Thursday 30 June 2011

Simon Says....

...get a better internet connection!!! Actually he didn't say that but that is something that is deffo needed here at Chez Sheridan... more of that in a mo because I need to tell you about the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge this week. The theme is to Show A Word... so, haha, I happen to have a rather lovely stamp that is 297 years old and is a woodie... and it is also one of the original designs by the Duke of Distress and 297 years ago it used to find itself onto everything I made. And then, alas, I stopped using it.. in fact I can safely say it is a yonk and a half since I used it... then Dan comes to stay for the weekend and dusts it off the shelf and that is it, I need to use it... BTW, to see the amazing technique that Dan made up, click here to be whizzed off to his blog.


So... armed with the old Dream woodie, I attacked my Kraft Resist pad and went bonkers with the paper trimmer and made another tag-pouch - which, BTW, Dan suggested is now called a T'Pouch... so that is what it will be called from this day forth! Lots of Trad Tan and Distress Stains and Inks later, a bit of stamping and some chopping about, the T'Pouch was done... apart from the word.



I wasn't happy with the word just stamped onto the pouch... and I wasn't happy with just a plain scrap for it to sit on... so I made a banner... well, it is supposed to be a banner, although I do think my interpretation of a banner is somewhat removed from what an actual banner is.



Cor blimey, that was a whole lot of waffling about T'Pouches and stuff wasn't it??? No need to answer that lol So... yesterday I got myself all set up for a morning of desk hopping... got onto the internet and kapow... it stopped working... not a single whiff of connectivity! So, my lovely and rather handsome (even if I do say so myself) Tech Guy (in fact, that is Grim lol) spent 35 years yesterday sorting it out and by the time it was fixed it was time for The Apprentice so I never got chance to desk hop and today... well, projects are piling up so I won't get much time... I will try though... honest!



I got bitten yesterday... not by a wolf or anything alarming... although I think a wolf bite would be less annoying... no, it was a mozi.. or a gnat (another word I like... gnat) So... it has been very rude and has gone up my shirt and bitten me right in the place that is just out of reach of fingers... in the middle of my back! Grrr.. I have been rubbing myself up against door frames and rolling around on the carpet (blimey, that sounds naughty!) and now have resorted to using a ruler to itch the pesky bite.. I know you aren't s'posed to but... it is driving me nuts!!! Anyways... apart from the bite I am feeling more normal than I have for a fortnight because I went to see my Doc and he said that the new meds aren't working and the side effects are too bad... so I have stopped them. They made me hot, thirsty and a bit grumpy... not to mention the headaches! The thirst got out of hand over the weekend and I think that three pints of water and 12 cans of Diet Coke in a day is excessive... you should have seen his face when I told him that! Anyways, I am off them and already feeling heaps better... pain is still rubbish but hey, the new meds didn't make a jot of difference so... back to the drawing board again. Right... I have waffled on enough for one day... time to get inky again... thanks for looking... TTFN!

Hels x

12 comments:

Dragon said...

Well isn't this just gor gee us as always, mistress Hels my woman!!! I am lovin it lots - the tag and t'pouch NOT your itchiness or bad reaction to meds!!! Off to play with alcohol inks and worms... oh no!! that should be w.o.r.d.s tee hee
Frankie
xx

Helen said...

Love the tag and the pouch - Love that dream stamp. Think I need it....
Hope you get your pain med sorted soon, must be a right - was going to say pain...
Off to Newbury on Saturday. You should see the things on my list - tis growing by the day.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

A bit of humor..and feeling the pain with you, Aloe helps bites. Totally love your DREAM banner. Great tag/card love the colors too. Enjoy the weekend. Will be CELEBRATING in US with the 4th of July holiday. Fireworks and Fun.

Andrea said...

I thought hot, thirsty and a bit grumpy was normal for you Hels, is that why you beat Dan and I at the weekend with your ruler and made us sit in the corner because of your meds, well I will excuse you now I know that :-) love the T-Pouch its scrummy and love the colour to, hope you are soon less grumpy, lots love my friend xx

Dan said...

Lovely tag, extra grungy, just how I like it! :) I'm so relieved Andrea has mentioned "ruler-gate", it's about time it came out into the open! LOL

Dolly Daydreams said...

Oh Hels i` feel your pain at least for the mosi living in Greece it's a bit of a nightmare, don't seem to have them in the city but as soon as I go to my summer house for the weekend the little pests are all over you and they make this high pitched whiney noise in your ear and the they bite and your itchy ......well you know that. , now it's me who's waffling. Sorry ! Great tag with pouch beautifully created and inked and all so scrummy.

Marie

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I do so enjoy your "tell it like it is blog" Hels.
But I also love your art. I have gotten hooked on the Craft Stamper magazine, which is not too easy to get here in Australia and I am always delighted by what you produce.

I guess midges and mossies are here to remind us that life isn't perfect but we still make the very best of it.
Cheers
Julie

Candy C said...

Hels...you had me laughing as I was reading your post. You're such a character! :) Your tag is awesome. So super grungy with all sorts of cool elements! LOVE IT...including the pouch! Thanks for sharing it with Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Fabulous!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is super gorgeous with the blues and browns.... love it. But um, yes.... 12 diet cokes in one day seems a bit over the top! Glad to hear you're off those nasties, and hope you're feeling loads better soon.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Such a fabulous project - too totally terrific!! I really love the color palette and all the wonderful stamps and embellishments you used on it. The little pouch is a really great design too! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Nancy said...

Oh, how I love reading your posts! Your paper & ink creations are always superb, too, but your writing - I really think someone should hire you to write ad copy or something. I LOVE your humor & all!!
Oh - to the tags - yep, wonderful as always!!
I hope the itching's gone by now (I'm so behind in blog commenting!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails