Friday 20 May 2011

Grungy...

...Friday! So, I am a day earlier than last week for my entry the fabbylicious challenge that is Grungy Monday. Devised and hosted by the ever so lovely Linda Ledbetter... all the deets for the challenge are HERE on her blog. The theme this week is based on Tim's Ranger Video showing us how to Distress Ink Color Block.



This is a technique I have never tried before... oh when I first started using Distress Inks 834 years ago, the lined effect was something I achieved frequently until I learnt how to use a Blending Tool properly... mwhahahaaa... this technique is grand indeed and I rather like the way it turned out... here is my tag "before" I got all silly and overloaded it with stamping and... stuff...




I won't go into deets on how to get the technique... you can see all about it HERE on the Ranger website... but I will tell you that I challenged myself a weensy bit for this one. Well, you see, I have a very lot of the boootiful stamps from the very one and only Duke of Distress... and yet I always seem to use the same ones... so I challenge meself to use the really old ones that are sitting there, unloved and uninked... and so I used them! And, I have now challenged meself to use them more often... just because they are old, doesn't mean they should be ignored...



So... the other day on the WOYWW thingy I showed you my messy desk and made allusions to the state of my room... well, last night I got all huffy puffy and had a minor hissy fit... I couldn't actually see the surface of my desk, it had got that bad! Nearly all the Distress Inks were out of their storage, Distress Stains were dancing a fandango across the top half of the desk and as for the Glossy Accents... they were minus a lid!!! Akkk!!!! So... during said hissy fit, I kind of had a bit of an aberation and just chucked it all in the direction of Desk 2. So, guess what I am doing later... I mean it, I am waging war on myself and this sillyness has to stop... messyness is no longer welcome in the Room of Stash ... and I am even going to unpack that case... before I do anything else I am going to sort things out... I am... really, I am...


Oh... and... Daisy dog is having her op today so finger's X'd that she will be back on all four paws soon... if you missed my post yesterday, please do CLICK HERE to see all about it... there is a hooooge raffle going on, organised by Kirsty Wiseman... anyways... good luck to Daisy... and to you too if you have got yourself a raffle ticket or two. Thanks for looking... have a very goodly day! TTFN

Hels x

22 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

Very Lovely. ive never tried that technique either. On saying that I dont have the tool or the foam lol so not likely to either. but it looks super cool on your tag. (love the colour tones.)
Z x

Sarah said...

Funny that you're now using all that we were taught never to do...great colour choices and I love a loaded tag...!
Thanks for sharing,
Sarah at 46.

Bearcrazyman said...

Fantastic Tag.... You can send it to me if it needs a Home! :)

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

Really beautiful tag. I love all of the details!

Jane said...

Your tag is beautiful. I love the colors and had to really spend some time looking and concentrating to see all the special details.

Helen said...

Gorgeous tag, love your colours - looks like some of the same ones I used, lol - great minds!!! The "silly bits" you used on your tag are fab.

Kaz Hall said...

Hi Hels

Never done this technique either till other day.....yours looks gorgeous as always, hope you get your unpacking done....have a fabby day mwah!

kazx

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning tag, love all your layers!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag Hels, love the colours and the two tone butterflies are gorgeous. Wonderfully embellished. Tracy x

Crafty Chick Designs said...

Like that background flourish at the bottom of the page and the wonderful embellishments. Nice color combination.

Debbie

Joanne said...

Firstly, good luck to Daisy doggy. A big gentle cuddle and kiss between the eyes on it's way little luv. Secondly, just noticed your fabby Ranger Certified gadget. Well done you and a big hug to you for achieving that. Thirdly, clever you again, for making such a beautiful tag, another hug for being clever again, Fourthly, another little hug for asking that meesey friend to go away - 'cos it didn't come back this morning.
No more hugs, you've had enough LOL
Joanne xxxx

Alison said...

Gorgeous tag hun! Love the colours you used! Have a great weekend! xx

Candy C said...

BE-A-U-TI-FUL!! LOVE your tag and all the colors and techniques you used on it. Your stacked flowers are just amazing! They ALWAYS look utterly amazing! <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Kathy Eddy said...

I LOVE it Hels! Great technique and all your embellies are perfect on it!

Lori said...

Fab tag, Hels, love how your color block tech came out... and of course, the flower is lush!

Debbie said...

You never disappoint me, Hels! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Great color choices for your tag. Cool little flourish peeking out behind your awesome flower. Super Job

Gillian .... said...

Gorjuss ... love the richness to the colours on this tag, and all the embellie details just rock: xx

Wendy said...

Just love your tag. The colour combo is awesome. You're right about using the same stamps over and over, definitely something I need to work on.

Daniele said...

ohhhhh another delish tag, with lots of scrummy details, lovin' the rose

jude said...

Another lush tag .Adore the colours youve choosen!
Good luck
hugs judex

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails