Monday 5 December 2011

On The 3rd Day of Tagmas...

... The Duke of Distress gave to us... THIS coolio design. Oh yes, I have been avidly following the 12 Tags of Christmas and have managed to get Day 3 made. I am rather chuffed that Tim used the stamp and Texture Fade on this one because I have both (ahem!) and hadn't really thought about how to use them... and now I know. I have to say, I have done the whole re-inker on felt thing before and never got it right... so this time I tried really hard and it worked! Fab!!




Anyways... Tim had used a Kraft tag for his... and I haven't got any Kraft tags... an oversight on my part and I shall be rectifying that shortly... however, for the purposes of this tag, I improvised. I cut a tag from my Kraft Resist pad and used that, flipped over and glued to a white card tag. I am not sure if they are the same colour but it looks similar if nowt else. I am loving Heirloom Gold PP Mists on kraft colour... cor, a new fave I reckon.




I wanted to make a bigger statement with the foliage so I used the Holly Branch Alterations and made some pinecones... aren't they totes-amazeballs!! (actually, I should apologise for saying that word, I have watched too much I'm A Celebrity lol) And... actually, they aren't made pinecones, nope, these are real ones that Miriam very kindly gave to me at last weekends class... bless her... I have used them all now already. Anyways... I should stop with the waffle and get on with making Tag #4... I have been busy making samples for Tuesday... you should see the state of my paws! I never ever break nails... ever. They are always decent looking and not stumpy and horrid... but... this past few days I have snapped most of them on my right hand... akkk... I wonder if I will get away with wearing mittens on Tuesday? Hahaaaa... Right... better go... thanks for looking... TTFN!!

Hels x

13 comments:

ellen vargo designs said...

Too weird! We both used 2 jingle bells, we both used the rusty kind, and we both changed the greenery at the bottom and used REAL pinecones! (play music from Twilight Zone!) LOL! And we didn't even skype... Love your tag hon!

Fingers crossed for Tuesday! Knock 'em dead!

Els xxx

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous girl!! Love those bells and I have to tell you that I was wondering how you got those pine cones to look soooo real! LOL! Great job! Wishing you the best!

Helen said...

Great tag, Hels!!

Unknown said...

There I was thinking 'Gosh, that pine cone die creates such realistic pine cones' and then you go and burst my bubble! The real ones do look fab though. I've tried the re-inker technique too and it didn't work very well - need to use a more appropriate stamp methinks. See you tomorrow - not long now!! Julia xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great tag, love the addition of the real pinecones. :)

Rainbow Lady said...

Wonderful Hels... send you a pm on FB to ask what time you on on Tuesday... can't miss it. Love Cynthia x

Unknown said...

LOL I was thinking how good your pinecones were before I read that they were real ones - how great is that :)

Kirsten Alicia said...

Good job Hels, your tag is fab. I've managed to make a tag each day until now; tag #5 really has me stumped, I've no idea what I can substitute for Tim's technique.
I'm counting down for tomorrow, will be cheering you on.

Anonymous said...

Hello Hels, just found out you're on C/C. Really fab news, can't wait. Annette x

Carol Plume said...

after trying to make those pinecones all last night, getting exceptionally fustrated and believing that my die is faulty - I see yours and thought how the heck!!!! then I read they're real - no wonder they're so good!! rofl

great tag!

G Peplow said...

Hi there Hels, That's a brilliant tag:0) I know I haven't commented much lately but I often pop by. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow, I hope to be watching so have fun, Gay xxx

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Fab tag Hels ......doing this tag thing is fab ....wanted to say good luck for tomorrow have a ball x

Sid said...

Lovely tag Hels !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails