Saturday 11 June 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 158 - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker

Goodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all! Thank you all for the lovely entries last week... it was grand to see that so many of you have the exact same "fave stash" as me! The new theme this week is loosely based on the song title...well, you can't fault me for trying to get a song to tie in... so... without further ado... the theme for this week is... STEAMPUNK. As ever, to join in with the challenge, all you need to do is make a little something - it can be anything you fancy - include some stamping and the theme and then leave a comment for me here along with a link to the place you are showing your entry. I will then hop on over to see you. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 18th June 2011.


Now... I am one for making the odd tag or ten a week and for my entry this week I decided to make a little pouch for the tag to slip into. The idea started as just a little simple card pouch, simply decorated with a normal kind of tag in it.... erm.... weeeeell... I went a bit over the top with the tag... and then really over the top with the pouch! I made the pouch by measuring up the tag against a piece of white cardstock, then scored some foldy bits on the card and folded it, swore a bit... refolded it, screwed it up, chucked it in the bin... got it out again, straightened it out... measured the original measurements against a new piece of card... and... ended up with this rather rough around the edges affair.




I covered all the edges and inside of the pouch with Antique Linen Distress Stains and then used Burshed Corduroy Distress Ink to blend right on the folds to make it look a bit old and grubby. I cut a couple of pieces of Crowded Attic paper and gave them a swish with a babywipe loaded with Trad Tan paint... used Distress Stains to make a smooshyness of ink onto the craft sheet, dipped, dried etc until I had the look I wanted. The old date stamp really is ancient, dating from 1948... so I used a thin Sharpie and made the 9 into an 8... so it is now the 1840's & 50's... more Victorian for the Steampunk era... although I am not sure exactly what the dates of Steampunk are... but it is artistic license lol




The pouch got thoroughly loaded with goodies... a rose made from Kraft Resist and Tattered Florals & Leaves Alterations... some Idea-ology and some rather splendidly rusty screws that I nicked from Grim's garagey drawer unit thingy...ssssh... he doesn't know yet lol the ickle bolts are Industrial Chic... I got those in Michael's... we need a Michael's in the UK!!! I cut an On The Edge Gear border, painted the card, added Vintage Photo Stains and dried off with the heatgun.


The tag was streaked with Trad Tan and applied with Broken China and Faded Jeans Stains... with a smidge of Vintage Photo ... then overstamped with Coffee Archival and Tim's Steampunk stamps... The border is a ruler from the Crowded Attic stack, popped onto mountboard and a little snap thingy added to the end of it. The rest of the decorations were just layered on randomly so it looks a bit haphazard.


So! There you go... I loved making this pouchy thing so I will be making more... and... I will deffo get a template next time... that will save faffing about! Thank you for all the lovely messages etc about THAT Steampunk Bird stamp I was seeking yesterday... hurrah and thrice and hooooge thanks to Sioux who found it... it is Scroll Works Stamps... apparently they are closing so I nipped in quickly and ordered it... well, it can be my birthday pressie to me... did I mention it is my birthday tomorrow?? Probably... tis a goodly excuse to eat lots of cake :O) Right... time to get myself off to bed.. thanks for looking... have a fab week everyone... TTFN

Hels x

29 comments:

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous tags, Hels!

Here is my entry.

http://artic-blonde-creations.blogspot.com/2011/06/sunday-stamper-steampunk.html

Daniele said...

gorgeous tag.....I have to tell you this funny dream I had last night I was crafting away and all I kept asking the teacher for was more Trad. Tan, see what you've done I'm even dreamin' of the stuff......rofl
have a lovely Sunday

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

This is stunning!
hope to find time to join in this week...
xx

Helen said...

how fab this tag and it's pocket are! I hope to join in soon... but it may have to wait till the TH steampunk set I ordered yesterday arrives, LOL!
Have a great birthday tomorrow, enjoy cake!

Joanne said...

Wow you have put some work into this fabby piece. However, I'm not sure about 'the old date stamp, which dates back to 1948 being really ancient'. I date back to 1948!!!!!!!!
Hugs Joanne xx

Kaz Hall said...

Love this weeks theme hels.....will try and get round to this one love your make too, fabulous!!

kazx

Candy C said...

Hels your tags are beautiful! Love your Steampunk! They are amazing!!! Your attention to detail and all the elements you put together to use on your tags is amazing! LOVE IT!! <3 Candy

Nicks said...

had a bit of a play today

http://nicksartystuff.blogspot.com/2011/06/angel-devil-and-bit-of-steampunk.html

PS is it your birthday soon?

Becky said...

happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Hels, happy birthday to you! :)Okay, tomorrow, but I think we should all celebrate our birthdays for at least a week. Enjoy your cake, I shall have a cupcake in your honor.

Dragon said...

Hi Hels... I shall HAVE to do this one, cos I LOVE steampunk and I have MR. Holtz stamps waiting to be christened !!! Hey WHat GREAT comments on my blog AND you CAN go to the ball... no sorry, I mean you CAN still do a winged things tag, it's NOT ended!!! Please, pretty please, I would LOVE it!!!
Frankie
xx

Rika said...

These are gorgeous!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that is STUNNING.

Angie said...

This is amazing ...so much to see ...so much technique and creativity.

Katja said...

Fantastic work!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow. now thats some tag!
I wish I would have checked your blog earlier, Jacque from Scrolls work is a good friend of mine. I could have got the stamp for your B-day.
hopefully will be able to join in this week, its right up my alley!
hugs lynn

Sue Campbell said...

Hi Hels This is great. I think Steampunk has to be one of my favs.I finished my entry then my order of Tim Holtz steampunk stamps & light bulbs arrived!!Typical

Barb Cady said...

This is a really good challenge Hels, enjoyed doing it. Love your example, especially the idea of the pocket!
Here is my entry:

http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.com/2011/06/sunday-stamper-week-158-steampunk.html

Gillian .... said...

Hey Hun, the tg and pouch are truly amazing ... they couldn't be anymore perfect if you tried, the attention detail always leaves me speechless. Have a fab birthday sweetie. xx

My steampunk entry this week -

http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/2011/06/head-is-machine-steampunk.html

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your work, here are my entries:
http://bastelmania-craftattack.blogspot.com/2011/06/steampunk-and-flowers.html

Dragon said...

Well I am back like I said... hope you like it!!
http://dragon-dragonsweb.blogspot.com/2011/06/three-challenges-again.html

Frankie
xx

StampDancer said...

This is so amazing! Love the idea of your tag pouch. This is a fun challenge! My offering is here.
Deb

Jane said...

Fabulous! You packed more into one 'little' tag than I have ever seen. I loved discovering each and every detailed element. Happy Birthday to you! on your special week. Your cake looked delish.

Here is my entry for this week: http://creativestamping-jane.blogspot.com/2011/06/sunday-stampers-steampunk.html

Helen said...

Gorgeous tag and pouch! My card is here http://stampingbyh.blogspot.com/2011/06/whats-on-your-workdesk-i-got-shopping.html

PsyPenguin said...

Wow, your tag and pouch are absolutely fantastic! so many beautiful elements.

Love the theme this week. Here is my entry
...and a bit belated happy birthday :0)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous piece Hels, I love the idea of the pocket for the tag. Love all the layers and wonderfully embellished as always, a girl after my own heart LOL. My Sunday Stamper piece is HERE. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Joan said...

Fab tag and pocket, love all the embellishments. My tag is on my bloghttp://latenightstamping.blogspot.com/2011/06/air-mail.html

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your tag AND your pouch. Lots of eye candy! Here's my entry:

http://marjiekemper.typepad.com/my-blog/2011/06/sunday-stamper-steampunk-tag-1.html

BarbaraW said...

isn't Steampunk Fun! Here's my take on the challenge:
http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2011/06/steampunk-masculine.html

Karen said...

Ok, can't figure out how to add a link. I loved this challenge and have been singing Sheena Is... all week.
Here's my card:
http://thedaleystamper.blogspot.com/2011/06/steampunk-challenge.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails