Friday 11 November 2011

Leaning On A Lamp Post...

...no, not me, that would be a bit daft 'cos it is freeeezing out there at the moment! The lamp post in question is the new Alterations Die one... which is a FAB die, I have to say... it even has a mini holly and berries component to it as well... super sweet! Anyways... as previously waffled about... I am supposed to be making in-roads into the Christmas Cardmaking Bonanza that should be happening in the Room of Stash. In actual fact I have been getting all painty and decorative, making another frame... instead of cards. I was rather chuffed that so many peeps left me lovely comments the other day telling me that sending out a Tag for Christmas this year is perfectly acceptable... ooohlala, that is probably what I will be doing then!




So... the frame is a plain wooden jobby from the Swedish shop... painted with another "old fave" paint... Malted Milk, a Ranger paint from the Jenni Bowlin collection. Don't worry, I still lurve my Traditional Tan more than anything but I needed a paler look on the frame... so Malted Milk is perfect. I gave the frame a good couple of coats, dried them... and then set about sanding them part back to the wood...then I slapped a splodge of Rock Candy Stickles onto the frame for some "blingability". **I said that last word with my tongue very firmly in my cheek... everything now-a-days seems to have an "ibility" or an "ality" attached to the end of the word... and this winds me up something chronic... so... blingability is just too annoying to use it again** (ahem, rant over....)




The background is cardstock coloured with Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain and then overstamped with some of the new Tim Holtz Xmas stamps... and decorated with the fabby Lamp Post which has been coloured Black Soot and embossed with Black EP's... and the little windowy bit has Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge with a slap of Glossy Accents over them to make it look like...erm... a window! The Pine Cones are made from Grungepaper and coloured with Gathered Twigs and then curled up... Mmm, I still ain't got this technique perfected, I am still trying though... very trying in fact rofl



Right, I had better a stop with the whittering and get myself back to the Desk of Ink... I have a special giveaway for tomorrow and... I am also working on a Saturday Show & Hels too... happy days! Oooo, but.. before I forget... THANK YOU for every one who has clicked to follow this blog... I now have 900 followers and I am over the moon!!! THANK YOU!!!!! Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

13 comments:

Lesley said...

WOW!!!! 90 followers.....how cool is that! Lovin the frame...very festive. I'm having a slight problem with the perfection of the pinecones as well. "Practice makes perfect" is not working for me at the mo!!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great frame and wow well done on the 900 followers!!!wow.I love some of the things in the Swedish shop!!great for altering!!! Mirror on my desk came from that shop!!!let's hope I make a half as good a job, like you have done with your frame!! Trace x

craftimamma said...

Oooh, well done on reaching the 900 Hels and very well deserved it is too.

Love this gorgeous little frame. You're doing it again ........... I thought I didn't need or even want that lamppost or any new Christmas stamps of which I have hundreds. Ooer, my determination not to succumb is wavering.............

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Helen said...

What a following! Your frame looks great, love the lamppost! Can't wait for tomorrow...

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous! I'm loving that tags will do for Christmas!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the 900 followers - how about getting to 1,000 - what a Christmas present that would be.

Love the frame - gorgeous - but your title is a PAIN (lol) as I can't get the George Formby song out of my head.

I'll leaning on a lampost at the corner of the street until a certain little Hels goes by.

Oh me, Oh my,..................

Fuchsia said...

Wow It's Awesome Hel's
I keep umming and arrring about the lamp post die I am having enough trouble with the pine cone myself LOL.

Love the colors .
Who's popular then !:0))

shirley said...

Love your frame Hels.
I thought I did not need the lamppost.
Congrats on 900 followers!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

I love your pine cones they look real enough to me..... this frame is beautiful just love it.......well done to you for the 900 followers i am not surprised though as you do come out with fantastic artwork. Mandy x

Maybe i will try a picture frame....no toooo scary lol

Anonymous said...

Fabulous frame! Congrats on 900 followers! I have six on my brand new blog! LOL

Lynne said...

Congrats on 900 followers....that is awesome!! Beautiful tag, and I spy that gorgeous new technique you used!!!!

Maggie said...

Wow and Wow fabulous frame have just got the lampost die and have cut soooo many just because I can lol they will get used though, was thinking of getting the pine cones but if you are have probs little old me has no chance!!! maybe I should think again!

Maggie

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oooh, that's gorgeous!! I think the pinecones are fab. Congrats on the 900 followers, next stop 1000!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails