Thursday 23 June 2011

It's Grungy Monday...

...time again! Yeehawwww!!! Tis time for the Grungy Monday challenge again and this week my lovely Ranger Sister, Linda Ledbetter, has pulled a fantastic technique out of the archives of the one and only Tim Holtz. HERE are all the deets of the challenge.... and HERE is the link to the technique on the Duke of Distress' blog.




Now, I have never tried this technique before... and I had to do a couple of dry runs - mainly because I couldn't get the embossing right. No matter how many times I did the whole ink, stamp, sprinkle, heat thing, I just could not get it to go right... I know! Who knew embossing could be such a pain in the bum! The first three efforts were, for want of a better word, cack! The embossing powder was over cooking and soaking right into the paper... so when the Espresso Dabber went on, it just looked like seven shades of... erm... poo!


Finally... I got it sussed... I was holding the heatgun too close to the paper and spending too much time trying to melt one patch of it. I have been embossing for 832 years and have never had a problem before... so I am blaming the new heatgun I have (ahem, a poor workman always blames his tools and all that) it is a lot more hotter (oh how my English teacher would cringe if he read that). Anyways... enough waffling. This tag is TOTALLY inspired by the tag on the technique by the Emperor of Embossing... you see, I have the papers! I know! Not often do I get chance to use up papers that have been lurking in my stash for 284 years... but yep! Yeehawwww indeedily because I just knew that one day I would use those Wanted papers from Crate Paper. Actually, I did use them eleventy-hundred years ago when I made a card with them.. but alas, they have been neglected. So, now I know this technique, I will be using it... again... and again... and again!



So... I copied the tag Tim made... cheating I know.. but sometimes you know you just see something that is perfect and this design is that. I love to make stuff that has pockets, layers and pouchy things... and the pouch at the bottom of the tag is a FAB idea... I used the new Pennants On The Edge die to make that... I thought that the diamond shape tied in nicely with the rest of the design... and of course, because I can't seem to make anything that doesn't feature a flower and Idea-ology I got stuck in with that too. I tell you what, I loved making this tag... I had the best fun, even though I mucked it up several times... and I now have an idea to challenge myself... to use this technique on loads of different papers I have... nay and thrice, I could make a series of tags... oooh, you see, one nugget of inspiration lodges in my bonce and there is no stopping me...




Well, I have waffled on enough for one day... apologies for the shortest post ever yesterday (if you haven't seen it, I am giving away a tag on it :O))... and for no post at all on Tuesday... you see, these new meds are playing havoc! Not only was I walking around like a zombie and falling asleep at the drop of a hat, I was also suffering with the mother of all headaches... like 52 hours worth of headache. I think I am starting to get used to them now but on Saturday I have to up the dose again! Eeeek!!! I wouldn't mind if they actually were making a difference but they aren't... at the moment... guess it may take a while, who knows. Anyways... I have waffled on even more now lol Time to get inky again... and painty... more tags to make lol Right... offski... thanks for looking... have a grand day... TTFN

Hels x

17 comments:

Patricia said...

SOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Greetz Patricia

Vic said...

Great tag! I'm still try to get the technique right!

Helen said...

Great tag, Hels. I made a card for this challenge on Monday but it too, was cack so haven't blogged it and need to re-do it - perhaps my problem is your problem, lol. Will try again....

Paula Whittaker said...

fab tag.

Barb Cady said...

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so poorly Hels, sending you hugs and get well wishes. Your tag is fab, really love it and will try this out asap! xxx

Joanne said...

Oooh! Hels, you have excelled yourself with this tag. It is THE most gorgeous tag I have ever seen - and I've seen a lot of yours! - tags I mean LOL. Fantastic. Love the papers, love the colours, love the Dymo bit going through the metal charm. It's just wonderful. Well done.
Hugs Joanne xx

Alison said...

A gorgeous piece of grungy art Hels! Love it! xx

georgina said...

Great tag Hels,luv Georginax

StampDancer said...

Hels, this is a wonderful tag! I love your idea for using the pennants die for the pocket.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is fabulous. I love it.

Lori said...

Practice must make perfect, 'cause this is GORGEOUS! Love it!

Kathy Eddy said...

Another fabulous tag Hels! Love it!

Dawn said...

Love your tag, Hels!

Debbie said...

Really love the colour combo! Great design and technique, Hels! Awesome tag!

Sarah said...

Grungy Gorgeousness. That paper is fab and the embellies are just wonderful. Hope you are feeling on the up!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Really outstanding - love the little tag in the tag.

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

Toooo awesome that you had the paper. Your tag(s) are wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails