the glassine - 'specially those pine cones! And of course all the layers and bits and baubles - AWESOME! Thanks for playing along with Simon Says Stamp & Show! Merry Christmas to you and Grim, and Lots o' Love to both as well... Els xxx

fatmonica said...

I love it,especially the cones!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Really love the frame plate...a nice touch. And...all that bling...woohoo for bling!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful tag Hels, lovin' the pine cones!!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! x

anna christensen crafts said...

Fab tag, classy colours and brilliant bling! This is so gorgeous

Candy C said...

Beautiful tag Miss Hels! Love all of your layers of "stuff". The vintage lace is really pretty at the bottom. The pine cones and greenery look awesome. Love the bling, too! As always...beautiful work! Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails