Sunday 23 October 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 177 - Forever Autumn

Goodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all. Thank you for all the lovely leafy entries into last weeks challenge... this week I am sticking with the seasonal feel and have chosen a doubleheader theme... AUTUMN &/or COLOURS OF AUTUMN. To join in is simples... all you need to do is make a little something (it can be anything you fancy), include the theme and some stamping, hop back here to leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and then I can pop over to see you. If you don't have a blog, you can email me a piccie or leave a comment with a link to your photo-hosting place. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 29th October 2011.




So... my entry this week incorporates both parts of the theme... the colours on the tag are what I think Autumn looks like and the word is... erm... Autumn... so that fits too lol I used Distress Inks to blend onto my tag base; Wild Honey, Crushed Olive, Rusty Hinge, Seedless Preserves and Gathered Twigs. I did a bit of spritzing with water to create a blotchy look and then over stamped the script using Monarch Orange Archival Ink.


The spider web was stamped in Coffee Archival, I wanted it to be there but not "in your face" there, if you know what I mean... and then the birds were stamped in Jet Black Archival so they pop off the tag a bit more. The flower was made by cutting the Autumnal papers from the Seasonal Stash and the spikey flower from the Tattered Florals die... I just scrunched them, glued them together and then added Seedless Preserves to the edges. The centre of the flower is actually made from Idea-ology Foliage which I painted with Traditional Tan paint and then added Distress Stains over the top once dried.



The leaves were cut from the same paper but the "plain" side... coloured with Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick and Forest Moss DI's... and I folded the leaves so they had "veins" and rubbed the Fired Brick pad onto them. We have some trees in the Spinney that have leaves with red veins, which is where the inspiration came from.



The Trim was coloured with Distress Stains... Crushed Olive and Rusty Hinge, as was the Seam Binding ribbons... and I added a Facet that I had popped onto some more of the Seasonal Paper to make a dangly embellie. Right then, time to get a move on get some tidying up done... believe it or not, before I went away I cleared the Room of Stash... it was spotless... **I even... ahem... dusted the shelves!** Now it looks like a bomb has gone off again... see, doesn't take me long to make a nice old mess! Thanks for looking... have a lovely Sunday... TTFN

Hels x

27 comments:

Mary said...

This is so beautiful! I love fall colors and you have captured everything that is great about them. Inspired to go play with my fall Distress Inks now! =)

Sandy said...

Wow hun your Tag work rock.
So gorgeous details. I love them.

Have a wonderful sunday my dear friend. xoxo

Joanne said...

A beautiful tag - again! I love the colours of autumn and you've captured them perfectly.
hugs Joanne xx

Helen said...

Your tag is gorgeous! Took time this morning to get inky - and combined with Grungy Monday - a real quickie!! My Autumn card is here

Alison Horne said...

ooh more orange! love the use of foliage bits in the flower, gorgeous.xx back with mine later in the week.Don't usually get it tog. till Saturday! only just in time again for last weeks ;}

Shazza said...

it is fab Hels x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Ooooh, gorgeous tag, Hels. The colours are so vibrant. I keep forgetting about these challenges, I must make an effort to do something this week. Hope you're having a great weekend.

betjunroe said...

Love the colors Hels! Your tag has me in the mood to decorate for autumn now. So glad you had a nice time here and it was great to meet you. I just love the tag I won--you are a very talented gal! Bette

whyducks said...

Not colours I would normally warm too but it is great Hels!

Cath Wilson said...

I LOVE Autumn colours, Hels but so many of them to choose from, so I've gone with these:

http://katykrunch.blogspot.com/2011/10/lots-of-challenges.html

Thanks for the fun x

BarbaraW said...

Hels, your tag is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colors and all the dimension.
Here's what I came up with:
http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-and-thanksgiving.html

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous colours and design Hels, so autumnal.
Mine is here -
http://bumblebeesandbutterflieswithbrenda.blogspot.com/2011/10/free-pumpkins.html
Have a great week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Brenda Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison Horne said...

Hi Hels, have just realised link did not go to my sunday stampers project, Heres the right one. oops!
http://alitalksblogs.blogspot.com/2011/10/ommmmmmmmmmm.html

Jacqueline said...

Ooooh! LOVE the colours in that tag! Gorgeous!

Here's my entry for this weeks challenge, a piece that I had started at Jenny's workshop on saturday and managed to get finished off today! :)

http://jacquelinescraftyblog.blogspot.com/


Jackie x
Jackie x

Joanne said...

Had a little go this week.
http://mytobyjug.blogspot.com/2011/10/grungy-monday-24-perfect-distress.html
See ya.
Hugs Joanne xx

Daniele said...

gorgeous tag I haven't played in a while so I thought I'd join in this week with a card that I made using Autumn colours hope you are well
hugs

Bonnie McLain said...

So glad you had a wonderful time in the US Hels, that is super great...
I love Autumn too ... so I had a rather hard time deciding which tag to use... so I put all three up... LOL... I do LOVE autumn... Hope you have a wonderful one...
Love, Light and Peace Bonnie

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-tags-for-all-different-thoughts.html

Gabrielle said...

I love this one Hels - soooo pretty! My effort is here - http://gabrielle-price.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn.html

Mary said...

My first time entering! =)
http://mbm-madebymary.blogspot.com/2011/10/some-fall-crafts.html

The second project on this post is the one I intended to enter, although the first one has fall colors as well. =)

Elaine said...

Great tag as ever. I love this time of year with all the deep rich colours so made the effort to get my inks out!! Hope you like.
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-leaves.html

inga said...

This is my first time on your site and it's great. Here you can find my Card for the Fall Theme.http://expressionsbyinga.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-blessings.html

Sara said...

Hi Love the tag and all the embellishments you manage to get on, here is my take on Autumn and the autumn colours I love http://mypreciouscraftymoments.blogspot.com/2011/10/tag-4-autumn-colours.html Bye for now

Barb Cady said...

Love your Tag Hels, such beautiful details. It has got me going again after Mojo has been AWOL!
Here is my attempt:
http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.com/2011/10/sunday-stamper-week-177-forever-autumn.html

Marjie Kemper said...

Super gorgeous, Hels! Love your colors and the stacked flower is amazing. Our leaves are in full glory right now and I used the colors I'm seeing here in NY:

http://tinyurl.com/marjie24

Ephemera said...

Love your tag, the colours are really rich and sumptuous, great to celebrate what a lovely autumn weather we are having. This is my card

http://ephemerasattic.blogspot.com/2011/10/gypsy-life-for-me.html

XX

Sue Campbell said...

love the colours

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails