Wednesday 14 September 2011

WOYWW... A Winner and... A Birdy Cage...

... aha! A whole week has whizzed past in the usual blur to bring us safely forward to another Wednesday... which means only one thing in this world we call BlogLandia... yes, time for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday... or WOYWW as it is more commonly known. Actually, I call it WOYWUHW... that's how I say it... do you say the letters or are you a lazy bones like me and string them all together? Well, I know what I am on about... which does help... sometimes lol Anyways... WOYWW is hosted by the effervescent Julia Dunnit... pop across to see her blog and have a good read, she is a wordsmith extraordinaire which makes reading her posts ever so fun....





Anyways... that there piccie is my desk... as of 08hundred hours this morning... a box with Idea-ology waiting to be picked at and then tidied away... and Sebastian Sewing Machine, who now lives permanently on my desk... poor old ATG gun has been demoted to the floor of all places! There's a gaping hole under my desk... my Studio 490 stamps live there and at the moment they are all over the floor too... cos I was playing with them yesterday and inadvertantly forgot the "#1 rule of the Room of Stash... which is to tidy away every night before going to bed... ahem... I will do it now... I will... honest... well, after I have told you about the winner of my Bloggy Birthday T'Pouch... that there is a reminder pic of it... so... ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN COMMENTS!!!! WOWZERS!!!! Thank you one and all for your lovely comments and sentiments... loved reading all of them and if I haven't got back to repling yet, please do bear with... am getting through them ;O)) So... 111 was fed into Mr. Random.org and he said #89 which tallies with a comment from Caz Newton... so... congrats to Caz and please can I have your addy so I can pop the T'Pouch into the post for you?



Moving on... Frankie has been busy and hosted a Bird Cage swap... and today is the day that we show what we made... yes, I know, I goofed and showed mine a little early but... I did make two so... here they are together!



Right... enough waffling and prevaricating... there's a room to be tidied... cards to be made... blogs to be hopped and... if I stay here much longer I will end up boring you all with the fact that it is now less than a month until I jet off to the US of A to spend time with Ellen and to take some classes with THE Wendy Vecchi... I know... I am doing you a favour by going now, otherwise I could be boring you all silly with the level of excitement that is bubbling up inside me and my nerves about having my case ransacked again by Border Security... but I won't so I shall just say... Thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

32 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow! lessons from another master (or should I say mistress). You will be able to teach the world when you return. As for your desk, I reckon if you start now to tidy up, you will have it done by the time you go LOL.
Hugs Joanne xx

Helen said...

Love your birdcage tags, and well done to your t'pouch winner. Your desk doesn't look too bad today - though as we can't see the floor..... love the cover you made for your Tim stamps on the desk there!

Sarah said...

loving the taggy twins. Glad the sewing is going well - are you up to a zig-zag yet? You must be so darn excited about the trip so waffle on I say.
Thanks for sharing today! Sarah (at 2)

Sandy said...

Wow the tags are amazing hun.
So wonderful play. I love them all. xoxo

Jen said...

Love bird cage tags.
Jen x

Neil said...

Beautiful tag as always, thanks for sharing your space this week. Hope you have a good day.

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah to hell with tidying up Hels,...it looks pretty good from here. I realised today that you have named most of your inanimates - Sebastian sewing machine, for some reason, really makes me grin! Finally got my CStamper and really enjoyed your interview. You're a heart on the sleeve gal, as a reader of your blog, there was nothing I didn't know...but it was punch full of your personality. Really liked it. I did the tag swap too, but forgot to photo it. Nerves prolly - maybe Neil will show it for me!

Karen said...

Beautiful tags, I love the look of them but haven't been brave enough to have a go yet. Enjoy WOYWW!

Annie said...

Love the tags Hels.
A x

jude said...

Gosh im so jealous !Do you need someone to carry your case ,especially comng home with all thoughs cheetos your as bad as my youngest cheetos mad oh and jolly ranshers!
Your tags are fab!Have god creative wednesday
hugs judex

shazsilverwolf said...

Love those tags, and really enjoyed reading about you in this months Craft Stamper. A Train Driver! Wow!Happy WOYWW,Shaz

voodoo vixen said...

Desk is looking awfully tidy really... but then you didn't reveal the floor!! So the sewing machine has ousted the ATG gun??? Mine sits on the other desk and occasionally I put it away... then realise I want to use it.. :( Love the tags with the bird cages!!

JoZart Designs said...

Never mind carry your case, I'm on a crash diet so I fit in it. Oh but then you couldn't bring back much stash and I'm so kind and thoughtful that I won't deny you that.
Lucky you!!!
Great desk and lots of great art too.
joZarty x

Kate said...

Bird cage swap, what a fab idea.

** Kate **

Alison Horne said...

I know you have a mini sewing machine, but he appears to be so small I cannot see him, maybe I need new glasses before I test the eyesight of any more train drivers!
Pretty birdy tags and thanks for the reminder that we post these for viewing today, must do mine tonight. You must be SO excited about your trip,pass the Tena Ladies.x

Rainbow Lady said...

Loving your gorgeous birdcages xx

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

Just leave holes in between the stamps so you can dance your way to and from the desk - it'll all be fine ;)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like the Love Potion No 9 best, especially the blue rose at the side, yummy. I'm excited for your trip - can feel you bubbling from here! xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely tag, hope you managed to tidy the room of stash. Have a happy Wednesday! Mel #51

Kezzy said...

Wow lessons from Wendy Vecchi bet you can't wait, I also guess that you have had many offers of holding your case!!! Lol. Love the desk and wondering if your planning to decorate the box on your desk? Beautiful tags for the swap, I joined in to and really enjoyed it, I had only ever done the woyww 2nd pass it on, but now I have the bug, just got to find where crafters swap lol. Kezzy x

Kathryn said...

Wonderful, fabulous work and, as always, I'm totally in awe!
Have a great trip!!!
BTW... crunchy or puffy Cheetos?
hugs!
kat

Anonymous said...

simply stunning, as ever. I love looking at your projects - that blue rose sets my eyes alight. DH managed to take my CS off to the office in a stack of mail and I;ve oly just gotten it back so planning a long languid read of it later!

Mary Anne

Mrs A. said...

Love your twin tags. If you wear several layers of your clothes coming home you will have more room and be lighter for bringing more stash home. I always get caught for the random checks going through the airports. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Hels, you know, I'm not normally someone who suffers from jealousy but if I tell you that I've got a rather virulent shade of green on learning that you're not only tripping over to the US but your going to be taking lessons from the revered Ms Vecchi! Many thanks for the tut on the T'Pouch - it's now on my official 'to-do' list. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #50

Elizabeth said...

That should be #121 this week - seems I'm a week behind :)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

A wooden box and a Backgammon game board. Interesting, Do yo play the game?
Great bird cages and tags, You do so well with them.
A neighboring town has the World's Largest CHEETO on display..bet your excited once again, Enjoy and be safe.

Anonymous said...

The floor is just a super dooper large desk anyway, I use it all the time, it's how my desk is always so beautiful and tidy, lol!! And be honest, we all know the trip to the US isn't for Ellen or even Wendy.... it's so you can stock up on Cheetos again!!

Hugs
Brenda 88

Sunshine Girl said...

Love the tags - lucky you going Stateside for classes! hope you enjoyed the tidying up as I am sure you did do it! tee hee

Shoshi said...

Love your room, Hels - so bright and busy! Love the 2 tags, too. Great work. Hope you have an awesome trip to the US.

okienurse said...

Just wanted to pop by to visit your blog this week and say hello and see what you are up to! Didn't have the time to post(except about newest Doswell addition) or craft the past two weeks due to being in Virginia visiting with the son's family to see the newest granddaughter born. Definitely a fun time none the less. Hope you have a great week. Vickie aka okienurse

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i don't say the letters one by one (does anyone?) for me it is WOYWUH (without the last W, i just realized now).
that box from idealogy sounds great! as are the tags.
thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Tertia said...

WOW! That bird cage tag is gorgeous!!!
Happy very belated WOYWW

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails