Sunday 1 May 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 152 - Sharp Dressed Man

Goodly morning Stampers! A very happy Sunday to you all... first of all, thank you for all the gorgeous entries last week, I am still on my way around to see everyone... sorry I am a little late on that one - been a bit busy lol :O)) There is a brand new theme this week... you have probably guessed from the title... the theme is... MEN. To join in is simples... make a piece of artwork, it can be anything you fancy. Include the theme and some stamping, leave a comment for me here with a link to the place you are showing your entry and then I can hop over to see you. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 7th May 2011.




For my entry this week I have altered a 5" square canvas... I used Claudine Hellmuth Traditional Tan paint (for a change!) to cover the base of the canvas and then went a bit bonkers with Colorwash Sprays and Dylusions Sprays... spritzing and drying, then spritzing a bit more and then flickinh water onto the canvas where it bleached out the colours giving really cool "raindrops"... I then got painty and using the lid of a Mini Mister to stamp circles onto the canvas using white and black Dabbers. I added a teensy bit more stamping using black Archival and a mini harlequin stamp from the Duke of Distress' collection.





Brolly Man was cut from Mountboard... using the new Alterations die... he was coloured with Vintage Photo Distress Stain and then overstamped with two different Studio 490 background stamps... I masked the brolly off and stamped the alphabet background and then masked off the man and stamped the cloth background on the brolly... I added little drips of Glossy Accents onto the brolly so it looks like it has raindrops on it.



The cogs are cut using the Gadget Gears Alterations die, painted and then spritzed with Butterscotch Colorwash - so they look a bit rusty... I coloured a piece of cardstock so I could stamp the sentiment... this was layered up and I used a Ranger White Pen to draw around the edges to make them pop a little...



I added some Idea-ology to the canvas... Corners, Lightbulbs and a Curio Knob and then popped a couple of those amazingly gorgeous new brass Steampunk Charms on to finish it off... I absolutely love the large clock with the cogs... available... HERE ;o))




Well, that's all from me for now... I am going to get an early night... I can't believe that it is the last day of Ranger U already... this weekend has whizzed past... if you haven't already seen... the post below this one is all about my days so far and there are some fabby pics there too if you fancy a look... I am off to scrub my inky mitts now...so I shall say... thanks for looking... and... have a goodly day... TTFN!

Hels x

19 comments:

Christine said...

You can find my entry here
Thanks for looking!

sparkles said...

I like this stamp but haven't used it yet! Love the way you have used it here
Barbara
Sparklessimplestuff

Helen said...

Dodm't realise you could use mountboard with the dies, thought it would be too thick.... gotta go play!

Love your canvas, and Umbrella Man.

Gillian .... said...

How fab does Brolly Man look against that Dylusions backdrop, love it:) I will be back. xx

Gillian .... said...

I'm back with this weeks entry:

http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/2011/05/men.html

Helen said...

I am back too, and there was only one man to go for!! My entry is here

Sherry Goodloe said...

and sharply dressed he IS! love this piece you've created. xo

Becky said...

Love it! Hope you are having fun over the pond here at Ranger U... like I really need to hope that... :)

Barb Cady said...

I love your use of umberella man! Trying my hand at canvas now, here is my entry:
http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.com/
Safe journey home! x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fab, fab, FAB!!!

Marijane said...

I love anything you do "umbrella man." I just got that die but haven't tried it yet. Did I see you in Tim's posts showing students at Ranger U hard at work? Looked like you might have shown up in a couple of pics over the two day post! Not sure... not used to seeing you from the side!

Sally Morgan said...

Hey Hel's, hope you're having some serious fun! Your blog has inspired me to get messy and alter things, I've even done a blokey thing for this challenge! You can find my entry at; http://craftysalscards.blogspot.com/2011/05/distressed-oh-yes-i-am-lol.html
Be kind, it's my first ever attempt! lol
*hugs* Sal x

Minxy said...

Gorgeous piece, HERE is my offering x

Debbie said...

Love the umbrella guy! Gorgeous as always!

Here's my entry Hels:

http://scrapsfromabroad.blogspot.com/2011/05/sharp-dressed-men.html

deborah.reid@gmail.com

Alison said...

Absolutely love the background on your canvas Hels, it's gorgeous altogether!
I made a tag, think I'm addicted to them! Lol! xx

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous canvas Hels. Here is mine for this week :)

margaret said...

Hi there here is my contribution, love your blog get loads of ideas.Thanks. See my work on
http://marglovecrafting.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunday-stamper-men.html

BarbaraW said...

I went with a Man's card rather than a man on a card. Hope that's ok. You can find it here: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2011/05/man-time.html

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Ooh I haven't joined in this challenge for yoinks!!
Looks like you are having a fabby time across the pond.

here's my entry

Andrea.xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails